Register to Comment
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The UN has been corrupted by Arab oil money. Regularly Arab envoys speak on behalf of African countries and they put pressure on other oil dependent countries to vote the way they are told to vote. Maybe it's time that the US and the West dismantled this outdated and morally bankrupt organization
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

The UN promises much but delivers little. At the end of the day it's a glorified talking shop that tries to give a thin veneer of credibility to tin pot dictators like Mugabe.

Re: Canada pulls out of UN racism conference

Quote Originally Posted by L'Chaim
    Well done Canada. Hopefully they are the first of many countries to stay away from this UN chatterbox fest.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 03,00.html

I posted earlier that the Left, when it comes to Israel, adopt just the sort of racist behaviour they are meant to oppose. The same could be said about the UN.

But well done to Canada. The UN needs to realise that anti-racist racism is as big a problem as racism and the UN would seem to be awash with it. I'd imagine the US are tired paying most of the bills for this bankrupt organization. The UN might have served a purpose at one time, but not any more.
    Yeah, it's 'racist' to talk about Israel's vicious, unrelenting oppression of the Palestinians. It's anti-semitic to suggest that Israel might abide by international law. You shouldn't even talk about it because you're supporting suicide bombers, so shut up and let the Israelis get on with behaving like animals. You're a wise old bird, L'Chaim.

So what muppet are you Mr. Sock?

I suspect you're big bird. Tall and rather yellow with a squeaky voice.

I can't say I'm crazy about the anti-UN vibe on this thread. In this day and age we need a global organisation to monitor world events. I acknowledge that it is far from perfect but what large organisation is? Can ye suggest an alternative?

The UN needs reform rather than replacement, it has shown itself to be ineffective over the years in many conflicts. It has also allowed itself to be simulataneously hijacked by vested interests when it comes to passing resolutions but at the same time ineffective when it comes to real troublespots like the former Yugoslavia or currently, Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitsears
    So what muppet are you Mr. Sock?

I suspect you're big bird. Tall and rather yellow with a squeaky voice.
    Well, I don't know what you're talking about, so I guess that makes you the Swedish Chef. But with a fondness for collective punishment.

So why do you register today and use your first post to attack L'Chaim? That's why I accuse you of being a sock.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitsears
    The UN needs reform rather than replacement, it has shown itself to be ineffective over the years in many conflicts. It has also allowed itself to be simulataneously hijacked by vested interests when it comes to passing resolutions but at the same time ineffective when it comes to real troublespots like the former Yugoslavia or currently, Iraq.
    What do you expect the UN to do about Iraq? They opposed the war every step of the way. The US bullies and lies its way into an unnecessary war and somehow the UN are supposed to clear the mess up?

So why do you register today and use your first post to attack L'Chaim? That's why I accuse you of being a sock.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment