Register to Comment
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Has it been replicated?
    Probably not. How long did it take before the research into thalildomide was replicated?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by soubresauts View Post
    Like I said, the death rate was negligible before vaccination started. Would you like to explain that, Tallaght01?

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    All vaccines have a risk.

Let me repeat that "ALL VACCINES have a risk".

However the risk from measles etc. is far higher than risk from vaccine.
    That's what you think. The official statistics show that the risk from measles and the other normal childhood diseases was negligible before vaccination started. Doctors and parents were not seriously worried about those diseases.

The significant risk of rubella (German measles) in pregnancy was well known. But that applied only to the small number of women who hadn't contracted rubella in childhood. Back before vaccination, that is.

Look at the US records of vaccine adverse events, and consider, since such events are significantly under-reported, how much damage is really done by vaccines.

Here's Wakefield speaking this week. Very interesting, particularly in view of the Murdoch scandal...
    Very interesting indeed, I'd recommend people listen to it as well. Basically Wakefields come out and claimed Rupert Murdoch may have orchestrated a media campaign against him...Murdoch's son was on the board of the company that produced the vaccine and sat to profit by its production. If this is true Murdoch should be clinked for the end of his days-phone hacking pales in significance to putting the publics health at risk. Mind you if its lies Wakefield should face the same fate.

"With the London Times giving Brian Deer free reign to attack Wakefield, media closed in like shark. Coincidentally, the head of Reuters serves on the Board of Merck, and Miriam Stoppard who writes at the Daily Mirror newspaper is married to Sir Christopher Hogg, who was Chairman of GlaxoSmith Kline in 2004. Dr Kumar, the Chairman of the GMC Fitness to Practice Panel who ruled against Dr Andrew Wakefield, would not answer questions about his shareholdings in GlaxoSmithKline."
    Murdoch and Vaccines: Exposure of Crimes Reveals a Much Larger Story | COTO Report

Quote Originally Posted by sking81 View Post
    Very interesting indeed, I'd recommend people listen to it as well. Basically Wakefields come out and claimed Rupert Murdoch may have orchestrated a media campaign against him...Murdoch's son was on the board of the company that produced the vaccine and sat to profit by its production. If this is true Murdoch should be clinked for the end of his days-phone hacking pales in significance to putting the publics health at risk. Mind you if its lies Wakefield should face the same fate.
    "Murdoch, the chairman and chief executive of News Corporation Europe and Asia and chairman of BSkyB, starts in the 75,000-a-year post on 20 May.

He will serve as a member of GSK's corporate responsibility committee, where he will help to review "external issues that might have the potential for serious impact upon the group's business and reputation".
    James Murdoch takes GlaxoSmithKline role | Media | guardian.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    "Murdoch, the chairman and chief executive of News Corporation Europe and Asia and chairman of BSkyB, starts in the 75,000-a-year post on 20 May.

He will serve as a member of GSK's corporate responsibility committee, where he will help to review "external issues that might have the potential for serious impact upon the group's business and reputation".
    James Murdoch takes GlaxoSmithKline role | Media | guardian.co.uk
    Now that's a smoking gun if ever I saw one...will be very interesting to see where this one goes. Wakefields been absolutely pilloried by the press, from CNN all the way down to Penn (from Penn and Teller). An awful lot of people are going to have egg on their faces if he was in the end right (or at least proven to have carried out credible research). This could get pretty ugly.

It would really have to be some sort of mad science fiction disease before I would even consider the case for compulsory vaccination-something crazy like airborne AIDS or something. There would have to be a very high risk to public health before something like that should be on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Can you provide a link to support this?
    1. The research paper he wrote published in the Lancet was withdrawn by the publication a number of years later, the first time this had happended in over 150 years for that respected publication
    2. his co-authors disowned him and the reserach paper
    3. he was struck off by the Medical Council in the Uk

I think that makes the point

I ama doctor
    I am a parent of 3 young children
    I do not dovaccinations or make any money from vaccinations so no vested interest
    I have addressed this before here but the naysayers-doomsdayers dont accept medical evidence because of this one guy Wakefield who published a dodgy research paper which has been discredited
    A percentage of children who get measles die, there were a few deaths 3-4 years ago in Temple street as a result of a clustered outbreak
    1/1,000 children who get measles will suffer some brain damage from it ( Most people who gt measles recover BUT some are disabled and some die- Medical fact easily found google and you will find this out even in the Irish press over the last few years)

People do the lotto and think they can win (odds of 1/4Million or more)

If told kids had 1/1000 chance of getting brain damage with little or no risk from vaccination why would you not vaccinate

The death rate in Ireland from measles was negligible before vaccination was introduced. If you don't believe me, please check out the official statistics.
    Check them out yourself and post them here, you make a statement with no fact to back it up and ask others to challenge you about the veracity of the fact when we are quoting facst in our statements

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment