Register to Comment
Page 53 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3 435152535455 63 ... LastLast
Like Tree456Likes

Bishop Malak is trying to save his own backside and I wouldn't blame him.

Why can't Mohammed fight his own battles if he is so all powerful? Why does he need lowly humans to protect his reputation? Why not leave this to him?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Some words from Ben Dror Yemini, and Israeli publicist, with mixed views on the Arab-Israeli conflict:

Suppose, just suppose, the movie that made US Ambassador to Lybia is indeed an offensive movie, and unnecessarily insulting. And suppose even that its severity is similar to that of the Danish caricatures of Islam's Prophet Muhammad. Such movies are, and far more offensive of that specific movie, are a matter of routine on TV channels in all Muslim countries. Like, for instance, a TV channel broadcast on Hamas ' Al-Aqsa', calling to kill the Jews, the Christians, the Communists, until the last. Or like the Hamas Charter, or words common in all preeches, and transmitted endlessly that the Jews are monkeys and pigs. So why the hell they think they should, and others shouldn't?

For the avoidance of doubt, it is not the same thing. Because Western works like the new movie or caricatures are part of freedom of expression. Muslim countries-it is preaching of the authorities. But these whiners are impudent. Need specific. Not all Muslims take to the streets. But the atmosphere there, the official channels, is such that encourages hooliganism.

Organization of Islamic countries (OIC), makes world-wide efforts in international institutions, to outlaw any criticism on Islam. Rather than tell them: "an excellent idea, start at home, and the moment all criticism of other religions ceases – you'll be allowed to upload suggestions about Islam" — they are taken seriously. And they even gain achievments.

French magazine risks Muslim ire with Mohammed cartoons - Telegraph

Some more cartoons au Francais on the way. Get the matches out.

Quote Originally Posted by b.a. baracus View Post
    Bishop Malak is trying to save his own backside and I wouldn't blame him.

Why can't Mohammed fight his own battles if he is so all powerful? Why does he need lowly humans to protect his reputation? Why not leave this to him?
    Sorry to break this to you BA but he can't fight his own battles as he is merely a fictional construct of the medieval Arabs who needed a Religious figurehead like Jesus or Moses for their new society. Hence his 'ascent' into heaven - what better place for a fictional political construct to retire to than a fictional religious construct?

Of course if this was Southpark he could have gotten 'Jesus & Pals' help out.

Hope this helped?

I heard this morning on the radio that South Park could be doing an episode on the film.

This will be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by b.a. baracus View Post
    Muslims believe in the prophets and messengers of God, starting with Adam, including Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, and Jesus (peace be upon them). But God’s final message to man, a reconfirmation of the eternal message, was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad . Muslims believe that Muhammad is the last prophet sent by God, as God has said:

Muhammad is not the father of any one of your men, but he is the Messenger of God and the last of the prophets... (Quran, 33:40)

Muslims believe that all the prophets and messengers were created human beings who had none of the divine qualities of God.

"Do not adulate me, as the Christians adulated the son of Maryam. I am only a slave, call me the slave of Allah and His Messenger.[Agreed upon]
    Chapter 1: The incumbency of loving the Messenger of Allah, and revering him. Prohibition of praising him excessively. Status and Rank of the Prophet | Aqeedah at-Tawheed by Shaikh al-Fawzaan

Quote Originally Posted by The OD View Post
    Sorry to break this to you BA but he can't fight his own battles as he is merely a fictional construct of the medieval Arabs who needed a Religious figurehead like Jesus or Moses for their new society. Hence his 'ascent' into heaven - what better place for a fictional political construct to retire to than a fictional religious construct?

Of course if this was Southpark he could have gotten 'Jesus & Pals' help out.

Hope this helped?
    He was an actual historic figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Egyman View Post
    Muslims believe in the prophets and messengers of God, starting with Adam, including Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, and Jesus (peace be upon them). But God’s final message to man, a reconfirmation of the eternal message, was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad . Muslims believe that Muhammad is the last prophet sent by God, as God has said:

Muhammad is not the father of any one of your men, but he is the Messenger of God and the last of the prophets... (Quran, 33:40)

Muslims believe that all the prophets and messengers were created human beings who had none of the divine qualities of God.

"Do not adulate me, as the Christians adulated the son of Maryam. I am only a slave, call me the slave of Allah and His Messenger.[Agreed upon]
    Chapter 1: The incumbency of loving the Messenger of Allah, and revering him. Prohibition of praising him excessively. Status and Rank of the Prophet | Aqeedah at-Tawheed by Shaikh al-Fawzaan

.......and the cow jumped over the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolfe View Post
    He was an actual historic figure.
    If he was then why is the first mention of him on a coin 150 years after his death/ascension to imaginationland?

Watch this - Islam: The Untold Story - obviously it's only one documentary but it makes a hell of a lot of sense and ties in to an awful lot of what I have read over the years. He may have been based on a real person, but I am not convinced. Most of the criticism is that Holland didn't talk to Islamic scholars and that the documentary was biased because the Islamic 'scholars' would be super objective about their religion.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by The OD View Post
    If he was then why is the first mention of him on a coin 150 years after his death/ascension to imaginationland?

Watch this - Islam: The Untold Story - obviously it's only one documentary but it makes a hell of a lot of sense and ties in to an awful lot of what I have read over the years. He may have been based on a real person, but I am not convinced. Most of the criticism is that Holland didn't talk to Islamic scholars and that the documentary was biased because the Islamic 'scholars' would be super objective about their religion.
    And the cowards at Channel 4, which is full to the rafters with anti-Zionists who think they are so f*cking brave, refused to screen it before an audience of historians and "opinion formers" due to threats.

The fact the Mohammed may not have existed and Islam may not have even sprung from Medina and Mecca has been long been known and examined by the likes of Ignaz Goldziher, Theodor Nöldeke, Arthur Jeffery, Henri Lammens, Alphonse Mingana, Joseph Schacht, Aloys Sprenger and Julius Wellhausen, as well as more recent researchers such as Suliman Bashear, Patricia Crone, Volker Popp, Yehuda Nevo, Michael Cook, Ibn Warraq, Judith Koren, Ibn Rawandi, Günter Lüling, David S. Powers and John Wansbrough.

Several contemporary critical scholars of Islam, like Christoph Luxenberg and Ibn Warraq, have been forced to write under pseudonyms due to persistent threats against their lives.
    Last edited by The System Works; 19th September 2012 at 01:05 PM.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment