Register to Comment
Page 146 of 825 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136144145146147148 156 196 246 646 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 8250
Like Tree6443Likes

Quote Originally Posted by petaljam View Post
    This is so utterly dishonest of you - he was asked about one woman, and he answered about that one woman.

He was not asked if women in general are expected to diagnose their own illnesses, nor to propose the right treatment.
    Nor was he asked to enumerate all possible pathways towards the situation where an abortion is carried out on someone. Not even for just one woman.

He was asked to identify at what point in the timeline she should have had her pregnancy terminated, and that was his reply.
    Nope, he tried to obscure the incompetence of Dr. Astbury, or whatever her name was, who perceived no substantial threat to SH, and didn't even monitor her properly.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Half Nelson View Post
    The positions of the Mater, Vincent's and Archbishop Martin re the POLDP have long rankled with me. I see them as acts of hypocrisy, unworthy of catholics and I suspect that some backroom deal has been done to prevent awkward questions being put to them.

I put this exact matter to another bishop and he implicitly agreed with me but said there was nothing he can do.
    So you did put it to your church, what do you mean by 'implicity agreed' in what way did he do so. How about complaining to the Pope?

Quote Originally Posted by Schuhart View Post
    Not a question of my belief
    It is actually a question of what you believe. They've made assurances, assurances which you choose not to believe in.

It is your prerogative not to accept their assurances of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher2 View Post
    I thought we were talking about the party toward which the anger is directed.
    We are, as regards this site.

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    Your ignorance of the health care system here continues. Maternity hospital (that's not Vincent's) provide these, like the Lourdes (nuns) where i had mine at 30 years of age 16 years ago. Or Galway where a friend had hers much more recently. Or Holles Street where they are regularly performed.
    What status had the nuns that you're so fond of in Lourdes have in that hospital when you were there. What involvement did they have in your tubal ligation?

Quote Originally Posted by talkingshop View Post
    Nope, he tried to obscure the incompetence of Dr. Astbury, or whatever her name was, who perceived no substantial threat to SH, and didn't even monitor her properly.
    That's your entirely speculative interpretion of what happened, and regardless of what it's worth, it doesn't prove your original claim that he was suggesting that a woman who didn't know to ask for a termination could properly be allowed to die because she didn't ask is waaway out there on the nutter scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    What status had the nuns that you're so fond of in Lourdes have in that hospital when you were there. What involvement did they have in your tubal ligation?
    I'm fond of nuns? Resorting to petals deceitful manoeuvres Emily?

What's your point really. I made one mistake, big deal. You haven't answered the question, are you just accepting Boylan's statement as gospel, whereas from what Ger is saying, and she's a nurse, it seems to have been a lie, i.e. these procedures are not prohibited on grounds of ethos in Vincent's, they are just not part of the service they offer. Do you agree that the facts on this should be established (and that you shouldn't keep repeating Boylan's assertion as if it was an established fact in the meantime)?
    Ger has been trying to shift the question onto maternity hospitals. I'm talking about St. Vincent's.

Unsurprisingly I am far more inclined to accept what Peter Boylan has to say rather than either you or Ger, who also has being making wrong statements about the governance of the hospital in Drogheda on the basis of nothing more than having seen a nun there at the time.

If Boylan was wrong those defending the religious order would be queuing up to shoot him down. It would be a very easy point to score and you can see from the usual sneaking regarders on this site that there would be plenty only too happy to do so. So why haven't they done so?

Well I find Ger more convincing than Peter Boylan -
    That really says more about you than Peter Boylan...

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    I'm fond of nuns? Resorting to petals deceitful manoeuvres Emily?
    What are you on about? I wasn't even in your discussion there. Can you never make a point without spraying your bile as widely as possible?

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment