Register to Comment
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

J'accuse - Eamon Ryan

I used to vote for Eamon Ryan and the Green Party, once they went into government with FF in 2007 I dropped my support immediately and have been waiting impatiently on the sidelines for the wheels to come off.

Surely I thought, the high moral standards of the Greens would allow them to see the toxic, incompetent cronyism that effects all FF led governments. It was only a question of time before the penny would drop.

It never will. Gormley of course was always one to put the path to power ahead of his morals and ethics, so I never expected much from him. But surely Eamon Ryan, whom I have met and had a high regard for, would find an issue to make a stand on?

The lowest ebb surely was his 'defence' of Willie O'Dea in the Dáil knowing the consequences of his actions. But recently this has been surpassed by his blinkered and total support for the current financial legislation in both NAMA and the continuing bailing out of the banks. As Olivia O'Leary said yesterday, it is the politics of fear. Eamon Ryan is as morally bankrupt as the banks are financially. But there will be no bailout of Eamon Ryan, FF don't do transfers. By failing to stand up for what he knows to be morally right and just for the Irish people he has shown himself to at a level below even Fianna Fail.

There is a word for Eamon Ryan.

Quisling.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Hasn't it dawned on you yet that whatever minority party that goes into government with Fianna FAIL just gets used, abused and then spat out by them when they are finished with them? It has happened in the past and it is happening now. Add to that the fact that Gormless et al are drunk with power and you begin to see the problem.

I had some begrudging respect for Ryan up until he got into power.

Last week's statement that we would be thrown out of the euro if Anglo went bust shows just how stupid the man is.

Ryan was the one who convenced the green parlimentary party that NAMA was a good thing. He went to NTMA for a working lunch and discovered a route to staying in power.

Coming up next, J'accuse J'acquey Healy-Rae?

Ryan should be locked in a room for 24 hrs and made to watch his own party's political broadcast from 2007, before he gets his next inclination to mindlessly support something blindly...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvtUeSjzYL0"]YouTube- Green Party Party Political Broadcast (3 min version)[/ame]

It's only a few years away now before he and his FF bedfellows will have to face these same kids on the doorsteps (unless they emigrate in the meantime of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Supermanpolitician View Post
    I had some begrudging respect for Ryan up until he got into power.

Last week's statement that we would be thrown out of the euro if Anglo went bust shows just how stupid the man is.
    I disagree, I think he thinks we're all so stupid that we believe the crap they spout.

Quote Originally Posted by MsAnneThrope View Post
    Ryan should be locked in a room for 24 hrs and made to watch his own party's political broadcast from 2007, before he gets his next inclination to mindlessly support something blindly...

YouTube- Green Party Party Political Broadcast (3 min version)

It's only a few years away now before he and his FF bedfellows will have to face these same kids on the doorsteps (unless they emigrate in the meantime of course).
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Miv4NHsDo&feature=rec-LGOUT-real_rev-rn-1r-5-HM"]YouTube- George Carlin: Earth Day[/ame]

I posted this in another forum but it seems like a lovely antidote to the Green Party political tripe!

Scientists ‘staggered’ by record rise in Earth’s temperature

"... Green Party leader Eamon Ryan said the temperatures last month were “spectacular”.

He said climate change was now impacting the entire world and must be addressed.

“It’s happening now,” said Mr Ryan. “It’s not academic, it’s not in the future anymore. It’s happening now and we saw it in the series of storms over the winter. It’s going to involve everyone.”

He said politicians will now have to pay more attention to climate change..."

Eamon Ryan wrecks my head. Wtf is he talking about? How can you "address" climate change at this point in its development? It's far too late.

(In 1979, James Lovelock brought to the world what man made climate change was. Later on he expounded on its mechansisms and its drivers. He predicted how it would unfold - not through some linear progression - rather the earth's climate and temperature would manifest instability, and then evolve through 'jumps' to new stable equilibriums in the earth's systems, which all feed back into each other, and amplify effects etc... His predictions have been the ones borne out - of course his were the predictions of a first-rate mind, not the computer models of all the second and third rate minds who jumped on the climate bandwagon etc.)

Is Ryan talking about massive flood defenses or world-scale geo-engineering projects? I doubt it. Probably ridiculous wind farm developments for his cronies.

Who's Eamon Ryan? For some reason this image enters my mind when I hear the name....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment