Register to Comment
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Shpake View Post
    Leo Varadkar speaks for 25 minutes with Egyptian president regarding Ibrahim Halawa

On yesterday's RTE radio I heard Foreign Minister Coveney say that in total, 20,000 consular hours were devoted over the years since his arrest to the Halawi case. Besides this there were phone-calls, one lasting 25 Minutes from an Taoiseach Varadkar, numerous visits to Egypt by various big-wigs....
    which is all fine and dandy. The case even received attention at EU diplomatic level.

But I'd like to draw your attention to the Cork man Éanna Ó Cochláin, who alleges that he has been arrested on trumped up charges in the Philippines.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...tion-1.2848764

The difference in attention-time that the young Halawi recieved is striking.
    I'm a bit curious as to how things managed to get so askew, hence the somewhat provocative caption.

But then after all, When you think about it:
    a)Trump has gone all America-first.
    b)The Europeans are miffed with us staying schtumm on all that tax-money -- €13 Bn to Apple alone.
    We're miffed with the Europeans for having to pay those bondholders.
    c) The Brits want to float their own boat... no more free-trade agreement and maybe a poisonous divorce, perhaps low-level.

Could someone set me straight on this. Just who are we in bed with now? No matter how much I strain my feeble brain, I can't for the life of me understand why the Muslim Bro'hood are one of our priorities.
    First the Irish Government was criticised for not doing enough ...

... now it is criticised for doing too much ....

Enough to show that many of its critics are stupid w*nkers.

Seems we have to be resentful unless the US, the UK and the EU are being wonderful to us all the time.

Time we grew up and fought our corner. Ultimately, it is about our national interest, but often the national interest means that we make alliances to improve out position internationally. It is not rocket science.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

No matter how much I strain my feeble brain, I can't for the life of me understand why the Muslim Bro'hood are one of our priorities.
    Relax, you'll only hurt yourself.
    'Our' sole priority is for a fellow citizen, wrongfully imprisoned. It's an aspect of our democracy that is admired the world over.

Quote Originally Posted by papaquebec View Post
    There's really no need to play dumb.
    No, I'm calling you out on this one. What have the left got do do with this case and his subsequent legal action?

Quote Originally Posted by The_SR View Post
    No, I'm calling you out on this one. What have the left got do do with this case and his subsequent legal action?
    Who's "subsequent legal action"?

Who's "subsequent legal action"?
    His.

The fact you are unaware of any of this proves me right. You assumed because of the colour of his skin his case was treated differently to the two white players abroad. And that was very silly of you.

Quote Originally Posted by The_SR View Post
    His.

The fact you are unaware of any of this proves me right. You assumed because of the colour of his skin his case was treated differently to the two white players abroad. And that was very silly of you.
    Then provide a link or links to the "subsequent legal action" please.

So, it's another of your wild assertions.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Lúidín View Post
    Or they could be taking their duty as Taoiseach and Minister of Ireland seriously and insisting that one of our citizens is released from illegal incarceration in a lawless territory.
    From a guy who clearly got involved in a militant campaign to support an Islamic tyranny who are isil lite. Meanwhile we have an irish citizen in a Philippine jail who is asking his country for hel and he's being ignored by Zapone and varadkar etc. He didn't rip up his Irish passport - nor does he pose any threat to the Irish state

You should do your own research before mouthing off with your dogwhistle racism.

In short.

- convicted of attempted defilement and sexual assault of an underage girl while aged 17. Two friends get convicted of rape. He is given a suspended sentence.
    -she waives her right to anonymity
    -Bray Wanderers fire him on conviction.
    - court reporter erred and released an incorrect filing with him convicted of rape.
    - press carry this incorrect report
    -he takes legal action and successfully gets a right to forget finding of web searches of all coverage pending case
    - case delayed as various media bodies counter sue saying they are happy to clarify and it's in the four goldmines as I understand there is media protection around inaccurate court and Oireachteas reporting when the mistake is in the reporting service.
    -reports of case lifted from media websites pending court findings as they play it safe.

So nothing even slightly to do with the 'left'

Quote Originally Posted by Texal Tom View Post
    From a guy who clearly got involved in a militant campaign to support an Islamic tyranny who are isil lite. Meanwhile we have an irish citizen in a Philippine jail who is asking his country for hel and he's being ignored by Zapone and varadkar etc. He didn't rip up his Irish passport - nor does he pose any threat to the Irish state
    He isn't in jail, he is on the run.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment