Register to Comment
Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Partizan View Post
    Are you seriously trying to tell me that democratic reform would have a greater chance of happening under the Saudi backed Salafist rebels of Al Nusra, Farouk Brigade and the woefully divided opposition who cant even agree to sit at the same table as each other?

Right, this is the Turkey thread. Lets take the Syrian stuff to the Syrian thread.
    Whose trolling now? You are determined to work the word Salafist into every post even though they represent a small minority of the FSA and have no sway on the FSA leadership council. In fact the regular FSA despise them as much as they do Assad but what can they do if they are fighting Assad.

So keep it up and I'll be taking you for another windup merchant and you know what I do with those.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Andy4571 View Post
    Your post I replied to was about Syria!!. Pwned your ass again so run off back to Syria thread!!
    This the Turkey thread as I have already pointed this out to you.. I will not engage in a personal slagging match with you as this is your objective, i.e. derail the thread by going off topic and engaging in personal insults. You are a troll and you engaging in blatant trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Partizan View Post
    This the Turkey thread as I have already pointed this out to you.. I will not engage in a personal slagging match with you as this is your objective, i.e. derail the thread by going off topic and engaging in personal insults. You are a troll and you engaging in blatant trolling.
    I've had that little pissant on ignore for months. He really isn't worth bothering with.

Is this protest receding, or taking a breath for more?

Erdogan Doesnt like social media either. Huh. Try to stop that.

BBC News - Turkey protesters return to Ankara and Istanbul streets

It is being reported now that Anonymous have taken down Turkish Municipal government websites.

Turkish police clamp down on anti-government protests: LIVE UPDATES ? RT News

19:38 GMT: Decrying the reaction of Turkish authorities to the ongoing protests as those of a “petty dictator,” Anonymous vows to kick off a worldwide action which will “bring the Turkish government to its knees.” With #opTurkey, the hacktivist collective plans to “attack every Internet and communications asset of the Turkish government.”
    Last edited by Ulster-Lad; 2nd June 2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: add quote

"There is now a menace which is called Twitter," Erdogan said. "The best examples of lies can be found there. To me, social media is the worst menace to society."

well he would say that, what with Turkish media not really reporting the protests, and many Turks turning to social media outlets for information on the unrest. So much for a free press in Turkey. Mind you with the hundreds of journalists in prison the remaining ones aren't going to be so brave to upset him.

Erdogan has lost the plot though. Today he appeared on television for the fourth time in less than 36 hours, and justified the restrictions on alcohol as for the good of people's health. "I want them to know that I want these (restrictions) for the sake of their health. Whoever drinks alcohol is an alcoholic," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Chaim View Post
    "There is now a menace which is called Twitter," Erdogan said. "The best examples of lies can be found there. To me, social media is the worst menace to society."

well he would say that, what with Turkish media not really reporting the protests, and many Turks turning to social media outlets for information on the unrest. So much for a free press in Turkey. Mind you with the hundreds of journalists in prison the remaining ones aren't going to be so brave to upset him.

Erdogan has lost the plot though. Today he appeared on television for the fourth time in less than 36 hours, and justified the restrictions on alcohol as for the good of people's health. "I want them to know that I want these (restrictions) for the sake of their health. Whoever drinks alcohol is an alcoholic," he said.

Erdogan the islamist just can't help himself. He is in a great big hole but he will be damned if he is going to stop digging. He was interviewed recently on CNN where the issue of interned journalists was put to him, specifically the incarceration of a named journalist.
    "But he insulted me", fumed Erdogan. That's all it takes it would seem.

Revolution in democratic Turkey, where free and fair elections are the norm: Good

Revolution in autocratic, despotic Syria, where one man wields absolute power and the people live in fear of torture and death: Bad

Some lunatics on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren84 View Post
    Revolution in democratic Turkey, where free and fair elections are the norm: Good

Revolution in autocratic, despotic Syria, where one man wields absolute power and the people live in fear of torture and death: Bad

Some lunatics on this site.
    You don't seem to understand that there are two Turkeys, the secular and the islamic as represented by the AKP, a party that won
    49% of the vote at the last GE but ended up with a 50 seat majority. In Turkey a political party must attain 10% of the vote before gaining any seats at all. Is that your idea of democracy and a free and fair election ?

I am surprised that "smiler" Gul has yet to be wheeled out. He is a far more charismatic figure than Erdogan (not hard I admit). He also speaks good english and could deal with the international media.

Quote Originally Posted by Trampas View Post
    You don't seem to understand that there are two Turkeys, the secular and the islamic as represented by the AKP, a party that won
    49% of the vote at the last GE but ended up with a 50 seat majority. In Turkey a political party must attain 10% of the vote before gaining any seats at all. Is that your idea of democracy and a free and fair election ?

I am surprised that "smiler" Gul has yet to be wheeled out. He is a far more charismatic figure than Erdogan (not hard I admit). He also speaks good english and could deal with the international media.
    10% is a high hurdle. They have 5% in Germany. TBH I think we could do with one here to deal with the proliferation of independents. Which I personally see as a problem.

Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment