Register to Comment
Page 1 of 29 123 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree281Likes

Twitter
    @

Pander to Unorganised Autistic Group or face the wrath of social media

Aisling Byrne said that on arrival at the Drogheda-based park, the group showed staff their autism cards -- which most parks acknowledge by allowing early access.

"We asked if the children could be brought in ahead of the queue as children with autism find waiting hard -- again the staff member hasn't a clue and said I don't know, I don't think so."
    Fun park says sorry for treatment of autistic tour group - National News - Independent.ie

An Aisling Byrne then went about posting a complaint on Facebook which yesterday had 8000 'likes'

The report never mentions that arrangements were made in advance by the Autistic Group, surely Aisling Byrne would have been better prepared by calling in advance with regard to her groups special needs rather than wasting time on Facebook post her cock-up?

This is a huge problem with social media, a large well organised body such as Ms Byrnes can inflict lots of damage on an innocent company that knew no better due of the needs of Ms Byrnes groups because of her inability to communicate in advance*

*no such noted in News article

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...321894225.html

word for word the IT has the same article today!!!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Maker View Post
    Fun park says sorry for treatment of autistic tour group - National News - Independent.ie

An Aisling Byrne then went about posting a complaint on Facebook which yesterday had 8000 'likes'

The report never mentions that arrangements were made in advance by the Autistic Group, surely Aisling Byrne would have been better prepared by calling in advance with regard to her groups special needs rather than wasting time on Facebook post her cock-up?

This is a huge problem with social media, a large well organised body such as Ms Byrnes can inflict lots of damage on an innocent company that knew no better due of the needs of Ms Byrnes groups because of her inability to communicate in advance*

*no such noted in News article

Theme park apologises to special needs group - The Irish Times - Fri, Aug 10, 2012

word for word the IT has the same article today!!!
    Do you have any proof that Ms Byrne's body is either large or well-organised; for all the OP tells us, she could be slim but slightly clumsy.

a little off topic but here is an example of a dumb bride to be that slagged off a Waterford hotel on Facebook, she got her comeuppance when the hotel were backed into responding to her on line to explain that her husband to be's stag party had brought a woman back to their room among other things, gardai called etc

Why should a privately owned theme park have a policy for autistic children, allowing them special treatment over other children?

Autistic groups are free to lobby companies to institute such policies. However, it is rather nasty to try and damage their business by doing this lobbying in a retrospective and hysterical manner.

There is such a culture of self importance, self entitlement, and arrogance in this country.

This is just another example.

Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Why should a privately owned theme park have a policy for autistic children, allowing them special treatment over other children?

Autistic groups are free to lobby companies to institute such policies. However, it is rather nasty to try and damage their business by doing this lobbying in a retrospective and hysterical manner.

There is such a culture of self importance, self entitlement, and arrogance in this country.

I agree.

I've always felt that Autistic children are the most arrogant of children. Who do they think they are - Rainman? Back of the queue.

Lord grant me strength.

Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post

they are still customers, of course a well run company should take all their potential customers needs into account. In this case it does cut both ways and she should have pre arranged this. I gather some cinemas run special screenings for autistic kids, I dont see a problem.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan2010 View Post
    they are still customers, of course a well run company should take all their potential customers needs into account. In this case it does cut both ways and she should have pre arranged this. I gather some cinemas run special screenings for autistic kids, I dont see a problem.
    okay, so we so far seem to agree that pre-arrangements should have been made? why therefore are the Autism group victimising themselves? Why have they gone about trying to damage the water parks reputation?

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan2010 View Post
    In this case, the parents are seeking special treatment for their children. Such treatment may be reasonable. However, there is a way to go about this and the article quoted above paints the picture of a very nasty and confrontational approach.

I agree that the way to do this is to discuss it in advance with management

okay, so we so far seem to agree that pre-arrangements should have been made? why therefore are the Autism group victimising themselves? Why have they gone about trying to damage the water parks reputation?
    well exactly, some people are dumb and like to sound off and it could damage a good business where the only crime is not being Psychic, and because of this companies will have to start developing "social media" strategies for such cases I guess. If the company is in the right they have every right to crusify them online.

This is the society that has developed.

We are now so utterly self centred and it is assumed that everyone else realises that the world revolves around us. In adddition, people are so frustrated with their lives that they seek confrontation.

The parents group in this case are not alone in this. Look at pensioners, students, unions, and other lobby groups.

Page 1 of 29 123 11 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment