Register to Comment
Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

British bombs are best

So the famous British cluster bombs are responsible for another mass murder. This follows the mass murder by the Yanks against the Syrian army and another against civilians of recent days.

Of course the western media ensure that this news is either quietly forgotten if it is even mentioned at all, while 'Russian massacres', like the UN convoy attack, are given front billing, discussed at press conferences by the 'concerned' US admin and splashed across the western gutter press.

In all of this mass murder the people responsible for making the bombs in England and the arms manufacturers pay absolutely no price, nor does it seem are governments or law agencies interested in arresting them for their horrendous crimes.

I'm just wondering what people think should happen to combat the scourge of bomb making and weapons producing which bring already poverty stricken countries such added misery?

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/0...154310281.html
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

I was reading there the other day that the British have gone up in the weapons exporters rankings.

It's hard to imagine the real life heartache behind pictures such as the above, the people appear stoic and so we tend to think it's not that bad - but they only appear stoic because they are stronger than Western people and more used to hard times. Nobody deserves this.

but, but, but think of all the jobs making these weapons creates... a few dead people far away.....who cares?

The UK signed the Dublin Convention - they don't make or sell these munitions.

Why aren't all the anti war protesters in the UK camped outside the offices of factories that make these bombs? The irony of blowing up towns and villages and then having an issue with refugees trying to flee these death zones.

In what way were British 'cluster-bombs' involved in this story?

Quote Originally Posted by ionsniffer View Post
    but, but, but think of all the jobs making these weapons creates... a few dead people far away.....who cares?
    About 25 years ago I had opportunity to go inside a building in the UK, the company of which was a cluster munitions manufacturer. From the outside it looked like a leafy business park estate, almost rural setting, and fairly well hidden by trees etc. You woudn't know what you were looking at. Boy was the mood inside something different. Most of the staff seemed quite depressed, there was a glumness about the place and everyone talked in hushed tones.

Being younger at the time I didn't think about it much, it was a one-off visit, but looking back I think many of them were in a way ashamed of what they were involved in. Probably lured by decent wages, then locked in with mortgages etc, and trying to mentally avoid thinking about it too much. Not something i'd be too proud of if i'd worked there.

The IRA thought Gaddafi's bombs were best....

Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post
    The UK signed the Dublin Convention - they don't make or sell these munitions.
    Signed in 2008, but many were sold beforehand and still held by a number of Arab states.

Seems like selective outrage...

British bombs aren't particularly bad.

The Russian (and French and US) weapons industry is huge too.

You either reject large-scale weapons manufacturing on principle... or you are part of the problem.

To my mind, weapons manufacturers are the dregs of humanity, whether they be Russian, British or from anywhere else on the face of the planet. Their entire lives are based around conspiracy to murder.

The Russian, French and British establishments happen to be repeat offenders. They are rogue states and have been inflicting their war-mongering poison on the world for centuries, but it is wrong wherever it originates.

No exclusions based on nationality or ideology or race or religion.

No excuses.

F*ck them all.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment