Register to Comment
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Israel to release 250 Palestinian prisoners

The Israeli Cabinet today approved the release of 250 Palestinian prisoners, officials said, in the government's latest gesture of support for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.
    This comes just a week after Israel released tens of missions of dollars to the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

250 out of about 12,000 in actual jail, and millions hemmed in and treated as potential terrorists within the West Bank and Gaza.

I loved this bit from Haaretz:

Shas Chairman Eli Yishai responded to the vote by saying, "If terrorists are being released, there is no reason not to also free Jews who have killed Arabs."

Quote Originally Posted by FakeViking
    250 out of about 12,000 in actual jail, and millions hemmed in and treated as potential terrorists within the West Bank and Gaza.

Shas Chairman Eli Yishai responded to the vote by saying, "If terrorists are being released, there is no reason not to also free Jews who have killed Arabs."
    Let's face it, for some people on this site Israel will never do enough. There's a great deal of sentiment in the West that won't be content until Israel is wiped off the map.

Quote Originally Posted by dubsthcentralboy

Let's face it, for some people on this site Israel will never do enough. There's a great deal of sentiment in the West that won't be content until Israel is wiped off the map.
    And there are a great deal in Israel that won't be content until Israel's land covers The West Bank, East Jerusalem, the Gaza Strip, southern Lebanon, the western parts of Jordan, and southern Syria and Golan Heights.
    So come off this attitude that the poor Israelis are as innocent as the driven snow and the Palestinians are out to destroy them all. It's getting very annoying and makes you look like a mindless moron.
    Neither side is without blood on their hands. Neither side is blameless and neither side can solve this without a considerable amount of compromise.

I bet you think the Israelis are the oppressed ones.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster

And there are a great deal in Israel that won't be content until Israel's land covers The West Bank, East Jerusalem, the Gaza Strip, southern Lebanon, the western parts of Jordan, and southern Syria and Golan Heights.
    So come off this attitude that the poor Israelis are as innocent as the driven snow and the Palestinians are out to destroy them all. It's getting very annoying and makes you look like a mindless moron.
    Neither side is without blood on their hands. Neither side is blameless and neither side can solve this without a considerable amount of compromise.
    I agree that there is a great deal of blame on both sides. However, your first point is factually incorrect. The vast majority of Israelis polled in opinion polls say they welcome the pullout of Gaza and would hand back the West Bank. Jerusalem is obviously a bitter pill to swallow. I'd favour some sort of international status for Jerusalem where both nations could hold it as their capital. On the Golan Heights, a recent poll found that more than 70% of the inhabitants of Israel were in favour of a pullout in the event of a peace deal with Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by Slartibuckfast

I bet you think the Israelis are the oppressed ones.
    Israel has been guilty of terrible crims against the Palestinian people.

And the Syrians, the Lebanese, and was a main player in Bush's foreign policy which led to the decision to go to war in Iraq.

I am absolutely not anti Jew, I am an agnostic, they can believe in any biblical fable they want to as far as I care, and the same applies to the Muslims. Both Jewish and Arab culture have both benefitted mankind greatly over the centuries, yet the current crop of Israeli rightwing scum like Olmert should be jailed for their incessant war crimes. They are laying the seeds of hate for many future generations, not attoneing for their past acts of agression.

And the Syrians, the Lebanese, and was a main player in Bush's foreign policy which led to the decision to go to war in Iraq.

I am absolutely not anti Jew, I am an agnostic, they can believe in any biblical fable they want to as far as I care, and the same applies to the Muslims. Both Jewish and Arab culture have both benefitted mankind greatly over the centuries, yet the current crop of Israeli rightwing scum like Olmert should be jailed for their incessant war crimes. They are laying the seeds of hate for many future generations, not attoneing for their past acts of agression.
    I notice a pattern on this site, the posters who are sympathetic to Israel are always characterised as unthinking supporters of Israel. I am happy to, as I have done, to acknowledge the terrible crimses committed by the Israeli State. However, I never see the pro-Palestinian posters do likewise for Palestinian crimes against Israel.

Now why would someone say something like that, which is totally wrong?!

The so called "Palestinians" are the ones who are guilty of attempts of genocide against innocent civilians! That's a well-known fact.

They were the ones who decided to orchestrate a premeditated war against Israel after the Barak generous proposal.

They are like sharks, and we need to swim with them, and we learned how, for now.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment