Register to Comment
Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Like Tree537Likes

Even the most deluded blueshirts will have to face up to the reality that Kenny is an intellectual cretin not fit to lead any major party never mind be Taoiseach. Kenny's incompetence has cost them 10 seats.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint View Post
    I hope that's a joke I don't get?
    Ok Michael Ring then, I see he is already throwing his hat in the pit on an interview with Newstalk

Quote Originally Posted by sport02 View Post
    Simon Coveney will be the new leader of Fine Gael.
    Most likely. Personally, I'd like to see John Deasy throw his hat in the ring, just to stir the pot. Now that the election Is over I'm free to say what I really think of the current incarnation of FG.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    To me, Simon Harris has been the only remotely decent performer. If he tops the poll in Wicklow...
    Far too soon. It's Varadkar or Coveney. Can't even see Bruton or Fitzgerald rivaling either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    Most likely. Personally, I'd like to see John Deasy throw his hat in the ring, just to stir the pot. Now that the election Is over I'm free to say what I really think of the current incarnation of FG.
    It was only us listening before wombat! Speak freely good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Even the most deluded blueshirts will have to face up to the reality that Kenny is an intellectual cretin not fit to lead any major party never mind be Taoiseach. Kenny's incompetence has cost them 10 seats.
    Win lose or draw, Enda is a useless politician.

He may well have been a decent/great teacher?

But Some people just need to realise they ain't leadership material,

Enda that's you!

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    To me, Simon Harris has been the only remotely decent performer. If he tops the poll in Wicklow...
    Would love to see Harris as FG leader. He`s already hugely popular with the online Indian community i believe..

It's ok, we knew you were telling porkies all along.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    It was only us listening before wombat! Speak freely good sir!
    I have been a moaning minnie from the start of this govt. I said early on that Noonan was a Charicature of Yes, Minister. TBH, I never thought Enda was a problem, a disadvantage maybe, but not a disaster. We are faced with the prospect of a FF led dolly mixture which was always my fear and the loss of some very able TDs and possibly ministers. I'm not sure we will have better replacements, the possibility of Hanafin back in charge of education is a horror show in the making. At least I am old enough that it won't directly effect me, the INTO will organise a pilgrimage to Knock in thanksgiving.

I have been a moaning minnie from the start of this govt. I said early on that Noonan was a Charicature of Yes, Minister. TBH, I never thought Enda was a problem, a disadvantage maybe, but not a disaster. We are faced with the prospect of a FF led dolly mixture which was always my fear and the loss of some very able TDs and possibly ministers. I'm not sure we will have better replacements, the possibility of Hanafin back in charge of education is a horror show in the making. At least I am old enough that it won't directly effect me, the INTO will organise a pilgrimage to Knock in thanksgiving.
    Most of the officer class will be safe. High profile and vulnerable? Alan Shatter?

How long will an FF dolly mixture last though? This is a different prospect than that of managing 4/5 independents. There is no stable combination in this. FG/FF has the numbers but such a combination would be inherently volatile in itself.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment