Register to Comment
Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree377Likes

Trump won't do anything to North Korea.
    Unless the Yanks can convince the NK's to disarm and dismantle their weapons programme they are safe.
    America only attacks countries which have been disarmed and cannot fight back.
    They are happy to fire their million dollar missiles at poor people driving through the desert in pick up trucks, but they won't touch anyone who might be able to defend themselves.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by LDF View Post
    China wants to be a world power. I don't think they can continue to hedge their bets and hope the US won't take military action. They might be coming around to the idea that Trump is crazy enough to do something.
    I think Trump will do something.

And all the Trumpbots said it would be HRC that would cause the war where the rest of the right thinking population realised that Trump with his hands on the nuclear launch codes would not be a good thing.

The US knows that the NORK nuclear program is going to have to be dealt with at some stage

- but successive US Presidents have (rightly) baulked at the consequences of doing so

To do nothing invites further development of North Korea's ability to threaten South Korea, Japan and the USA

Trump knows that there is only so much Sanctions can achieve

So what can he do?

Its a certainty that the Joint Chiefs of Staff have any number of Game Plans they can put on the Presidents desk as to how to take out or seriously reduce the NORK military capacity

I would imagine though that before any military action is taken that NK would be told that any further tests will be seen as Hostile Action

- and be met accordingly...

We will see....

I think Trumps outburst is to apease his home audience. It will also, however, play into Kim Jung Il's hands.

Seoul is the main concern in any conflict. I don't think Trump is crazy enough to lob a nuke in there. China would retaliate. They may however launch pre-emptive strikes against command and control sites, weapons ans missile sites, government buildings, bridges, rail lines, airports etc. But they would need Chinese agreement before they do so, which I don't think China would give.

ANY attack on NK would immediately put Seoul in grave danger from Nuclear and Conventional retaliation by NK. A US pre-emptive strike would play into the Kim regimes hand; I told you this would happen would be the state TV narrative.

Trump is damned if he makes a move. And he may be damned if he sits idly by as NK manages to get a Nuke onto an ICBM.

Quote Originally Posted by ffc View Post
    Trump won't do anything to North Korea.
    Unless the Yanks can convince the NK's to disarm and dismantle their weapons programme they are safe.
    America only attacks countries which have been disarmed and cannot fight back.
    They are happy to fire their million dollar missiles at poor people driving through the desert in pick up trucks, but they won't touch anyone who might be able to defend themselves.
    Like Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan

They also went to the aid of South Korea when it was invaded by the North in 1950

Five million died in the last Korean War. I think many multiples of that will die if this kicks off. Hopefully common sense will prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by President Bartlet View Post
    And all the Trumpbots said it would be HRC that would cause the war where the rest of the right thinking population realised that Trump with his hands on the nuclear launch codes would not be a good thing.
    Yeah, but that's the problem, isn't it? The longer the US waits to act, the more likely it is that nukes will be used.

Quote Originally Posted by cabledude View Post
    I think Trumps outburst is to apease his home audience. It will also, however, play into Kim Jung Il's hands.

Seoul is the main concern in any conflict. I don't think Trump is crazy enough to lob a nuke in there. China would retaliate. They may however launch pre-emptive strikes against command and control sites, weapons ans missile sites, government buildings, bridges, rail lines, airports etc. But they would need Chinese agreement before they do so, which I don't think China would give.

ANY attack on NK would immediately put Seoul in grave danger from Nuclear and Conventional retaliation by NK. A US pre-emptive strike would play into the Kim regimes hand; I told you this would happen would be the state TV narrative.

Trump is damned if he makes a move. And he may be damned if he sits idly by as NK manages to get a Nuke onto an ICBM.
    China would retaliate? Why?

I'd say they'd be delighted to see the back of fatty.

Quote Originally Posted by cabledude View Post

The South Korean Army is more than a match against the North

Fact is though the DMZ is now such a formidable barrier that either side would have great difficulty in crossing it in strength

If War comes it will be Missile, Air, Naval, Artillery and SF that will inflict most of the damage

There is no easy solution here though

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment