Register to Comment
Page 2 of 195 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree939Likes

Quote Originally Posted by roc_ View Post
    What do you mean? Israel has always demonstrated willingness to make concession after concession.

It was the fallout of that post Oslo and Camp David that lead to their general marked swing to the right, after those concessions resulted in a significant INCREASE in attacks, rather than the expected peace and improvements.
    What do I mean? Have you ever bargained for anything? America ain’t Santa Claus. The Israelis have been barking for this for decades. What major concession from Israel does the US get for this? Up front. BTW Uncle Sam likes to maintain the fiction that he’s an honest broker (!) in the ME.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

"Peninsular monarchs"?
    KSA, UAE etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardillaun View Post
    What do I mean? Have you ever bargained for anything? America ain’t Santa Claus. The Israelis have been barking for this for decades. What major concession from Israel does the US get for this? Up front.
    I'm sure we will find out.

I presume you're talking about concession to the Muslim world and the OIC countries BTW.

Wrt helping the Palestinian people have their own state, the Israelis have always been generous.

But the real problem that has always inhibited progress is the 57 Muslim states, and this action is bringing that fact to the fore.

Are you in Ireland corresponding at this hour of the night?

KSA, UAE etc.
    The current Saudi king is willing to tackle the powerful clerics and radical wealthy families like the bin ladens. The MB and Iran are a part of that radicalism. That has been clearly demonstrated.

The issue of Jerusalem is a centre point for every one of these radicals.

It's not hard to grasp.

Are you in Ireland corresponding at this hour of the night?
    Yes I am.

Always the implication from the usual suspects that I must be a scheming Israeli Jew when I point out some pertinent facts that matter to understand the truth of the situation.

Edit - if one of the mods on here wants to confirm where my ip address geographic region shows as, that is fine by me.

Every US president would wish for the legacy of having brought peace to the middle east.

It has to be acknowledged, Trump is going after the central issue here.
    Every doctor wants brain surgery to be successful. It has to be acknowledged, Trump is going after it with a claw hammer.

What’s America getting for this? You give something, you get something. I don’t see the transaction here politically. Which makes one very suspicious that Don has been learning from his Russian friends and is looking to line his pockets for the next campaign and beyond.
    The end of the world?

Yes I am.

Always the implication from the usual suspects that I must be a scheming Israeli Jew when I point out some pertinent facts that matter to understand the truth of the situation.

Edit - if one of the mods on here wants to confirm where my ip address geographic region shows as, that is fine by me.
    More prosaically, the implication is that it’s 4 am on a Wednesday morning in your neck of the woods. Good night.

Does this finish the brief honeymoon between Israel & Saudi ?

Page 2 of 195 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment