Register to Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Disability payments have not been paid into Ulster Bank accounts today. Glich Blamed!

Ive just been on to the Disability Allowance Section of the Dept of Social Protection.
    Disability Allowance Payments have not reached Ulster bank Customer Accounts today.
    According to the department official with whom i spoke Ulster bank are experiencing problems with the payment from the department which they say is a glitch that are currently trying to rectify.
    Just for the record, the Dept official was both professional and extremely courteous, (fair play to him, having had loads of calls related to this).
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Lassie View Post
    Ive just been on to the Disability Allowance Section of the Dept of Social Protection.
    Disability Allowance Payments have not reached Ulster bank Customer Accounts today.
    According to the department official with whom i spoke Ulster bank are experiencing problems with the payment from the department which they say is a glitch that are currently trying to rectify.
    Just for the record, the Dept official was both professional and extremely courteous, (fair play to him, having had loads of calls related to this).
    Just off the phone from Bank -- their entire computer network and systems have gone down!

Is it just Ulster or all banks?

Quote Originally Posted by Neutron View Post
    Is it just Ulster or all banks?
    Just Ulster. We got paid overnight but not staff with UB accounts

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
    Just off the phone from Bank -- their entire computer network and systems have gone down!
    Presumably heads will roll, etc., with this being a fup up in the private sector?

Here is the media report finally! OnBBC BBC News - Ulster Bank 'technical issue' affects benefits payments
    in ireland Technical glitch knocks out some Ulster Bank services TheJournal.ie

Im surprised it's taken this long to fix it. My brother who was a big wig computer engineer for barclays etc., also all of dublin traffic signals, up to recently, said that even three years ago there is NO WAY that it's a hardware problem as systems are mirrored and backed up in multiple ways.
    He says t has to be a software problem (unlikely to last this long in his opinion) or a cyber attack.

is this a software or liquidity problem?
    Have they taken the money and run?
    Last edited by Lassie; 20th June 2012 at 05:10 PM.

Just seen that on the news,what a mess,with some 100,000 affected.

Ulster Bank warns of 24-hour payments delay as glitches continue Business ETC

Quote Originally Posted by james toney View Post
    Just seen that on the news,what a mess,with some 100,000 affected.

Ulster Bank warns of 24-hour payments delay as glitches continue Business ETC
    It's not just people's salaries that are affected,

I dropped some cash into a branch yesterday in a quick lodge envelope and it hasn't shown up on my balance yet,

Tesco must be happy though, as my debit card has been charged twice for the shopping I did on Monday, every little helps eh

Looks like a total computer system collapse, nasty,

Hopefully all will be sorted soon

Pure speculation, but it could be an attack by Russian mafia sources.

Ulster Bank is to be downgraded tonight!

RBS, Natwest and Ulster Bank, all owned by RBS of course, are not having a great day today. Many thousands of customers are having trouble getting at their cash. A technical problem in the IT systems meant that people's bank balances were not updated over night. So customers trying to get money out of cash machines or use their debit cards, who would have expected wages or other money to be in their accounts this morning, have had their transactions turned down. RBS is working to get this sorted out as 'soon as is humanly possible' they say. It is very much a technical problem, and nothing to do with the safety of the bank.
    This might be a bad day for the banks - ITV News

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment