Register to Comment
Page 80 of 134 FirstFirst ... 30 707879808182 90 130 ... LastLast
Like Tree543Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Dasayev View Post
    The media is quite vacuous, I agree there.

However, it appears that Leo is a Thatcherite, while Simon is a One-Nation Tory. So on that basis we can work out the general gist of things for ourselves.

With Leo now almost certain to win, it means that the next general election may be the most openly ideological we've ever had.
    You're making the mistake of giving more weight to Leos words then his actions.
    There's absolutely nothing in his performance as Ministers over a number of departments to indicate he is Thatcherite.
    Leo has no policies other then to get elected and to push brand Leo. He is in many ways a posher version of Bertie Aherne.

I've no clue what Simons policies are either as he hasn't told us and the media don't appear interested in asking him.
    I suspect he has as little interest in policies as Leo sadly.
    Last edited by ruman; 19th May 2017 at 04:37 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Do the parliamentary party vote before the other blocks or at the same time?

Has either of them pledged to refund the water charges yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    Do the parliamentary party vote before the other blocks or at the same time?
    I heard Tom Curran say the members & councillors will vote over a few days and then the pp will then vote in Dublin with the votes being counted separately but results announced at same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Erudite Caveman View Post
    Policy is inherited. The program for government is in place and can't be changed unilaterally by a new FG leader. In fact, even if FF weren't providing support, a new leader still couldn't make the sort of policy changes you are referring to.
    What members will be interested in is how the new leader intends fighting the next election, where they think the emphasis should be, its a party election so policies will be similar.

Quote Originally Posted by ruman View Post
    You're making the mistake of giving more weight to Leos words then his actions.
    There's absolutely nothing in his performance as Ministers over a number of departments to indicate he is Thatcherite.
    Leo has no policies other then to get elected and to push brand Leo. He is in many ways a posher version of Bertie Aherne.

I've no clue what Simons policies are either as he hasn't told us and the media don't appear interested in asking him.
    I suspect he has as little interest in policies as Leo sadly.
    That is a terrifying prospect.

Kenny was a 24 year old teacher when he was elected to the Dail in the by-election after his fathers death. So it will be a nice change to have a taoiseach who has a good degree of outside career experience before they entered politics.

Except not Coveney. He was elected at age 26 in the by-election after his fathers death. Doesn't seem to have much experience before that either. Two years were spent on a round the world charity yacht trip.

So Varadkar then. Nope. First ran for the Council when he was 20 and a 2nd year medical student. At 24 he was coopted onto Fingal Council. Then elected a TD aged 28.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Mercedes View Post
    Kenny was a 24 year old teacher when he was elected to the Dail in the by-election after his fathers death. So it will be a nice change to have a taoiseach who has a good degree of outside career experience before they entered politics.

Except not Coveney. He was elected at age 26 in the by-election after his fathers death. Doesn't seem to have much experience before that either. Two years were spent on a round the world charity yacht trip.

So Varadkar then. Nope. First ran for the Council when he was 20 and a 2nd year medical student. At 24 he was coopted onto Fingal Council. Then elected a TD aged 28.
    At Least Leo ain't some sort of Political Royalty......Unless some one can advise me further.........

Quote Originally Posted by timhorgan View Post

An bhfuil cead agam dul go dtí an leithreas?
    Enda on his way home to Hammer's cabbage patch.

A Nazi Lands In Ballina | Broadsheet.ie

Quote Originally Posted by blinding View Post
    At Least Leo ain't some sort of Political Royalty......Unless some one can advise me further.........
    Coveney senior was an Ansbacher, whereas Coveney junior is a Bilderberger

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment