Register to Comment
Page 482 of 607 FirstFirst ... 382432472480481482483484492532582 ... LastLast
Results 4,811 to 4,820 of 6069
Like Tree2870Likes

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    Oh the tears of joy are rolling down my face for Putin's election win - NOT
    Do you have any knowledge of the degree of corruption in Russia - why dont you just go there if you love it so much
    Please do - and if its that good then we wont have to worry about you coming back

Thousands rally behind Putin foe to challenge 'rigged' Moscow vote | Reuters
    Alexey Navalny, the wests new golden boy?
    Maybe you should try not changing the subject from the endemic corruption administered by the Putin regime in Russia today
    Putin certainly has some popularity, but he wouldnt win a free and fair election in Russia - even without press freedom
    The link you posted is about Navalny, you are the one who posted it and brought up Navalny now you are saying that I am changing the subject. I think you are confused.

As for election fraud, there was certainly wide spread election fraud in the last presidential election however most serious Russian commentators would say that Putin is by far the most popular politician in the country. You are just parroting western propaganda about Russia, you obviously know very little about Russian politics.

You say Putin wouldn't win a free and fair election in Russia and you seem convinced about this, if that is the case who do you think would beat him in a presidential race?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by pinemartin View Post
    The link you posted is about Navalny, you are the one who posted it and brought up Navalny now you are saying that I am changing the subject. I think you are confused.

As for election fraud, there was certainly wide spread election fraud in the last presidential election however most serious Russian commentators would say that Putin is by far the most popular politician in the country. You are just parroting western propaganda about Russia, you obviously know very little about Russian politics.

You say Putin wouldn't win a free and fair election in Russia and you seem convinced about this, if that is the case who do you think would beat him in a presidential race?
    With a free press and the FSB, judiciary and policing brought under the rule of law, its anyones guess what the outcome would be.
    With the corruption and election fraud of the regime exposed, Putin could well end up behind bars for a very long time

With a free press and the FSB, judiciary and policing brought under the rule of law, its anyones guess what the outcome would be.
    With the corruption and election fraud of the regime exposed, Putin could well end up behind bars for a very long time
    There is no opposition to Putin in Russian, he would beat any other candidate out the gate in an election. Your failure to name one candidate who would have a chance against Putin show that there is no credible opposition, many in the west may not like to hear that Putin is a popular leader but the truth sometimes hurts..

Quote Originally Posted by Truth.ie View Post
    Names.
    Give us the name of the Syrian who you believe is popular enough in Syria to win against Assad.
    Just one name.
    It's kind of difficult to engage as a political figure with the electorate when the powers that be tend to eliminate all viable opposition.
    That's kind of what happens under dictatorships....

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gebra View Post
    It's kind of difficult to engage as a political figure with the electorate when the powers that be tend to eliminate all viable opposition.
    That's kind of what happens under dictatorships....
    There are 22 registered opposition parties in Syria.
    The Syrian Govt had the leader of the FSA in custody in 2011 and released him after a few months in an act of goodwill..
    A terrorist leader released during a conflict..
    How draconian is that?
    In Britain or Ireland he'd be doing a 20 years stretch.

The Syrian Govt had the leader of the FSA in custody in 2011 and released him after a few months in an act of goodwill..
    A terrorist leader released during a conflict..
    How draconian is that?
    In Britain or Ireland he'd be doing a 20 years stretch.
    Syria has a long track record of quashing any political opposition.
    As I've said on many threads on the subject I'm not cheer leading the opposition or us/western intervention but I'm not so dumb as to think that Syria under the Assads is some kind if beacon for democracy.
    It is a dictatorship.

Until the rebellion only one party was legally allowed to hold power (guess which one) - regardless of any election results? Once again only half the truth and all the lies from Truth.ie

As I've said on many threads on the subject I'm not cheer leading the opposition or us/western intervention but I'm not so dumb as to think that Syria under the Assads is some kind if beacon for democracy.
    It is a dictatorship.
    Any examples?
    It's tough on extremism and radical Islamists but who wouldn't be.
    Apart from that, it's about as good as you'll get in the region.
    More reforms, a new Bill of Rights, new Constitution, and a Referendum were all offered to the Opposition in December but they rejected the offer.
    You have to remember that Salafists see democracy as UnIslamic and polytheism.
    Democracy entails that the people are the source of Authority.
    Islam extremists believe Allah is the source of Authority.

This struggle between the 2 ideals in Syria has been ongoing since the mid 70's, when Assad was a kid.
    Car bombs and massacres are reported as far back as 1976 in Syria.
    It's obvious when faced with such dogmatic internal foes that there will be a tough security regime in place to protect the citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOfReason View Post
    Until the rebellion only one party was legally allowed to hold power (guess which one) - regardless of any election results? Once again only half the truth and all the lies from Truth.ie
    This was dropped in the 2012 Constitution which was endorsed by the majority of Syrians.
    Article 8 was dropped, and the new article states, "The political system is based on the principle of pluralism and rule is only obtained and exercised democratically through voting"

So as of 2012, the Syrian Govt believes in majority rule, whilst the Opposition and it's Western backers believe in rule through the barrel of a gun.
    Their Western designated President received 55 votes in a secret ballot in Turkey. But according to the US/UK he's the legitimate President of 26 million people.

It is a dictatorship.
    It's a family business as opposed to a simple dictatorship. Like the Royals but with all sense of duty and civilisation and simple decency surgically removed.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment