Register to Comment
Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree377Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    The US knows that the NORK nuclear program is going to have to be dealt with at some stage

- but successive US Presidents have (rightly) baulked at the consequences of doing so

To do nothing invites further development of North Korea's ability to threaten South Korea, Japan and the USA

Trump knows that there is only so much Sanctions can achieve

So what can he do?

Its a certainty that the Joint Chiefs of Staff have any number of Game Plans they can put on the Presidents desk as to how to take out or seriously reduce the NORK military capacity

I would imagine though that before any military action is taken that NK would be told that any further tests will be seen as Hostile Action

- and be met accordingly...

We will see....
    Listen, you make it sound sane, sensible, well thought out, a coherent strategy.
    One small flaw
    It's not, it's absolute bollix.
    I guarantee you no one, not Mattis, Mc Master or Tillerson knew this outburst was coming, or indeed support it.

A moron who sits at home raging at the TV and internet for not praising his brilliance.
    Seething at polls that show he is despised by most Americans and laughed at around the World.
    This is just an act of petulant bullying
    "You think I'm a f*cking clown? well I'll show you"
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Twitter
    @

Two mad 10-year-old kids having a playground spat ... who knows how it will end up ...

Better get that bunker ready ... and stock upon beans.

Quote Originally Posted by cabledude View Post
    I think Trumps outburst is to apease his home audience. It will also, however, play into Kim Jung Il's hands.

Seoul is the main concern in any conflict. I don't think Trump is crazy enough to lob a nuke in there. China would retaliate. They may however launch pre-emptive strikes against command and control sites, weapons ans missile sites, government buildings, bridges, rail lines, airports etc. But they would need Chinese agreement before they do so, which I don't think China would give.

ANY attack on NK would immediately put Seoul in grave danger from Nuclear and Conventional retaliation by NK. A US pre-emptive strike would play into the Kim regimes hand; I told you this would happen would be the state TV narrative.

Trump is damned if he makes a move. And he may be damned if he sits idly by as NK manages to get a Nuke onto an ICBM.
    The timing is interesting. China is in dispute with India and Bhutan and threatening military engagement. It will desperately want to avert possible simulataneous conflicts on its southeastern and northwestern flanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Walsh View Post
    Listen, you make it sound sane, sensible, well thought out, a coherent strategy.
    One small flaw
    It's not, it's absolute bollix.
    I guarantee you no one, not Mattis, Mc Master or Tillerson knew about this outburst, or indeed support it.

A moron who sits at home raging at the TV and internet for not praising his brilliance.
    Seething at polls that show he is despised by most Americans and laughed at around teh World.
    This is just an act of petulant bullying
    "You think I'm a f*cking clown? well I'll show you"
    So what should the US do by way of a response to the developing nuclear threat?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyFoley View Post
    China would retaliate? Why?

I'd say they'd be delighted to see the back of fatty.
    So long as mainline US ground forces stay south of the DMZ they might just live with it

- esp if as a Quid Pro Quo they re allowed to send in their own Army in a 'police action' to restore order...

Like Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan

They also went to the aid of South Korea when it was invaded by the North in 1950

Obviously if NK invades the South or launches an unprovoked attack that is a different story, but as long as they sit tight, nothing will happen to them.
    The history of Korea is not as simple as you think. The US carpet bombed the North in the war. The death toll of civilians, women, children was never measured, but it is seared into the psyche of the NK's.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    The timing is interesting. China is in dispute with India and Bhutan and threatening military engagement. It will desperately want to avert possible simulataneous conflicts on its southeastern and northwestern flanks.
    that's a micro dispute compared to Korea

- and so long as there is no immediate serious loss of face re India

- they can afford to wait....

Quote Originally Posted by ffc View Post
    Obviously if NK invades the South or launches an unprovoked attack that is a different story, but as long as they sit tight, nothing will happen to them.
    The history of Korea is not as simple as you think. The US carpet bombed the North in the war. The death toll of civilians, women, children was never measured, but it is seared into the psyche of the NK's.
    I'm trying to explain why its all not so simple!

The American ruling class along with the ruling classes of all the western countries are under threat from their own populations, an existential threat. This class have access to nuclear weapons, not you and me, this class. This class will use war to divert their populations from rising up against austerity, they will therefore use nuclear weapons.

This is sufficient of a realistic threat that sitting on your hole doing nothing looking at a computer screen thinking 'I'm too powerless to do anything' is insanity. They are engaging in behaviour that directly threatens to get us all killed.

I'm trying to explain why its all not so simple!
    Don't forget you're on P.ie.

Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment