Register to Comment
Page 2 of 215 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Like Tree632Likes

Are they made from muslin?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

The German Defense minister went to Saudi and left her head scarves at home.
    Angela Merkel's defence minister refuses to wear Muslim dress in Saudi Arabia | The Independent

When in Rome. You don't go to people's house and then disrespect them. It's nice to see that the Swedes are at least aware of the concept, there's still some hopes they'll start applying it in their own country at some point.

For all the political posturing, when the sh1t got real enough the borders did get closed for the un-ID'd people at Oresund and the residences are given as temporary nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    The German Defense minister went to Saudi and left her head scarves at home.
    Angela Merkel's defence minister refuses to wear Muslim dress in Saudi Arabia | The Independent
    And shook hands with men!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    What is the problem here? My nanny and I happily wore them we visted Iran. I wore my Poppy one and I made an Easter Lilly one for her. Would you have preferred if they were rude and refused to wear one?
    If I was Swedish, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lempo View Post
    When in Rome. You don't go to people's house and then disrespect them. It's nice to see that the Swedes are at least aware of the concept, there's still some hopes they'll start applying it in their own country at some point.

For all the political posturing, when the sh1t got real enough the borders did get closed for the un-ID'd people at Oresund and the residences are given as temporary nowadays.
    Apparently, asking Muslims to follow western liberal custom when in the west is "Islamophobic".

Quote Originally Posted by Henry94. View Post
    You don't call yourself a feminist do you?
    No I consider myself a Pro-Feminine Complimentarian, and there is some over lap between that position and Feminism.

I just asked our nanny who happily worse a hijab in Iran if she considers herself a Feminist and she has answered "I guess".

Anyway I don't see how espousing Feminism excuses from the basic rules of politeness.

Quote Originally Posted by greengoose2 View Post
    And shook hands with men!
    What is the world coming to!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    No I consider myself a Pro-Feminine Complimentarian, and there is some over lap between that position and Feminism.

I just asked our nanny who happily worse a hijab in Iran if she considers herself a Feminist and she has answered "I guess".

Anyway I don't see how espousing Feminism excuses from the basic rules of politeness.
    It continually amazes me how feminists complete the mental gymnastics that allow them to submit to those things that would otherwise send them into fits of rage.

"Men don't tell me how to dress! I will go naked in public to assert my equality!" becomes "just following custom norms by covering myself head to toe."

There's no way that there isn't something pathological about this hypocritical, subservient, behaviour.

Dealing with the west:

Dealing with Islam:

Before she was allowed to deliver a message that "we're all the same," Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne was forced to sit in the back corner of a Mosque all by herself while the Muslim men prayed.

And I wouldn't mind, but it doesn't stop at funny pictures. The same dynamic applies to protection of women in a real sense...women who're even looked at wrongly by western men, protect! Women who are raped/mutilated/killed by men from other cultures....lalalala *fingers in ears*

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment