Register to Comment
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 285
Like Tree24Likes
  1. #11
    Mr. Bumble Mr. Bumble is offline
    Mr. Bumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19,999

    Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    I too would describe myself as Prolife and am not influenced in one bit by Religion as I'm Agnostic.
    However, a foetus is a human, potential or otherwise. Unlike a sperm cell which is a mere potential ingrediant. The life of the unborn should not mean any less than to a life of someone walking down the road. Every human should experience life.
    Is a foetus as human as a fully formed newborn baby?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #12
    Samell Samell is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,391

    I believe that life starts when the collection of cells can emerge from the growth chamber and survive as a separate being.If you were to remove a zygote from the mother it could not survive therefore it can not be termed living, it is a parasite.

    Sorry LongShanks but life at conception is a little early, successful implantation in the womb would be more realistic, still early for me. I think that ancient Buhdists only believed that life started 40 days after birth when the infants soul entered the body. A good way to overcome high infant mortality, it had no soul therefore it was not meant to be and not alive to the religion.

    That people take the choice away from others based on their own personal dogmas in what is now a highly multi-cultural state is bordering on madness, and is forcing women into near slavery,caring for unwanted off spring, at what cost to the state? forced to bear children they don't want, more like farming than humanity.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #13
    ruserious ruserious is offline
    ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,884

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bumble View Post
    Is a foetus as human as a fully formed newborn baby?
    Yes I would say so. Same species. Is a Baby as human as a fully formed adult?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #14
    ruserious ruserious is offline
    ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,884

    Can we get a poll on this Mods?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #15
    fontenoy fontenoy is offline
    fontenoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,059

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bumble View Post
    So, hypothetically, if your 13 year old daughter became pregnant through rape you would insist that she carry the foetus/baby to birth?
    Martin Sheen reckons he would. His wife was the baby of a rape. Hence no baby no CHARLIE boy.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #16
    Mr. Bumble Mr. Bumble is offline
    Mr. Bumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19,999

    Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    Yes I would say so. Same species. Is a Baby as human as a fully formed adult?
    Yes. For me anyway. But is a clump of cells with the potential for forming a self-sustaining human being the same as a fully formed adult?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #17
    Rory2 Rory2 is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    210

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bumble View Post
    So, hypothetically, if your 13 year old daughter became pregnant through rape you would insist that she carry the foetus/baby to birth?
    Always the most extreme scenarios. I really wonder how many abortions are performed because the girl got raped. I'd say a pretty small percentage though this is always the case presented by liberals.

    And instead of saying, what if a girl gets raped, they ask "what if your daughter got raped?"

    Here is a question for you, if you were were a defenseless little baby in the womb, would you like to be extracted limb by limb by a guy in a white coat with all the weapons of modern technology at his disposal?

    And one more, do you think children have souls? If so, do you think the baby is endowed with a soul at conception or at birth?

    I just wonder how someone who has children can doubt whether their child has a soul.

    It is easy to think that before one has kids, however.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #18
    LongShanks LongShanks is offline
    LongShanks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    819

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bumble View Post
    As she would still be a child surely you would have an obligation to give firm and definitive guidance?
    Agreed. And that why I said I'd hope...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bumble View Post
    When you say beliefs, may I ask is your view on abortion dictated by religious beliefs?
    My views on abortion are dictated by science as I outlined above. It makes no sense to say that life begins at any point other than conception. This also agrees with my religous views btw but science forms my viewpoint.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #19
    ruserious ruserious is offline
    ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,884

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bumble View Post
    Yes. For me anyway. But is a clump of cells with the potential for forming a self-sustaining human being the same as a fully formed adult?
    No but why should that effect the reasoning if it is OK to kill one or the other. Are disabled people unable to self-sustain themselves game for killing off? That's if you apply that logic you suggest.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #20
    Mr. Bumble Mr. Bumble is offline
    Mr. Bumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    19,999

    Quote Originally Posted by Rory2 View Post
    Always the most extreme scenarios. I really wonder how many abortions are performed because the girl got raped. I'd say a pretty small percentage though this is always the case presented by liberals.

    And instead of saying, what if a girl gets raped, they ask "what if your daughter got raped?"

    Here is a question for you, if you were were a defenseless little baby in the womb, would you like to be extracted limb by limb by a guy in a white coat with all the weapons of modern technology at his disposal?

    And one more, do you think children have souls? If so, do you think the baby is endowed with a soul at conception or at birth?

    I just wonder how someone who has children can doubt whether their child has a soul.

    It is easy to think that before one has kids.
    Well if I had posed the question: Should a happily married wealthy mother of four carry her fifth child to birth? then the answer might have been a lot easier. Just because the case is extreme doesn't mean it hasn't happened or isn't relevant.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment