Register to Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Tea Party Patriot View Post
    The removal of Gadaffi is by no means certain as the "correct" move, just to the south the loonies have sized the opportunity to take over a large swath of central Saharan Africa due to the UN action in Libya.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/09/op...b-raiders.html

I am no lover of dictators but I think time will tell if what replaces them when it is done by outside intervention actually improves or dis-improves a situation for the people of a country and for the people of the country committing to the intervention.

The more I see of this type of adventurism the more I am inclined to agree with Ron Paul, that internal interference in the affairs of other countries is just plain wrong.
    You do realize that the Libyans started this revolution, which was, for them a "win or die" situation - which is why the place is plastered with graffiti saying "We win or we die".

The Libyans were disregarded when Gadaffi was in power and they are disregarded, ignored and sidelined now by those of you who are so foolish as to believe that this entire thing was a NATO plot when it was actually a Libyan revolution with NATO and the Islamists jumping on the bandwagon.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Strange thing. When I think of Gadaffi at all now, all I can see is him being "buggered" by a knife held by one of the "freedom-fighters and I remember thinking, Jaysus, nothing will change. Just more savage brutality and the innocents will pay the price, as usual.

Human beings and power just don't go together, do they?

How about "relatively peaceful"?

Check out what Libyans are saying about the transition right now as it is broadcast live on TV.
    https://twitter.com/#!/search/?q=%23Libya&src=hash

And yes, the oh so knowing nod to Al Qaeda. Aren't you a clever lad, you're too smart for their game to fall for this old rouse. Al Qaeda have done a wonderful job maintaining the charade with all those bouncy castles all around Tripoli and holding elections etc. In fact, all these proud Libyans who fly the tricolor with the crescent moon and star motif from their vehicles and wear rubber wristbands saying "Libya Free" - they're all Al Qaeda too.

Ismael ‏@ChangeInLibya

If a grenade blew up near a garbage bin, we'd hear all about it on BBC AJE Reuters, AP. Congress speaker elected & nothing whatsoever #Libya

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Irish View Post
    How about "relatively peaceful"?

Libya: Blacks treated like Apes in the Zoo by rebels - YouTube

Libyan rebel ethnic cleansing and lynching of black people Human rights investigations

This can be explained by the influence of the provo's on Libya. Makes no sense, but so does "relatively peaceful." Of course, no revolution is complete without the imprisonment of enemies or innocent people in human zoos.

You do realize that the Libyans started this revolution, which was, for them a "win or die" situation - which is why the place is plastered with graffiti saying "We win or we die".

The Libyans were disregarded when Gadaffi was in power and they are disregarded, ignored and sidelined now by those of you who are so foolish as to believe that this entire thing was a NATO plot when it was actually a Libyan revolution with NATO and the Islamists jumping on the bandwagon.
    I would be very much in favour in this case of adopting a wait and see attitude before judging the actual result and for the record I don't believe it was a "NATO" plot either.

I was no fan of Gadaffi, but I do believe that many of those who were behind this revolution were no better than him. The result of the military intervention has been the fall of an area about five times the size of Ireland into Al-Quida control; as they already have a strong presence inside Libya what are the odds on them attempting to extend this to there once they have solidified their new base?

I will be as delighted as anyone if Libya successfully transitions to democracy, however given the leading party is a hetrogenius conglomerate of 58 political organisations, the Muslim Brotherhood forming the only large homogeneous block, and a further 120 individuals that could be of any hue making up the General National Congress then they are facing a tough task for the type of stability that is needed to function.

Ah, more from the "the ten things I know about Libya" crowd. Why do people insist on picking 2-3 incidents which they then harp on about without any knowledge, awareness or understanding of the almost infinite number of developments, most of them positive, which have taken place in Libya?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Aphorisms View Post
    Libya: Blacks treated like Apes in the Zoo by rebels - YouTube

Libyan rebel ethnic cleansing and lynching of black people Human rights investigations

This can be explained by the influence of the provo's on Libya. Makes no sense, but so does "relatively peaceful." Of course, no revolution is complete without the imprisonment of enemies or innocent people in human zoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea Party Patriot View Post
    The removal of Gadaffi is by no means certain as the "correct" move, just to the south the loonies have sized the opportunity to take over a large swath of central Saharan Africa due to the UN action in Libya....
    I'm not happy with the idea that
    toleration of murderous goons is
    somehow tactically acceptable
    given the beardy alternative.

Islam needs work. A reformation
    mightn't go amiss.

Check out what Libyans are saying about the transition right now as it is broadcast live on TV.
    https://twitter.com/#!/search/?q=%23Libya&src=hash

And yes, the oh so knowing nod to Al Qaeda. Aren't you a clever lad, you're too smart for their game to fall for this old rouse. Al Qaeda have done a wonderful job maintaining the charade with all those bouncy castles all around Tripoli and holding elections etc. In fact, all these proud Libyans who fly the tricolor with the crescent moon and star motif from their vehicles and wear rubber wristbands saying "Libya Free" - they're all Al Qaeda too.
    Spontaneous, unorganised rallies of millions of people showing their support for Gaddafi are in abundance. We can show each other images all day of how many supporters each side has. Why not debate the facts and have our own opinion on the Libyan crisis?

And save me the bull about the sham election. Supporters of the Jamahiriya were not allowed to vote and pro-Gaddafi cnadidates were not allowed to run.

The Libyan people are free are they? 1000 blacks have recently been detained because of their skin colour, Libyan oil that previously belonged to the Libyan people under Gaddafi is now being sold off to the highest foreign bidder, blacks are being murdered on a regular basis (a town of 30000 terrorised by rebel forces- The Fate of Twaragha People in New Libya :: www.uruknet.info :: informazione dal medio oriente :: information from middle east :: [vs-1] ), tribal tensions may soon spread into all out conflict. Need I go on?

Have you seen the image of chopped fingers that the NATO/Al Qaeda rebels carried out on a civilian who showed support for the Jamahiriya? I won't post it because it is absolutely disgusting, but I can if you are sure you want me to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment