Register to Comment
Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast
Like Tree247Likes

Beginnings of an "Iranian spring"?

Second day of protests with protestors shouting anti regime and anti corruption slogans.

For the second day in a row, thousands of Iranians have taken to the streets in cities across the country to protest against the rising cost of living and economic corruption. But what started out as demonstrations against a very specific set of grievances has quickly turned into an expression of a more general malaise. On Friday, in addition to protesting against corruption, many people shouted out anti-government and anti-regime slogans and sentiments, expressing a more widespread anger about life in the Islamic Republic.

https://iranwire.com/en/features/5057

Iran cities hit by anti-government protests - BBC News

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nment-protests

Check out @Samira_Ghaderi’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Samira_Ghaderi/s...880353285?s=09

Unconfirmed reports saying some army battalions have sided with protestors

https://twitter.com/BabakTaghvaee/st...71334788509696
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

How cool could this be. I've met many Iranian ex pats who detest the regime in power there. Fantastic people. Would love to see them get their country back. Somehow I doubt it though.

I seen that earlier on zerohedge.

There are unruly protests in Mashhad which is the second largest city in Iran.

Mashhad is both Shia and Iranian speaking. So this is not a separatist movement ( like the protests in the KSA and Bahrain ).

Masshad is also seen as being more observant of the belief system than Tehran. Christopher Hitchens once remarked that amongst the youth of Tehran there was a stronger pro-Eastern sentiment thsn in any other Middle Eastern Muslim state capital.

At some point the Mullahs will lose control. After nearly four decades of absurd slogans and absurd belief based rule - according to the reputed whims of a cult founder from 14 centuries ago - a lot of prople realise that it is a load of utter nonsense.

Copies of the God Delusion and Farsi translations of the New Testament are pirated and passed around. The very things that are deemed forbidden are in highest demand. Even if the regime stamps out the protests, the prevailing trend is towards abandoning theocracy.

After the Islamic Republic of Iran will come the Secular republic of Iran.

Also it would be positive if the Balochs on the SE were allowed to form their own state. In Pakistan the Baloch region is treated with vontrmot snd has been hoping for freedom.
    Last edited by Analyzer; 29th December 2017 at 11:10 PM.

I hope it's the beginning of something but I have my doubts. The Islamofascist regime in Tehran is a past master a creating illusions of pseudo-democracy and fake debate to prevent any real change taking place. They even have elements of the left in the West regularly making excuses for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Niall996 View Post
    How cool could this be. I've met many Iranian ex pats who detest the regime in power there. Fantastic people. Would love to see them get their country back. Somehow I doubt it though.
    An ancient and diverse people, sadly the propaganda only serves to confuse the regime with the people.

Quote Originally Posted by midlander12 View Post
    I hope it's the beginning of something but I have my doubts. The Islamofascist regime in Tehran is a past master a creating illusions of pseudo-democracy and fake debate to prevent any real change taking place. They even have elements of the left in the West regularly making excuses for them.
    Example A.

You're aware the regime is in power due to the actions of western intelligence services.

It was well on the path to an open and functioning democracy until Mossadegh had the mad idea that the oil under the ancient soil of Iran wasn't actually British but belonged to the Iranian people.

Operation Boot/Ajax.

Come back when you have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by midlander12 View Post
    Those Swedish feminists being the most absurd and idiotic.

Banning manspreading on the metro system and then staying dilent about rape at a musuc event.

It just proves that virtue signallers are more dangerous than useless.

We have been through this before. Watch it die like the last "Colour Revolution" in Iran. You wont get the Syria or the Ukraine repeated.

The Antichrist which I am approves of this tumult.

Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment