Register to Comment
Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree331Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Male Nude Photographer View Post
    Actually I understand that Civil Cermonies have turned out to be a very welcome source of business for the hospitality industry.
    There happened to be one in hotel in Cork, where I am from last July, 250 guests, with another 300 for the afters, bar didn't close until 6am, and the hotel was booked solid for 2 nights. The theme was Marlyn Monroe....
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    That's my point John,

A single person should have exactly the same rights and obligations as a married person,

Our constitution needs to be torn up and completely rewritten!

The issue isn't about gay rights or women's rights or minority rights or children's rights or whatever,

We need to stop seeing people as members of a group, and start having respect for the rights of every individual!
    Suppose you have a child.

Should you have rights and responsibilities with regard to that child which are not possessed by most other people?

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    That's my point John,

A single person should have exactly the same rights and obligations as a married person,
    Our constitution needs to be torn up and completely rewritten! The issue isn't about gay rights or women's rights or minority rights or children's rights or whatever,

We need to stop seeing people as members of a group, and start having respect for the rights of every individual!
    I remember having this conversation before, Ribeye where exactly do you draw the line on what is acceptable or not? just because you deem it ok does'nt make it acceptable. Say someone is part of society that wanted to marry children, it's acceptable to that group but maybe not to you. Do we start to respect that individuals rights in 20 yrs time? I'm just curious about pandoras boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by bob3367 View Post
    It should be legalised, then marketed, and watch every hotel room in the country fill.
    Good idea, im sure the hotel industry could use the boost too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
    I remember having this conversation before, Ribeye where exactly do you draw the line on what is acceptable or not? just because you deem it ok does'nt make it acceptable. Say someone is part of society that wanted to marry children, it's acceptable to that group but maybe not to you. Do we start to respect that individuals rights in 20 yrs time? I'm just curious about pandoras boxes.
    You don't see a difference between two consenting adults and one consenting adult and a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    Suppose you have a child.

Should you have rights and responsibilities with regard to that child which are not possessed by most other people?
    No,

But the child would have the same basic rights as everyone else!

Good to see but it doesn't necessarily mean a referendum would pass. The first attempt at divorce foundered on the succession rights of farms.

The interesting story here is how a conservative nation went from being conservative to being ultra liberal.How did the media and the cultural Marxists achieve such a mind change in Ireland and most of Western Europe/North America.The great American conservative,Pat Buchanan has interesting observations on this.Worth checking his thoughts on youtube.Search for cultural Marxism.

The report containing this poll was originally presented to an Oireachtas committee on Wednesday (its main topic examining reasons for the no vote on inquiries referendum). The table on page 27 of the report contains the same sex marriage result and levels of support for various other reform options:

The number of TDs should be significantly reduced:
    87%

The Oireachtas should be able to hold inquiries into matters of general
    public importance:
    75%

Same sex marriages should be allowed in the Constitution:
    73%

Local government should be given power to raise and to manage their own finances:
    62%

The Seanad should be abolished:
    59%

The terms of the Presidency should be reduced from 7 years to 5:
    54%

The offence of blasphemy should be removed from the Constitution:
    53%

References to women's life within the home should be removed from the Constitution:
    51%

The voting system PR-STV (Single Transferable Vote) electoral system should be replaced:
    34%

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyEdo View Post
    a grilled cheese sambo.

fwaaarrrr, things I'd do to one of them right now

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment