Register to Comment
Page 3 of 605 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast
Like Tree2780Likes

Give the recent evidence of Israels use of polonium as a poison, and given that Litvinenko visited Israel in the week he became ill, perhaps the whole Litvinenko conspiracy theory needs to be reopened.

Russian-born businessman: I met poisoned ex-spy Litvinenko in Israel Israel News | Haaretz

"Russian-born businessman Leonid Nevzlin, former CEO of the Yukos oil company and current chairman of the Diaspora Museum in Tel Aviv, said Friday that he had met in Israel with former Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko, who died Thursday in London from poisoning.

During the meeting, Litvinenko allegedly passed Nevzlin documents containing classified information possibly damaging to the current leadership in Russia."

Russia links Israeli businessman to murder of ex-spy Litvinenko Israel News | Haaretz

"Russia's prosecutor-general said Wednesday that Leonid Nevzlin, Russian-born businessman currently living in Israel, could have ordered the poisoning of former Russian agent Alexander Litvinenko.

Nevzlin is the former CEO of the bankrupt Yukos Oil Company and current chairman of the Diaspora Museum in Tel Aviv."

Investigation: Were Israelis poisoned like Litvinenko? - Israel News, Ynetnews

"British investigators suspect that Litvinenko was poisoned with polonium-210 while staying at Millennium Mayfair in the center of London, on November 1.

Traces of the radioactive substance were found in some of the hotel's employees, and there is concern that guests of the hotel were also exposed to small amounts of the poison.

The investigators passed on lists of the hotel's foreign guests to a number of countries. Among the countries who received a list are the United States, France, Germany, and Israel."
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Alexander Litvinenko murder: public inquiry to be held - Telegraph

A public inquiry will be held in to the death of poisoned Russian dissident Alexander Litvinenko Theresa May, the Home Secretary, will announce on Tuesday.
    The Government U-turn means the formal investigation in to his death will be able to examine whether the Russian state was behind his murder.
    The decision is likely to infuriate Russian President Vladimir Putin at a time when relations are already tense in the wake of the Malaysia Airlines atrocity in Ukraine.
    Interesting timing.

Twitter
    @

Inquiry finally on the way:
    UK orders inquiry into death of ex-Soviet spy - Europe - Al Jazeera English

An inquiry will be held into the death of the Russian dissident Alexander Litvinenko, the Home Secretary Theresa May has announced.

Mr Litvinenko, a former KGB officer, died in 2006 in a London hospital after he was allegedly poisoned with radioactive polonium.
    The investigation will examine whether the Russian state was behind his death.
    BBC News - Alexander Litvinenko death: Home secretary announces inquiry

After making Litvinenko's (alleged) assassin an MP in response to UK accusations, it will now be interesting to see what the Kremlin's response is to the due process of another country simply running its course. We may expect serious threats from the Kremlin, who do not have do bother with little things like due process or accountability at home.

I can already detect the thunderous sound of confused hoofs making a dash for 'whataboutery' store

Thac0man, I am not that knowledgable about this case, could this result in the UK going in Interpol to issue an arrest warrent for Putin? Probably not, I would say .

Quote Originally Posted by Garza View Post
    Thac0man, I am not that knowledgable about this case, could this result in the UK going in Interpol to issue an arrest warrent for Putin? Probably not, I would say .
    Not for Putin I imagine. Possibly for Andrey Lugovoy. But it wouldn't matter much - Russia is not going to hand him over.

Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    Not for Putin I imagine. Possibly for Andrey Lugovoy. But it wouldn't matter much - Russia is not going to hand him over.
    Yeah, because he was acting on Putler's orders.

Way overdue! It looked like Cameron was seeking to bury the Litvinenko poisoning for the sake of UK-Russia relations, to the horror of Alexander's family.

The thing about Litvinenko, to me, is some of the stuff he came out with was so extreme, and also long after he probably had any real sources left (like the Beslan massacre) that a lot of it is likely untrue. He may have absolutely believed it from his experiences while Putin headed the FSB but I'd be beyond shocked to find out it was true.

Nevertheless, he was killed with radioactive polonium by someone. Clearly somebody wanted him to be shut up. There are other critics of the Russia government that have caught bullets in recent years in very suspicious circumstances.... I'm wondering why Polonium for Litvinenko? Was it supposed to be some kind of public warning to others??

Very mysterious case.

Give the recent evidence of Israels use of polonium as a poison, and given that Litvinenko visited Israel in the week he became ill, perhaps the whole Litvinenko conspiracy theory needs to be reopened.

Russian-born businessman: I met poisoned ex-spy Litvinenko in Israel Israel News | Haaretz

"Russian-born businessman Leonid Nevzlin, former CEO of the Yukos oil company and current chairman of the Diaspora Museum in Tel Aviv, said Friday that he had met in Israel with former Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko, who died Thursday in London from poisoning.

During the meeting, Litvinenko allegedly passed Nevzlin documents containing classified information possibly damaging to the current leadership in Russia."

Russia links Israeli businessman to murder of ex-spy Litvinenko Israel News | Haaretz

"Russia's prosecutor-general said Wednesday that Leonid Nevzlin, Russian-born businessman currently living in Israel, could have ordered the poisoning of former Russian agent Alexander Litvinenko.

Nevzlin is the former CEO of the bankrupt Yukos Oil Company and current chairman of the Diaspora Museum in Tel Aviv."

Investigation: Were Israelis poisoned like Litvinenko? - Israel News, Ynetnews

"British investigators suspect that Litvinenko was poisoned with polonium-210 while staying at Millennium Mayfair in the center of London, on November 1.

Traces of the radioactive substance were found in some of the hotel's employees, and there is concern that guests of the hotel were also exposed to small amounts of the poison.

The investigators passed on lists of the hotel's foreign guests to a number of countries. Among the countries who received a list are the United States, France, Germany, and Israel."
    Do you spend your entire day with a box of klenex beside you and the TV on, mastrubating violently to Russia Today?

Wouldn't an Interpol international arrest warrant mean that Lugovoy would be liable for arrest if he ever left Russia?

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment