Register to Comment
Page 228 of 311 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218226227228229230 238 278 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 3109
Like Tree1261Likes

With the Findus French connection the extended horsemeat trail softens the going for Irish meat processors and middle men.
    The potential for a well organised criminal enterprise in meat trading has grown out of the ever opportunistic knackers yard horse trader's recognition that many of the previously well-healed owners were no longer able to feed their chargers.
    The supermarket maffia whose only business strategy is to strangle producers and cometition with ever lower prices and quality made good partners to those on the horses inside track.

From farm to fork needs to become an option again with farmers dealing with registered abbatoris and customers able to repace frozen meat products with fresh.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by damus View Post
    Take this example, remember the three insurance companies who were convicted under data protection laws of obtaining personal data through illegal means from the DSP - none of the insurance companies had direct dealings with the DSP employee - but they employed some patsy who done the dirty work for them.
    Yes, I suppose adding a link to the chain purely for purposes of deniability is an old trick. Even the wretched tabloids in London would argue that they never hacked anyone's phone; they just happened to hire people who went ahead and did it anyway.

This is such a murky affair that none of us can say what was really going on. One of the few certainties is that ABP defrauded their customers, so they can hardly complain if we don't give them the benefit of the doubt.

At least Mr MacAdam faced the media and answered questions. It's about time someone from ABP did the same.

A lot of this horsemeat is exported to Europe from the USA . I have no doubt the bulk of all horsemeat is not merely unfit but dangerous for human consumption due to the cocktails of chemicals injected into these animals the bulk of which are forbidden to be used on humans . This excellent link explains what's going on. Horsemeat and Drugs | Habitat For Horses | Horse Rescue | Adopt a Horse

Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    A lot of this horsemeat is exported to Europe from the USA . I have no doubt the bulk of all horsemeat is not merely unfit but dangerous for human consumption due to the cocktails of chemicals injected into these animals the bulk of which are forbidden to be used on humans . This excellent link explains what's going on. Horsemeat and Drugs | Habitat For Horses | Horse Rescue | Adopt a Horse
    The US shut down most of their abattoirs which ended up in them exporting their horses to Canada and Mexico for slaughter. From what I understand, Canada has stopped accepting horses from the US for slaughter because of question marks about their origins. In July 2012, there was an alert issued when horsemeat that was exported from Canada to Belgium for the food chain was found to contain Clenbuterol and Phenylbutazone.

https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/rasff-w...ENCE=2012.1078

Is this where the losers of the Findus Chase ended up?

A Lazagne in the UK had 100% horsemeat. Jaysus..

Its clear from all this that proccessed food is a very murky business.....

They have found horse meat..... because they were looking for horse DNA.... I wonder if they tested for dog meat, or other dubious 'protein' what would they find.....

Where does all of this leave the 100% Irish guarentee for food............

Also, I read that in the US 75% of honey was not honey at all, but chemically produced HFCS !!

Fish that is passed off as cod, is apparently mostly panga (some sort of Japaneese cat fish).

Food has become a toxic mess eh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    A Lazagne in the UK had 100% horsemeat. Jaysus..
    If you were in France you'd be delighted with that news. I wonder if they will repackage the stuff and flog it to the French?

Quote Originally Posted by Mackers View Post
    If you were in France you'd be delighted with that news. I wonder if they will repackage the stuff and flog it to the French?
    It was actually supplied by a French company!

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    It was actually supplied by a French company!
    Sorry you have to laugh. Great stuff.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment