Register to Comment
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Quote Originally Posted by stopdoingstuff View Post
    Islam has many manifestations, does it not?

Manifestly.....and most of them straight out of the Arabian desert of the Dark Ages.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Brenny View Post
    ...It is unfortunate at the moment that Islam is being associated exclusively with desert, patriarchal primitivism.
    These guys are looong
    overdue a reformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangreel View Post
    Lebanon news - NOW Lebanon -"Sexy Eyes" Banned in Saudi Arabia

Women in Saudi Arabia who have “sexy eyes” will be forced to cover them up, a spokesperson representing the Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice in the Gulf kingdom announced on Wednesday.

Sheikh Motlab al-Nabet said the committee has the right to stop a women whose eyes seem “tempting” and order her to cover them immediately. ?????? ??????? ?? ???????? ?????? ??????? ?????? ?????? ?????? '??????? ??????' - Arabic UPI.com - ????? ?????? ??????? ???????

It’s not clear how they will determine if a woman’s eyes are “tempting,” but who cares? It's fun to use religion to legitimize the oppression of women. AMIRIGHT?

Maybe Saudi women should just never leave the house altogether.

[Cue disagreement and general uproar followed by longwinded battle over Saudi Arabia’s rampant disregard for female and human rights.]

*END*

Just when i thought i has seen it all.... sexy eyes? Really? Men are that worried that a woman may have "sexy eyes"?
    I had to go check that we were REALLY Living in 2011 and not the 1100's!

When is the protest boat leaving for Saudi Arabia?

I want to watch the outcome on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiscorporation View Post

Along with Robinson and McAleese on the bridge, Ivana Bacik will be lurking there too.

Is there a blockade stopping food/supplies from getting to these women? No? Then why would anyone wanna sail a ship there to break a blockade like the one in Gaza when there is none?

In your rush to be a smart ass about the ships who sail to Gaza you make yourself looking pretty ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiocfaidh_Armani View Post
    Is there a blockade stopping food/supplies from getting to these women? No? Then why would anyone wanna sail a ship there to break a blockade like the one in Gaza when there is none?

In your rush to be a smart ass about the ships who sail to Gaza you make yourself looking pretty ignorant.
    So you support the oppression of women in Saudi Arabia.

As a woman myself, I hope you inform every woman you meet of your sexist attitudes and your belief that women's rights are not a serious issue.

So you support the oppression of women in Saudi Arabia.

As a woman myself, I hope you inform every woman you meet of your sexist attitudes and your belief that women's rights are not a serious issue.
    Zinggggggg

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...91431878_n.jpg

Would this lass have sexy eyes

Rating 10/10
    Last edited by revolution; 19th November 2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: added rating

Quote Originally Posted by shyster View Post
    are you trying to make some some of point? It's not clear.

It's odd because while the Koran does stipulate modest dress, it does so for both men and women, and doesn't prescribe exactly what is/is not modest. That's open to intepretation. So the ridiculously restrictive outfits some Muslim women wear IS a manifestation of women being oppressed in the name of Islam as none of that is Allah's word.
    You do realise that Saudi Arabia and its Imams claim to be the spiritual and physical home of Islam.

This is where Mecca is. The religious hierarchy in Saudi claim that they have the moral authority to mandate strict dress codes which may not be literally apparent in the Koran and Hadiths. Moreover, if you cannot read ancient Arabic, your thoughts on Islam and your interpretation of the Koran are deemed worthless and possibly blasphemous.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiocfaidh_Armani View Post
    Why would anyone want to sail a ship to Saudi and help the unfortunate people there...let me see...they just sentence women to execution if they are accused of adultery Fate of another royal found guilty of adultery - Middle East - World - The Independent
    marry off children to dirty old men and legally sanction their rape.Why is no one protecting Saudi Arabia's child brides? | Ali al-Ahmed | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

There are the sensationalist cases that made the news. Women in Saudi live in a land where their every move is controlled by males in general and religious maniacs in particular. This leads to their rape, death through honour killings, state sanctioned murder, mental illness, violence...truly horrific everyday realities for Saudi women I am afraid.

Read what Amnesty International have to say about the plight of Saudi women and tell me that they don't deserve our help.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment