Register to Comment
Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree581Likes

"And be not conformed to this world; but be reformed in the newness of your mind, that you may prove what is the good, and the acceptable, and the perfect will of God." Romans 12:2.

Effectively what he is writing- which comes as no surprise to anyone who knows this man, or at least a little about him- that the Church should conform to the world (which according to the New Testament stands under the verdict of condemnation- 1 Corinthians 11:32, but there are other places this is touched on as well) so that it can continue to be relevant, but relevant to who and why? If it is not being relevant to worshipping the Holy Trinity in Spirit and in Truth and preparing souls to enter Heaven that what use is it? Also it is noteworthy that the enemies of Our Lord and His Church are always very quick to praise Churchmen such as this Abbot and Anti-Pope Francis.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

"Gender diversity"? I wonder what that means.

Just because the RCC is socially conservative doesn't mean that it will become irrelevant in the future. The declining numbers of Catholics is mainly down to the scandals which have engulfed the Church and very little to do with its social outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by Texal Tom View Post
    The church of Ireland (Anglican) is all those modern whatever you're having yourself and it is a much more frail species despite its openness to modernity.
    This is the tightrope that all religions have to walk, they claim incontrovertible unerring immutable knowelege that does not account for changes in society or moral variations and look weak or hypocritical when they are forced to change.

Quote Originally Posted by A Voice View Post
    This great mind Hederman meandered around a few hobby horses on Finucane's show the other day. Waffle, it was. Thinks Trump is the patriarchy's last stand before the USA is swept along in a matriarchal tide. And other hot takes . . .
    He was extremely cruel to Desmond Fennell who is a man I and my better half are greatly fond of.

Quote Originally Posted by tsarbomb View Post

Just because the RCC is socially conservative doesn't mean that it will become irrelevant in the future. The declining numbers of Catholics is mainly down to the scandals which have engulfed the Church and very little to do with its social outlook.
    Read the link.

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    Just none of them go to Mass.

Dying on its arse, if it weren't for the grip the RCC had on the schools the hatched, matched and dispacted brigade wouldn't bother their arse.

It's gotten so bad they have to prove their mass attendance in order that they might receive communion. That's how devout the dwindling congregation is it has to be reminded to attend the central ceremony of their faith.

Muwhaha...
    If it weren't for the grip that the Church had on schools many people wouldn't have been educated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    He was extremely cruel to Desmond Fennell who is a man I and my better half are greatly fond of.
    I like Desmond, too.

Quote Originally Posted by tsarbomb View Post

A lot of it has to do really with effeminate Priests who preach mushy snuggle-bunnyish and not the Gospel of Christ. The "ah sure aren't we all grand" attitude turns off people who are serious minded. It is an ordeal often to sit through sermons in the Novus Ordo. Better for people to travel to a Traditional/Latin Mass and avoid the mainstream Church.

This chancer wrote a book on Tarot cards. Says it all really.

The more you open your mind and question it, the more silly it all is.

Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment