Register to Comment
Page 7 of 83 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 57 ... LastLast
Like Tree491Likes

You would pull the quilt up around your neck in bed after watching a Dracula movie. To stop him biting.
    A neck brace. Made of metal. This might suffice to keep your head attached to its body.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by dammit_im_mad View Post
    Leave the americans to clean up their own mess
    I see the author of your piece is one Garikai Chengu Zimbabwe: A New Economic Model For Africa By Garikai Chengu

By Garikai Chengu

01 August, 2013
    Countercurrents.org

A bloodless revolution is silently taking place in Zimbabwe. President Mugabe’s Indigenisation of the land and the economy will set a precedent for the creation of a forerunning, economic model for Africa. Consequently, a victory for Robert Mugabe in Zimbabwe’s election is a resounding victory for the future of the African continent.
    LOL!

No let's stay neutral. We're a small country on the fringe of Europe with little power and have an army which is solely about peace keeping, what's the point in joining the war effort against IS? Let the bigger countries do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    Irish 'neutrality' was declared at a time when conflict was primarily a feature between states.
    Professor Mary Kaldor in 'New Wars', points out that a new kind of conflict has emerged in the latter half of the 20th century and early millennium...conflicts between states and non state actors.

This can be perfectly summed up with the current international effort to rout the Islamic State which has seen the US, UK, Australia, the Netherlands, Belgium and many more including Arabic states take part in the effort to prevent ISIS from gaining strength and continuing its Jihad against the West.

Once again, Ireland finds herself stuck to an ancient policy of neutrality which was declared at a time when conflict had a different meaning. The recent Green Paper for Defence posed the question on whether Ireland should rethink that policy in a time of changing circumstances in contemporary conflict.

Now obviously, we are unfortunately for the time being, stuck to the triple lock policy which must see a UN sanctioned mission before we could in theory take part in the international effort. With these bombings against ISIS taking place without the permission of Assad in Syria, Moscow's Ally, it will probably be unlikely that the UN will sanction anything due to Russia's veto.

But should a UN mission get mandated, or better yet, the white paper on defence, due soon, abandons the triple lock policy...should Ireland join in the International Effort to Rout ISIS?

Our capabilities would be limited but making a stand against this threat to our way of life would be seen as a positive which for so long, Ireland stayed in the shadows of international morality against evil regimes and movements.
    Yes, Ireland should get involved in the fight against ISIS.

People need to realise that we are in a fight with ISIS anyway. ISIS has ordered its fighters to attack every European country. That includes Ireland no matter how much people want to deny it.

Those of you who believe the various conspiracies on the internet regarding the creation of ISIS need to read this. You Can't Understand ISIS If You Don't Know the History of Wahhabism in Saudi Arabia | Alastair Crooke
    ISIS was created in Saudi Arabia. The whole ethos of that group originated in Saudi Arabia and has been taught in Wahabbi mosques all over the world for the last few decades due to Saudi funding which we pay for by buying oil from the Saudi's.

Returning ISIS fighters need to be arrested and put on trials for the horrific crimes they have committed. Every single crime they have committed.

I think China, NATO, Israel, Iran, Russia and anyone else with a military, should be given free reign at ISIS. The slaughter needs to be stopped. After ISIS is destroyed I would support a full on attack against Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait for unleashing this evil on the world.

Here is a link to a brave woman who died fighting against ISIS and refused to surrender to them. Surrender means a fate such as execution, rape, slavery etc. I wonder if anyone here would be brave enough to stand there ground in the manner she has and defned their community. I have a feeling the keyboard warrior in most of you would soon dissolve in the face of the genocidal ISIS combat units.
    https://www.facebook.com/stevennabil...59016264236911

Also I see some are out protesting against fighting ISIS. ISIS is an extermination unit that is slowly destroying every minority that Wahabbi nutcases do not approve off. That includes Chaldeans, Yazidi, catholics, Syro-orthodox, etc, who ISIS are systematicallyb exterminating. Those protesting against attacking ISIS are making a statement that they actively support the extermination of Yazidi, Druze, Chaldenas, Catholics, Syro-orthodox, Shia, etc at the hands of ISIS. Those protestors are clearly closet nazi's who support extermination of entire groups and should be seen as a threat to all of us. The fact that ISIS is exterminating catholics in Syria and Iraq, should tell us in Ireland that not only are ISIS a direct threat to us in Ireland, but so are their supporters in Ireland who oppose any military action against them.

Here is what I posted on facebook a few months ago about this situation and seemingly really annoyed quite a few people.

Facebook is asking every day to state, what is on my mind. I don't post on my wall very often.

However. I watched this appeal by a Yizadi politician to save her people which is being ignored by everyone in the West.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5uk...=youtube_gdata

What's on my mind the recently is the Middle East where there is mass slaughter taking place against Muslims, Christians and other minority groups in Syria and Iraq, by an organisation called ISIS. The people being slaughtered by ISIS are Syrian, Iraqi, Yazidi, Druze, Shia, Sunni who are not considered devout enough, Syro-Catholics, Turkmens, Syro-Orthodox, Assyrians from the East, Catholic, Chaldeans, Orthodox Armenians, Shabaks, Mandaeans and a lot of other minorities.

ISIS have beheaded children and are put their heads on spikes in Mosul. They are also crucifying people, hanging them, raping people and torturing with impunity. Young girls are being forced to marry ISIS fighters.

At the hands of ISIS in Syria and Iraq, 200,000 are dead and rising, 4,500,000 internally displaced, 3,000,000 refugee's and 130,000 missing. No one in the west is protesting about the actions of the ISIS beheading squads in Syria-Iraq who are executing Druze, Christians, Shia's Muslims, etc.

Iraq has at least 21,000 dead and rising in the present conflict at the hands of the lunatics in ISIS who seem to be shooting prisoners, stoning women and beheading non-believers with impunity.

Basically ISIS is a genocidal criminal enterprise in the same mold as the original NASDAP or as they are more commonly known today Nazi's in the 1930's and 1940's. ISIS are intent on exterminating anyone who is not of there extremist brand off religion. ISIS are Middle Eastern Nazi's and are really a modern day Einsatzgruppen (Military Death Squad).

The entire Middle East and North Africa is a complete and utter disaster zone, with people being killed in Algeria, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Chad, Sudan, Somalia, Iraq, Gaza, West Bank and Yemen. Makes me wonder why people and the media very rarely mention what I can only describe as genocide in Syria and Iraq.

I have noticed that our activists, political leaders and religious leaders who normally are deafening everyone at the slightest thing in other areas, are now deafening everyone with there silence on this issue. I wonder if they secretly support what is happening or just find it convenient to ignore.

The convert or die message that is people pushed by ISIS is brutal, beyond belief.

ISIS destroys anything from antiquity related to the ancient Egypt, Hittities, Hellenes or other ancient civilisations. ISIS destroy anything from before Mohammad, which means they intend to erase history of everywhere they control.

I personally think what is happening in Syria and Iraq is just plain wrong, no matter how anyone looks at the situation. I believe ISIS needs to be stopped by use of military force and would support military action by any nation or nations, to destroy ISIS.

LiveLeak.com - ISIS beheading children?

Iraqi Christians are raped, murdered and driven from their homes – and the West is silent – Telegraph Blogs

'They would not convert and it cost them their life'. Family of eight Iraqi Christians shot in the face | Christian News on Christian Today

LiveLeak.com - ISIS Execute Soldiers HD (+18 GRAPHIC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDe5...has_verified=1

(VERY RARE FOOTAGE) Muslims Create A Literal River Of Human Blood By Butchering 1500 Innocent People - Walid Shoebat

ISIS: Why it must be stopped (Opinion) - CNN.com

LiveLeak.com - ISIS executes rebels in Deyr al Zor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5uk...=youtube_gdata

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy horse 6 View Post
    No no and no. It's none of our business.
    would you say that if one started to remove your head with a knife. As they do.
    Just asking.
    swk

Quote Originally Posted by Dubstudent View Post
    Yes, and those who consider that are completely off their rocker. The FSA isn't even a united army, it's several factions fighting under that banner.

I laugh each and every time the Americans and British refer to ''moderate'' fighters. The facts are the majority of FSA fighters aren't moderate and the most moderate ideology within this conflict is that of the Syrian State.

We were told about the moderate rebels in Libya, what happened to that? Look at Libya now, look at the war crimes (alleged by UN) that were carried out by the Libyan ''rebels''.

Ireland should stay out of this bloodbath because the Americans and Europeans are yet again backing the wrong horse.

Moderate? Me arse.
    Is anyone going to respond to the fact that an FSA victory in this civil war would be a defeat for moderate ideology and secularism in Syria?

Or is it just too convenient to ignore it?

Wake up ffs...The Americans and Europeans are backing so called ''moderate'' rebels, yet we're given nothing to prove their supposed moderate credentials. Apart from the FSA crimes, the fact they disagreed with Al Nusra being categorised as a ''Foreign Terrorist Organisation'' speaks volumes.

Also, look at the last western folly in Libya. Libya is far worse off now than it was before the collapse of the Libyan State, and I can list several points as to why that's the case if required?

This "triple lock" nonsense just shows what a pathetic country Ireland is. We cannot engage in any just conflict that affects our values and way of life if the Russians or Chinese decide otherwise. We're no more than an international joke, I know our "armed forces" would be hard pressed to repel a ship load of Millwall supporters but we could at least make the effort.

Its actually interesting to see what we could buy with our military budget.
    Some of the lower grade Russian and Italian fighters/bombers are actually fairly cheap as far as military aircraft go.The A10 warthofgis fairly cheap too. Ive seen clips of that being used in Afghanistan it seems up for the job

Welcome to Aircraft Compare

I mean at the moment the planes we have look like they came straight from the battle of britain

I think Ireland shuold openly support the Shia, Sunni and Christians who face down the ISIS barbarity...

Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    Irish 'neutrality' was declared at a time when conflict was primarily a feature between states.
    Professor Mary Kaldor in 'New Wars', points out that a new kind of conflict has emerged in the latter half of the 20th century and early millennium...conflicts between states and non state actors.

This can be perfectly summed up with the current international effort to rout the Islamic State which has seen the US, UK, Australia, the Netherlands, Belgium and many more including Arabic states take part in the effort to prevent ISIS from gaining strength and continuing its Jihad against the West.

Once again, Ireland finds herself stuck to an ancient policy of neutrality which was declared at a time when conflict had a different meaning. The recent Green Paper for Defence posed the question on whether Ireland should rethink that policy in a time of changing circumstances in contemporary conflict.

Now obviously, we are unfortunately for the time being, stuck to the triple lock policy which must see a UN sanctioned mission before we could in theory take part in the international effort. With these bombings against ISIS taking place without the permission of Assad in Syria, Moscow's Ally, it will probably be unlikely that the UN will sanction anything due to Russia's veto.

But should a UN mission get mandated, or better yet, the white paper on defence, due soon, abandons the triple lock policy...should Ireland join in the International Effort to Rout ISIS?

Our capabilities would be limited but making a stand against this threat to our way of life would be seen as a positive which for so long, Ireland stayed in the shadows of international morality against evil regimes and movements.

Do you realise that the effort to rout ISIS is likely to turn into a war for "regime change" in Syria?

Page 7 of 83 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 57 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment