Register to Comment
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Like Tree122Likes

Quote Originally Posted by reg11 View Post
    That's a line that gets peddled a lot, but for the past 90 odd years the Western world experienced major calamities that resulted in the deaths of millions. In an age of DIY terrorism would the odds of such be far greater and possibly far worse for the next 90 yrs henceforth?
    Population in the world 1950: 2.5 billion
    Population in the world today: 7.5 billion

Tis getting worse all right. Europe's up about 100% since 1900, the US 400%. But I'm sure you have a different definition of "The west".

Maybe (and this is silly I know), you should base your personal financial assumptions that A) the world will still exist when you hit 65 B) There will still be shops in which you want to buy food in. And then ensure you have a savings plan to support that.

I've read a piece where it wrote the odds of one getting a fatal or near fatal affliction after the age of 50 was shockingly low.
    And I'm sure you'll provide this no doubt university accredited set statistical estimates.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Population in the world 1950: 2.5 billion
    Population in the world today: 7.5 billion

Tis getting worse all right. Europe's up about 100% since 1900, the US 400%. But I'm sure you have a different definition of "The west".

Maybe (and this is silly I know), you should base your personal financial assumptions that A) the world will still exist when you hit 65 B) There will still be shops in which you want to buy food in. And then ensure you have a savings plan to support that.

And I'm sure you'll provide this no doubt university accredited set statistical estimates.
    The increased population growth isn't much consolation for the millions who were killed. Your reiterating my point, with population growth there's all the more to be killed in future calamities.

The world will still exist when I'm 65 but almost everything will depend on the prevailing ethos at that stage. With the trajectory of where the Western world has been heading up to recently, most will be in penury if the current powers have their way. People are wakening up to that and change is on it's way. Much of the b.s. that people were swallowing for gospel, is been seen for what it is, i.e. b.s. Savings plans were getting more onerous if not impossible for ordinary people to fulfill to meet basic needs, which by no coincidence were further enriching the peddlers of false security, in conjunction with their side kicks in politics in a kind of symbiosis to propagate an ever increasing fear factor to ensnare people in a political mindset that's now hitting a wall.

Twitter
    @

Just listening to "Queen Regina" on the radio just now, and she said that the average Irish woman now lives to the age of 88 and Men to 84!!!! CANNOT believe this statistic and just proves that the woman is totally incompetent in her job if she got the figure wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS) View Post
    Just listening to "Queen Regina" on the radio just now, and she said that the average Irish woman now lives to the age of 88 and Men to 84!!!! CANNOT believe this statistic and just proves that the woman is totally incompetent in her job if she got the figure wrong.
    Life expectancy: Good news for Irish women (and not-too-bad news for Irish men)

Maybe she meant those being born now?

Quote Originally Posted by Happycamping View Post
    Maybe she meant those being born now?
    Yup. Which is to be fair what any govt should be focused on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Yup. Which is to be fair what any govt should be focused on.

God bless your optimism in expecting many p.ie doomsters to be fair to regina doherty.

Who was she being interviewed by? Was she challenged, if not it's just typical. Regina probably read some headline on a paper and added a few years to it. It's the kind of thing we all want to believe, and Regina wants more people to keep working until they drop. No fear, she and her ilk won't be among them.

Anecdotally, I see no evidence of people living that much longer. Ask a GP for an honest opinion. I guess the stats are distorted by such matters as increased survival rates for premature babies, increased abortion rates for babies who would otherwise have a short lifespan if they were to be born, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by reg11 View Post
    I guess the stats are distorted by such matters as increased survival rates for premature babies, increased abortion rates for babies who would otherwise have a short lifespan if they were to be born, etc.
    You should sue your secondary school maths teacher.

Life expectancy at birth in Ireland in 2012, as calculated by Eurostat, is 83.2 years for females, just above the EU average of 83.1 years. The male life expectancy at birth in Ireland was 78.7 years, just over one year above the EU average.Feb 17, 2015

Another clown saying retirement age should be raised . Retirement should not be mandatory for those who want to work on .

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-35960405.html
    Last edited by atkin8; Yesterday at 12:41 PM.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment