Register to Comment
Page 55 of 1296 FirstFirst ... 5 455354555657 65 105 155 555 1055 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 12951
Like Tree5988Likes
  1. #541
    gerhard dengler gerhard dengler is offline
    gerhard dengler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    27,411

    Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    Snide because it implies that a human tragedy is less worthy of discussion than a discussion on the economy. Snide because it appears to disencourage any discussion of a very valid topic. Snide because it is perfectly possible to discuss both topics.
    I'm not discouraging discussion on this topic.

    I just wish the same level of angst was applied to economic issues that apply more broadly.


    Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post

    The untruth is in the implication that the economy isn't discussed at great length on P.ie. The truth is that it is possibly the most thrashed out topic here.
    Long may this continue. The economy is the issue that confronts this nation.


    Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    BTW, you can change the number of posts displayed per page. I'm seeing 16 pages.
    Pages. Posts. Measure it whatever way you wish.
    This thread's growth has vastly increased in a matter of hours which was the point I made.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #542
    Hitch 22 Hitch 22 is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,420

    Quote Originally Posted by Half Nelson View Post
    That is complete alarmist BS.

    Mothers are allowed all necessary medical treatment in Irish hospitals and the statistics bear that out.
    This woman in distress was denied a termination. Her choice did not count.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #543
    Asparagus Asparagus is offline
    Asparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,650

    Quote Originally Posted by Half Nelson View Post
    Again, you don't know that and the only expert we have heard (on PK) doesn't know that either.
    i know that her vital stats are pretty dismal.

    I also know that she was denied a potential life saving intervention.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #544
    turdsl turdsl is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    26,394

    Quote Originally Posted by johntrenchard View Post
    Oh boy - it's now the top headline on Today FM news.

    And they've got Ivana Bacik for the token quote too.

    Fair dues to the poster who said "Ivana Bacik 5 .. 4.. 3...2 ..1" above.

    Another point - why is the left so fixated on the murdering of children before they are born? Is it some sort of fetish? Do they really think we can get to a utopia by eliminating anyone with a capitalist gene?

    Just asking..
    You are not entitled to ask anything until you inform yourself

    You think a dying woman can get out of bed and take a plane to England

    This case should force the government to act now.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #545
    Volatire Volatire is offline
    Volatire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,165

    Those who pander to religious fundamentalism fail to recognise it for what it is.

    A cancer that needs to be destroyed.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #546
    gerhard dengler gerhard dengler is offline
    gerhard dengler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    27,411

    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan2010 View Post
    apples and oranges , i have probably clocked up a couple of thousand posts on the economy over the last 3 years. How can you compare a generational event like the on going depression versus a case that crystalises a smouldering issue.
    in fairness you have contributed well to the economic threads here.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #547
    Trainwreck Trainwreck is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    6,802

    Quote Originally Posted by Half Nelson View Post
    That is complete alarmist BS.

    Mothers are allowed all necessary medical treatment in Irish hospitals and the statistics bear that out.

    You are saying that there was no legal impediment to the doctors performing an abortion in this case?

    You are saying there is no legal impediment to doctors in a future case from performing an abortion if they believe it might increase the chance of the mother's survival?


    I think you are wrong in law and fact, but I am willing to see what documented evidence you can provide that proves otherwise.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #548
    Asparagus Asparagus is offline
    Asparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,650

    Quote Originally Posted by turdsl View Post
    You are not entitled to ask anything until you inform yourself

    You think a dying woman can get out of bed and take a plane to England

    This case should force the government to act now.
    No. This case highlights that the government should have already acted.

    It can't react to this - there needs to be a careful, deliberation of the issue and calm rational debate. Followed by constitutional change drafts and reviews and then whatever legislation.

    But it will probably be dealt with in a populist manner.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #549
    ScreeOrTalus ScreeOrTalus is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,324

    Quote Originally Posted by Tea Shark View Post
    Being as how this demonstrates it is clearly not safe to be pregnant here should something go wrong, reality averse much?
    Clanrickard, being right wing, is not reality averse.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #550
    turdsl turdsl is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    26,394

    Quote Originally Posted by johntrenchard View Post
    Bingo! ..

    My thoughts entirely. Now watch the Ivana Bancik/Irish Times/Pat Kenny mob jump on this one.

    I sincerely hope so, We have disgraced ourselves again.The woman should be entitled to the treatment she asked for.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment