Register to Comment
Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree244Likes

First Abortion carried out under scetion 7 of the new legislation at Holles Street

So it appears that the Irish Times have got there hands on details of an abortion procedure carried out at Holles Street

First abortion carried out under new legislation - Health News | Irish Medical News | The Irish Times - Fri, Aug 23, 2013

apart from leaving the hospital open to a possible law suit by the patient, they have also left themselves at the mercy of the medical council
    I would hope that any doctor or nurse who has decided to set aside their medical ethics to drive an agenda will also have their employment terminated, if that is the case.

EDIT : MODS if this the wrong forum , move it to whatever one you think is correct, if there is another thread on this already just delete or merge or whatever.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Are we going to have tons of threads now on each individual case of abortion carried out under the new legislation?

Quote Originally Posted by Lara2 View Post
    Are we going to have tons of threads now on each indidvidual case of abortion carried out under the new legislation?
    Probably. And will someone get Brother Silvio's medication ready?

very unprofessional and whoever compromised their medical ethics and concerns for the patient I wish them nothing but bad luck. Just about the worst time in a woman's life. Also well done rag of an IT!

It's not really newsworthy. Typical media hype.

This procedure has been routinely carried out in Holles Street for years, where the physical life of the mother is in imminent danger.

The recent abortion legislation makes no difference in cases such as these.

apart form the confidentiality breach, the thing that really bugs me about the report is trying to link it to savita

I would say it will be fairly easy to identify the patient, who must be extremely upset, shocking this was in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    So it appears that the Irish Times have got there hands on details of an abortion procedure carried out at Holles Street

First abortion carried out under new legislation - Health News | Irish Medical News | The Irish Times - Fri, Aug 23, 2013

apart from leaving the hospital open to a possible law suit by the patient, they have also left themselves at the mercy of the medical council
    I would hope that any doctor or nurse who has decided to set aside their medical ethics to drive an agenda will also have their employment terminated, if that is the case.

EDIT : MODS if this the wrong forum , move it to whatever one you think is correct, if there is another thread on this already just delete or merge or whatever.
    The options were discussed with the parents-to-be.

This will have been a tragedy for them.

A life was saved.

Quote Originally Posted by nakatomi View Post
    I would say it will be fairly easy to identify the patient, who must be extremely upset shocking this was in the media.
    How?

Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    The options were discussed with the parents-to-be.

This will have been a tragedy for them.

A life was saved.
    I'm more concerned with the breach of patient confidentiality than the procedure

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment