Register to Comment
Page 101 of 190 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1900
Like Tree925Likes
  1. #1001
    ellie08 ellie08 is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,659

    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Multi millionaire Ismail Haniya declared, from his palace in gaza, that Trumps intervention is a 'declaration of war' - and encouraged young people to 'come out and fight' in a new Intifada against Israel. The more casualties the better from his pov and the young wounded and dead will inevitably result in more aid money into his personal Swiss bank accounts coming from the usual donors in Europe and the USA.
    What a disgusting culture - every civilized person should reject it outright

    Hamas: US decision on Jerusalem is a war declaration | Palestine News | Al Jazeera
    You tar all people because of one man. Hopefully we won't all be judged on your limited intellect
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #1002
    former wesleyan former wesleyan is offline
    former wesleyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    25,646

    Quote Originally Posted by ellie08 View Post
    thousands immigrated to Palestine in the 1930's I posted a link many pages back. So just deal with the facts without the b/s anti semite nonsense. Ridiculous way to argue about historic events.
    They did and after 1939 almost all immigration was illegal; I'm not disputing that. I'm talking about British policy:-

    Restrictions and criminalisation of Jewish immigration to Palestine from 1939 on: In an attempt to mollify the Arab Palestinian population, Great Britain emitted in 1939 a “white paper” restricting Jewish immigration to Palestine to 75,000 people over five years and limiting the purchase of land by Jews.[9] The creation of an independent Arab state within 10 years was also intended. However, the policy did not really slow Jewish immigration, because it opened the door to illegal immigration at a moment when the persecution of Jews in Europe was only intensifying. Until WWII began, and even after, tens of thousands of Jewish immigrants arrived in Palestine. Despite the interception of some ships by the British, many immigrants were able to establish themselves in Palestine.

    After the war, Great Britain jailed thousands of the illegal immigrants in detention camps in Cyprus.[11] This attempt to staunch immigration failed, and Britain was reproached for it in the post-Holocaust context.


    On Bevin :

    "There is no doubt, to my mind," Mayhew confided to his diary in 1948, "that Ernest detests Jews."
    Christopher Mayhew . Labour MP.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #1003
    darkhorse darkhorse is online now
    darkhorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    19,905

    Quote Originally Posted by ellie08 View Post
    You tar all people because of one man. Hopefully we won't all be judged on your limited intellect
    Yeh the political leader of the palestinians
    Just one man eh?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #1004
    ellie08 ellie08 is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,659

    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Yeh the political leader of the palestinians
    Just one man eh?
    you quoted one man so yes. Your hatred of the Palestinians could be a bit Hitlery since you like throwing that out. You have zero empathy for the dire conditions they live in.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #1005
    darkhorse darkhorse is online now
    darkhorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    19,905

    Quote Originally Posted by ellie08 View Post
    you quoted one man so yes. Your hatred of the Palestinians could be a bit Hitlery since you like throwing that out. You have zero empathy for the dire conditions they live in.
    Do you not understand - its like Leo Varadker coming out and asking the Irish young to sign up to the IRA and fight the Brits.
    Are you seriously justifying this?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #1006
    ellie08 ellie08 is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,659

    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Do you not understand - its like Leo Varadker coming out and asking the Irish young to sign up to the IRA and fight the Brits.
    Are you seriously justifying this?
    It's nothing like the same. And no where did I justify this? I really think the Israeli question is an interesting one. it's a pity some people cannot debate without childish insults and/or antisemite accusation which are unfounded. You have to address the fact that people were removed from their homes and that immigrants were given rights over them. This can be debated without rabid anger and deflection. Some of us find it very hard to get over what has been done to the Palestinians, others come from the side that the Jews in Europe were murdered and deserved a new home in the historical setting of Palestine/Israel.

    I'm more than happy to debate robustly but it just seems to descend into insults about Nazis. And that is unfair. Because it is without foundation. It's just a throw away comment in the hope that someone will shut up. Anyways, I must to bed. G'night
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #1007
    darkhorse darkhorse is online now
    darkhorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    19,905

    Quote Originally Posted by ellie08 View Post
    It's nothing like the same. And no where did I justify this? I really think the Israeli question is an interesting one. it's a pity some people cannot debate without childish insults and/or antisemite accusation which are unfounded. You have to address the fact that people were removed from their homes and that immigrants were given rights over them. This can be debated without rabid anger and deflection. Some of us find it very hard to get over what has been done to the Palestinians, others come from the side that the Jews in Europe were murdered and deserved a new home in the historical setting of Palestine/Israel.

    I'm more than happy to debate robustly but it just seems to descend into insults about Nazis. And that is unfair. Because it is without foundation. It's just a throw away comment in the hope that someone will shut up. Anyways, I must to bed. G'night
    But darling you are the one who introduced the Nazi theme and the personal insults ...


    Quote Originally Posted by ellie08 View Post
    No I don't. But those you defend do behave like Nazis. And should you believe I sound like a Nazi, I'd like you to quote anything I've said that diminishes any Jewish person.

    Quote Originally Posted by ellie08 View Post
    I think your hatred, derision and dismissal of the Palestinians and their plight more akin to Nazism to be quite honest. I never wished that on anyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by ellie08 View Post
    You tar all people because of one man. Hopefully we won't all be judged on your limited intellect
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #1008
    PC Principle PC Principle is offline
    PC Principle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,832

    Quote Originally Posted by NAPBAR View Post
    Palestinians will declare Jerusalem their Capital within the next week or so and Embassies will pop up all over Jerusalem in retaliation for Trumps attempt to divert attention from the most likely true allegations that his Election team were colluding with the Russians.

    One way or another America is in the sh1 t. It elected a fool as its President.

    It was always a country that was going to fall flat on its face.

    Its absolute adoration of its blatantly unfair and unequal Declaration of Independence was the foundation for a Country born out of lies and deceit.
    Cool story bro, when's it out in hard back?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #1009
    Hillmanhunter1 Hillmanhunter1 is offline
    Hillmanhunter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,311

    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    You will be aware that the violence against Jews was initiated by Muslims in at least 3 separate wars when they vowed to annihilate all Jews. You can't expect Jews to just lie down and be killed. Nor can you expect Israel just to forget about it and allow them off scot-free having stopped them in their tracks. But the descendants of those Muslims who did not take up arms against Israel still live there happily.

    May I ask if Israelis are allowed enter that wonderful Islamic country you live in?
    Is it a democracy and do you have a right to vote?
    Is there a fair and balanced legal system?
    Do workers have any rights?
    Somehow I doubt if its anything like the paradise you suggest...
    I don't expect "Jews to just lie down and be killed", I expect them to ensure their security and future.

    This can be done by force of arms in the short term, but in the long term a peace with its Muslim neighbours (including the establishment of a viable Arab state, with it's capital in Jerusalem, is the only way to ensure their security and future.

    As for your other (irrelevant) questions:
    May I ask if Israelis are allowed enter that wonderful Islamic country you live in? Yes
    Is it a democracy and do you have a right to vote? No
    Is there a fair and balanced legal system? Yes
    Do workers have any rights? Yes
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #1010
    Hillmanhunter1 Hillmanhunter1 is offline
    Hillmanhunter1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,311

    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Multi millionaire Ismail Haniya declared, from his palace in gaza, that Trumps intervention is a 'declaration of war' - and encouraged young people to 'come out and fight' in a new Intifada against Israel. The more casualties the better from his pov and the young wounded and dead will inevitably result in more aid money into his personal Swiss bank accounts coming from the usual donors in Europe and the USA.
    What a disgusting culture - every civilized person should reject it outright

    Hamas: US decision on Jerusalem is a war declaration | Palestine News | Al Jazeera
    Can you post any evidence/links (apart from Israeli propaganda) that Mr Haniya is corrupt, is personally wealthy, or has Swiss bank accounts?

    In passing I note that Bibi has been questioned by anti-corruption police for the fifth time!
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...uption-inquiry
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment