Register to Comment
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 267
Like Tree158Likes
  1. #91
    Disillusioned democrat Disillusioned democrat is offline
    Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,303

    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    So that's the bull dealt with. Now give me some numbers.
    Let's start with the €200m in one deal - Project Eagle. One deal that sold at 20% below the already distressed costs because of the connections and sleaze that has typified Noonan's approach to selling off the state's assets.

    That's one deal out of hundreds.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #92
    artfoley56 artfoley56 is offline
    artfoley56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,376

    Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    Time to bring back my Joanie!
    Unfortunately she's stuck in traffic in tallaght
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #93
    Disillusioned democrat Disillusioned democrat is offline
    Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,303

    Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    So that's the bull dealt with. Now give me some numbers.
    Your "so what" comment tells its own story, of course.

    The public mission statement for NAMA was to make sure the culprits weren't able to buy back their own properties at knock down prices - it took someone with Noonan's brilliance to figure out a way for them to do just that.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #94
    HarshBuzz HarshBuzz is offline
    HarshBuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,588

    Quote Originally Posted by Congalltee View Post
    And mass emigration.
    So how do you explain population going up?

    There are also statistics for numbers in work. Would you like to have a browse?

    http://www.cso.ie/indicators/default.aspx?id=1QNQ03

    1.84m when Noonan took office
    2.04m in Q3 2016 (and certainly increased since)
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #95
    dundealing dundealing is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    377

    Quote Originally Posted by HarshBuzz View Post
    So how do you explain population going up?

    There are also statistics for numbers in work. Would you like to have a browse?

    http://www.cso.ie/indicators/default.aspx?id=1QNQ03

    1.84m when Noonan took office
    2.04m in Q3 2016 (and certainly increased since)
    go to spec savers , nah even then you would still not be able to see . Blue paint in your eyes is irreversible , like stupidity
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #96
    HarshBuzz HarshBuzz is offline
    HarshBuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,588

    Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    Indeed most of Noonan's actions have led to the only ONE measure of success our politicians seem to understand getting back on track - over priced property and houses.

    Ironically over-supply largely caused the property bust, but we managed in a few short years to turn oversupply into a shortage, all at a time when we were paying 100k brickies and sparks the dole and NAMA was sitting on the largest portfolio of property in the world.

    NAMA ensured only REITS and vulture funds benefited from the low cost and now, 6 short years later prices are miraculously restored and rent is at an all time high and being controlled by a handful of "lucky" REITs who were in at the "right time".

    If your Noonan that's success. If you're 99.9% of the population it's not.
    You have completely lost all powers of analysis. I blame Trump.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #97
    HarshBuzz HarshBuzz is offline
    HarshBuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    10,588

    Quote Originally Posted by dundealing View Post
    go to spec savers , nah even then you would still not be able to see . Blue paint in your eyes is irreversible , like stupidity
    So....you don't agree that unemployment has halved? Or that more than 200,000 extra people are at work?

    It must be so tiresome, all these facts that fail to meet your shouty little echo chamber 'opinions'.

    As the great man once said: when the facts change, I change my opinions. What do you do sir?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #98
    dundealing dundealing is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    377

    Quote Originally Posted by HarshBuzz View Post
    So....you don't agree that unemployment has halved? Or that more than 200,000 extra people are at work?

    It must be so tiresome, all these facts that fail to meet your shouty little echo chamber 'opinions'.

    As the great man once said: when the facts change, I change my opinions. What do you do sir?
    Yes , a lot more working partime /slavebridge / min wage , and most of them from Eastern Europe . But anyway lets , "keep the recovery going "
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #99
    Disillusioned democrat Disillusioned democrat is offline
    Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,303

    Quote Originally Posted by HarshBuzz View Post
    You have completely lost all powers of analysis. I blame Trump.
    I think it's been this kind of blind arrogance has led to FG's downfall, from near overall majority to FF's plaything.

    Noonan above all typifies FG's real agenda, and he really doesn't like being questioned.

    Anyway, luckily for 99.9% of us his days are well and truly numbered, we can just hope he hasn't completely raided my pension and sold my home to a vulture fund in his last days in government.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #100
    Erudite Caveman Erudite Caveman is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,932

    Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    Okay - here are a few facts that might not fit your opinion.
    Whatever about my opinion, they don't even back up your assertion in anyway, but that is unsurprising given you penchant for churning out random gibberish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    NAMA bulldozed half-build ghost estates...they actually razed them to the ground instead of looking for any out-of-work or under-employed builders to complete the builds.
    Care you tell us
    a) where these half-build ghost estates were
    b)how many units were involved
    Just so we can see how negligible the removal of a bunch of half built estates in Leitrim would be on Dublin rental market.


    NAMA sat on tranches of properties for 4 years, until REIT legislation was snuck in over Christmas one year, then began selling at the same prices they claimed were unsustainable 3 years earlier.
    Really? Any proof of this fact that you've plucked from your hole? And any indication that it had anything to do with Noonan?

    REITs shareholders include many familiar names from the Celtic Tiger developer community - their wives of course as many of the developers are bankrupt of course.
    You say many. How many? You can pluck a figure out of your hole if you'd like. Let's get specific:

    What percentage of the residential properties that NAMA offloaded to REITs ended up in REIT's with shareholders who were bust developers, and what percentage of these REIT's do these people own?

    You are full of sh!te DD, always have been. Facts are an anathema to you.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112 20 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment