Register to Comment
Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 531
Like Tree555Likes
  1. #471
    The_SR The_SR is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15,101

    Quote Originally Posted by Zadig View Post
    Holy sh-t, who knew the Greens were so badass. Can't wait for white Irish to be outnumbered, we're a disgusting lot.
    But he didn't say that, did he
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #472
    JacquesHughes JacquesHughes is offline
    JacquesHughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    810

    Enjoy it now. We're only a few government mistakes away from being poor again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
    I'm baffled that any Green things we need more first world consumers, not less. The only way we can possibly achieve levels of sustainable consumption in the face of the reality that people will not compromise on their consumer led lifestyles is surely to allow the current population attrition to continue. After all, mechanization and automation will soon do away with many traditional industries, so it's going to require less people in western nations or face mass unemployment.
    True. A managed down-sizing of population, to fit the actual labour need, is a valid choice too.

    Rising unemployment in Ireland is certainly a possibility in the near future. Brexit will be a terrible economic shock to agriculture, which is already overstaffed. 'We'll always have milk'. We will, but does anybody else want it? There's other changes taking place in society; milk consumption has fallen steadily in the US from 160 litres per capita per year in the late 1940's to 64 litres last year. UK per capita consumption of milk has fallen by 50% since 1980 to today. There's also the rise of non-dairy milk, soya etc. How much coconut milk and almond milk are we going to export from Tipperary?

    The only way Ireland, a soggy, peripheral, sea-separated part of the EU, can have a standard of living higher than the world average, is though 1. the benign trading conditions of the EU, 2. good-government choices, and 3. high education standards ( and the retention of the educated in the work-force); and 2 and 3 are at risk when one embarks upon mass-replacement of the original population.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #473
    raetsel raetsel is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,460

    Quote Originally Posted by fergal1790 View Post

    He is a total and utter bullsh1tter. Who would spout the same crap that he has but leave out the most important information like the timescale??

    This guy and the rest of the greens and labour party are a pox on this great country and need to be removed at all costs!

    What has the Green party or this Ryan guy ever done for Ireland apart from Lie to get into power and then contribute to bankrupting the country leaving thousands destitute and living on the streets?
    What about Fianna Fail and Fine Gael, the dominant parties in the coalitions for the last ten years of economic strife? Do they not have ANY responsibility for how Ireland became a mess?
    Neither the Greens nor Labour should have gone into coalition with dominant right wing parties but if you can only find fault with the people with parties on the left who had much, much less influence on the problems the much larger conservative parties they shared power with then you are absolutely clueless.
    A bit of objectivity might not go amiss.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #474
    flavirostris flavirostris is offline
    flavirostris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    23,069

    I actually agree with lots of Green policies but I absolutely cannot vote for them because of people like Eamon Ryan.

    He was on the radio yesterday being interviewed by Henry McKean of Newstalk and he was talking about the initiative to get rid of coffee cups or replace them with biodegradeable coffee cups. Apparently they are a big problem in terms of waste going into landfills and they do not degrade naturally.

    Now I would definitely support that but I just cannot support clowns like Eamon Ryan, mainly because of his support for Ibrahim Halawa and pro-refugee causes.

    Basically we need a right-wing Green Party.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #475
    Trampas Trampas is online now

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,602

    Quote Originally Posted by flavirostris View Post
    I actually agree with lots of Green policies but I absolutely cannot vote for them because of people like Eamon Ryan.

    He was on the radio yesterday being interviewed by Henry McKean of Newstalk and he was talking about the initiative to get rid of coffee cups or replace them with biodegradeable coffee cups. Apparently they are a big problem in terms of waste going into landfills and they do not degrade naturally.

    Now I would definitely support that but I just cannot support clowns like Eamon Ryan, mainly because of his support for Ibrahim Halawa and pro-refugee causes.

    Basically we need a right-wing Green Party.
    The aforementioned clown also reckons that Dublin doesn't need the M50.........and he lives in Dublin.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #476
    razorblade razorblade is online now

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,599

    Its these kind of crazy proposals which make the greens completely unelectable.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #477
    ionsniffer ionsniffer is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5,783

    Quote Originally Posted by flavirostris View Post
    I actually agree with lots of Green policies but I absolutely cannot vote for them because of people like Eamon Ryan.

    He was on the radio yesterday being interviewed by Henry McKean of Newstalk and he was talking about the initiative to get rid of coffee cups or replace them with biodegradeable coffee cups. Apparently they are a big problem in terms of waste going into landfills and they do not degrade naturally.

    Now I would definitely support that but I just cannot support clowns like Eamon Ryan, mainly because of his support for Ibrahim Halawa and pro-refugee causes.

    Basically we need a right-wing Green Party.
    It shouldn't take the re-election of that plum to understand we have to cut down on poisonous plastics being put into the environment.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #478
    flavirostris flavirostris is offline
    flavirostris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    23,069

    Quote Originally Posted by ionsniffer View Post
    It shouldn't take the re-election of that plum to understand we have to cut down on poisonous plastics being put into the environment.
    I do like some of their policies but it's the fact that they bundle those policies with extreme leftwing libtardism that rules them out for me.

    I want the biodegradeable coffee cups but not the Ibrahim Halawa shyte or the fake refugees.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #479
    Fabo02 Fabo02 is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    964

    Quote Originally Posted by flavirostris View Post
    I actually agree with lots of Green policies but I absolutely cannot vote for them because of people like Eamon Ryan.

    He was on the radio yesterday being interviewed by Henry McKean of Newstalk and he was talking about the initiative to get rid of coffee cups or replace them with biodegradeable coffee cups. Apparently they are a big problem in terms of waste going into landfills and they do not degrade naturally.

    Now I would definitely support that but I just cannot support clowns like Eamon Ryan, mainly because of his support for Ibrahim Halawa and pro-refugee causes.

    Basically we need a right-wing Green Party.
    The current Greens want sustainability on the one hand but then lots of unsustainable immigration on the other.

    Moving people from Africa to Ireland is bad because these people have a much lower carbon footprint in Africa than here. Then you have to build all the houses and concrete over fields. And take on more debt and welfare. They really need to go away for a while and re-think their whole ideology some of which I agree is good. Also like the Guardian readers they want less children but more refugees. Dont know how that works. But they are afraid of being seen as right wing if they become true to their actual real beliefs.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #480
    fergal1790 fergal1790 is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    660

    Quote Originally Posted by JacquesHughes View Post
    True. A managed down-sizing of population, to fit the actual labour need, is a valid choice too.

    Rising unemployment in Ireland is certainly a possibility in the near future. Brexit will be a terrible economic shock to agriculture, which is already overstaffed. 'We'll always have milk'. We will, but does anybody else want it? There's other changes taking place in society; milk consumption has fallen steadily in the US from 160 litres per capita per year in the late 1940's to 64 litres last year. UK per capita consumption of milk has fallen by 50% since 1980 to today. There's also the rise of non-dairy milk, soya etc. How much coconut milk and almond milk are we going to export from Tipperary?

    The only way Ireland, a soggy, peripheral, sea-separated part of the EU, can have a standard of living higher than the world average, is though 1. the benign trading conditions of the EU, 2. good-government choices, and 3. high education standards ( and the retention of the educated in the work-force); and 2 and 3 are at risk when one embarks upon mass-replacement of the original population.
    1, We have relied on the EEC/EU for our standard of living since we joined way back in the early 70s.

    2, We have rarely had good government and their choices are all based on what they can get for themselves.

    3, We are continually watering down our education standards by allowing semi literate kids with no/poor language into mainstream schools!

    The food is 'horrible' and the men are 'creepy' - Children in direct provision speak out
    Maybe someone should tell these children to tell their parents to stop trying to gain entry to Ireland when they have been rejected again and again over several years and just go back where they came from with their children.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment