Register to Comment
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Donnchadha View Post
    Small article for a large newspaper, and NOT on page one. In fact if you read the bottom of the piece, you will see they made a correction, because they reported the wrong date. Coincedence ? I think not.

But I was talking about the Television news media that millions watch on a daily basis. The under-knowledged in the US and abroad rely on soundbytes to form their opinions. If the news goes unreported, the word never gets out.

When a nation performs over a million abortions a year, I deem that newsworthy. When 500,000 US citizens march on the capital, I deem that front page and a lead news story.
    A Google news search now returns 786 articles? The issue was widely covered obviously this is not enough for some.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunkyBoogaloo View Post
    Has God ever uttered a single word to any human being - written or spoken?
    He has deep meaningful conversations with members of the Iona Institute.

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    I am sorry.. but yes you bloody well can be selfish

But how in the name of Jesus you make out abortion has anything to do with being "sectarian" or "partitionist" is beyond me...

Do you know what those terms mean ?

I hope I don't rattle your cave unduly when I tell you this, but abortion is sectarian and partitionist because we only target unborn babies and not the born ones with it.

If it was wrong to target innocent catholics solely on a sectarian basis, then surely it is wrong to target someone solely based on their age.

SF are hypocrites if they claim to be against sectarianism and yet support the ultimate in sectarian partition; the division of a baby from its life.

Get up that garden ya traitor.

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    What "media blackout"?
    I don't know about a complete blackout but there certainly seems to be evidence that there is
    a playing down of the March for life as compared to other marches. See:

Foot-long subs vs. March For Life (update)

The Associated Press has a Twitter feed with nearly 1.6 million followers. Those followers received two tweets about a gun control rally and march in Washington, D.C. this weekend.

“Gun control march in Washington to feature Newtown residents, pastors, parents and survivors of gun violence,” read one.

“PHOTOS: Thousands march for gun control on National Mall in Washington,” read another.

Considering the relatively small size of the march (Some said “nearly 1,000.” Others, as noted above, said “thousands.”), it makes one wonder how many links to stories and photo collections were sent out for the massive 40th anniversary March for Life.

The answer, of course, would be zero. Really, the AP Twitter feed never found it worthwhile, in its steady stream of tweets, to even mention the March for Life, much less link to a photo gallery of it
    Last edited by TruthSeeker; 28th January 2013 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radix View Post
    I hope I don't rattle your cave unduly when I tell you this, but abortion is sectarian and partitionist because we only target unborn babies and not the born ones with it.
    Now that is the tiniest straw I have seen in a long, long time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsui2 View Post
    Now that is the tiniest straw I have seen in a long, long time!

Off with you Mitsy, explain!

Nice round number, th' old half a million, in Washington. Mind you well over double that number marched in the UK against an attack on Iraq and that never bothered Tony Blair or his Attorney General.

I'd say the best thing that half a million could do is vow never to have an abortion if they object to it.

I hadn't heard that the US was planning on making abortion compulsory or anything so I suppose that takes care of that.

(Dusts hands).

Quote Originally Posted by LamportsEdge View Post
    Nice round number, th' old half a million, in Washington. Mind you well over double that number marched in the UK against an attack on Iraq and that never bothered Tony Blair or his Attorney General.

I'd say the best thing that half a million could do is vow never to have an abortion if they object to it.

I hadn't heard that the US was planning on making abortion compulsory or anything so I suppose that takes care of that.

(Dusts hands).

You are missing a very obvious point Lamports, that the law itself is brought into disrepute when it sanctions the ending of the most innocent of life, the child in the womb.

Laws if they are to mean anything, must take into account the dignity of the human person; hence criminal sanctions against waterboarding in Guantanamo for example. We make small children sit in specially strapped in seats in our cars for example. We have speed limits on roads which pass through residential areas for another example.

It is hypocritical to take such obvious care of babies and children post birth, while simultaneously allowing laws which sanction a premature ending of their lives before we deem them worthy of protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnchadha View Post
    Of course the media blacked it out. 500, 000 strong march in support of life in the largest pro-life march in years. This was in bitterly cold temperatures that would be unheard of in Ireland.

The US media is no better than any other totalitarian Govt's media mouth pieces. If the rally had been a Pro-abortion or any other group deemed politically correct, then the media coverage would have been breathless and non-stop.

Abortion opponents march in Washington | Fox News

But God's word will not return void.

percentage wise its the equivalent of 7000 people marching in ireland, so no wonder the media went meh

Quote Originally Posted by Radix View Post

If it was wrong to target innocent catholics solely on a sectarian basis, then surely it is wrong to target someone solely based on their age.

SF are hypocrites if they claim to be against sectarianism and yet support the ultimate in sectarian partition; the division of a baby from its life.

Get up that garden ya traitor.
    The abortion industry in the US also targets the poor and those of minority status. They target blacks and Hispanics to a large degree. Any other industry that targets the poor and minority for malevolent intentions is deemed racist then attacked and ultimately ostracized.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment