Register to Comment
Page 191 of 198 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 1977
Like Tree656Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Karloff View Post
    But they still own their own oil forests water etc. Actual assets and resources with intrinsic value.

Next door in Colombia, Brazil, Haiti Honduras - all economic and environmental basketcases with rampant political murders - all Washington shaped neoliberal countries.

https://www.ituc-csi.org/colombia-tr...rdered?lang=en

When corporations, land barons etc gain the control over a country in the Americas, many political murders are inevitable. Should Venezuela fall into the hands of the opposition i predict a bloodbath will follow.

Chile = Heaven, Venezuela = hell , the rest choose your model.............
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

The Marxist paradise of Venezuela sits on the world's largest hydrocarbon reserve, and has considerable forest cover....and it is running out of both fuel and toilet paper.

Venezuela to Relaunch New Currency Exchange Rate on Thursday

Absolutely unbelievable. Just read the very short article. On the black market you can get 260,000 bolivars for a dollar. There are two different OFFICIAL exchange rates and one of them is 10 bolivars per dollar.

https://www.reuters.com/article/vene...-idUSL2N1PJ1Q1
    Venezuela to relaunch new DICOM exchange rate on Thursday

CARACAS, Jan 24 (Reuters) - Venezuela will relaunch its DICOM exchange rate on Thursday, Vice President Tareck El Aissami said at a press conference.

He did not specify the rate. DICOM is the weaker of the government’s two official exchange mechanisms, currently at 3,345 bolivars per dollar.

The stronger DIPRO rate is at 10 per dollar, a far cry from the black market rate where a dollar buys more than 260,000 bolivars. (Reporting by Girish Gupta; Editing by Alexandra Ulmer)

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...vive-1.3397486
    “I sold my hair to feed my girl,” Hernández said, adding that wigmakers now walk the plazas of Cúcuta where many Venezuelans congregate, wearing signs advertising that they give cash for hair.

The going rate in the border town for women’s hair is 30,000 pesos, or about €8, less than a third of the price in Bogotá, the capital.

Without passports or the right to work, thousands of Venezuelans in Cúcuta who held down decent jobs back home are now begging for food and change. When work is available, often in construction or reselling contraband sweets at traffic signals, pay is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Telstar 62 View Post
    Corbyn is a first rate idiot.

I know a few Venezuelans and wish the best for the country. It has taken a horrible turn and the violence and random murder is terrifying. Likewise it is a lie to claim that the poor did not benefit from Chavez, they did. Chavez did some good but then went down the dictator road.

The truth isn’t black and white on this country. As my friends there say “que chimbo”

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment