Register to Comment
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

I suppose it's much the same as the time Bruton challenged Kenny. Bruton told the faithful what he was going to do for the country, Kenny told them what what he was going to do for them. So the story goes.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Soaked View Post
    I think Leo has to show his true FG pedigree by snatching defeat from the jaws of victory...

It is his to win, but we'll end up with Clongowes. We need to, because they always beat Kings Hosp.

These are our ways....

They run deep...
    Cloveney was expelled from Catholic Clongowes for persistent bad behaviour, drunkeness and absconsion.
    Varadkar went to Protestant Kings and then to Trinity College where he failed two of his 2nd year medical exams.

Put the two spades up against the wall and let Farmer Giles Party take it's pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Jordan View Post
    Some, far too many for it to be healthy, will dismiss it as inverse snobbery but it is disheartening, disappointing, demoralizing and , personally, disgusting that the first Taoiseach of my generation will be either a kings hospital or clongowes boy.

Congrats you all will live under a Tory boy regardless of outcome.
    Yeah, if only people would wise up and vote for proper non-Tories like Paul Murphy or Richard Boyd Barrett.

They went where?

Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    Rather small-minded of you to criticise the two candidates for the educational choices that their parents made for them.
    Generally, and admittedly it is s generalism, such things represent who and what we are. The representation of varadkar as an "gay emigrants son" with its connotations of struggle and self development is laughable in this regard.

An old Etonian is fighting a horrivian for the Taoiseachs spot.

I work in international finance but I brlyeve inherited wealth and privilege to be the hallmarks of the under development of civilization

Quote Originally Posted by Erudite Caveman View Post
    Yeah, if only people would wise up and vote for proper non-Tories like Paul Murphy or Richard Boyd Barrett.

They went where?

Oh.
    They don't have to be the alternative.

Hard not too start developing an emigrants cynicism looking at the array of options at present.

Generally, and admittedly it is s generalism, such things represent who and what we are.

The representation of varadkar as an "gay emigrants son" with its connotations of struggle and self development is laughable in this regard.

That's "Harrovian", old bean, Harrovian!

Generally, and admittedly it is s generalism, such things represent who and what we are. The representation of varadkar as an "gay emigrants son" with its connotations of struggle and self development is laughable in this regard.

I work in international finance but I brlyeve inherited wealth and privilege to be the hallmarks of the under development of civilization
    You are assuming that private education equals privilege. Many parents made huge sacrifices in sending their kids to private schools and all there is to inherit is a Semi-D split between the siblings less the Fair deal 20%.

Yes, there are really wealthy people there, but they are in the minority in those schools.

We could have a much bigger house, or be mortgage free in 10 years and retire early, and not be considered elitist and privileged, but instead, people scowl when they see our kids in a certain school uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by tipofdiceberg View Post
    Cloveney was expelled from Catholic Clongowes for persistent bad behaviour, drunkeness and absconsion.
    Varadkar went to Protestant Kings and then to Trinity College where he failed two of his 2nd year medical exams.
    How did maFFia miss out on a drunk and the Looper Party miss out on a dosser ?

only on p.ie could you find eejits who consider as remotely relevant the schools that political candidates may have attended. Is there no end to the chippyness of some on here?

Simon will be the new Taoiseach

a gay Taoiseach would be progressive etc but i reckon simon is more serious

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment