Register to Comment
Page 86 of 126 FirstFirst ... 36 768485868788 96 ... LastLast
Like Tree465Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Cynicist View Post
    Do you not think that your anger would be better focussed on those who benefit from major contracts without any tendering procedure but based on the "who you know" criteria?
    Do you not get angry about the 2million paid by government to some rich property man for premises without the planning for the purpose intended and never used?
    Do you think that the 16million extra paid for the M3 works was above board and not worth investigation?

Seems to me that the odd abuser of wellfare here and there is but a pin****************************** to the money that goes to the rich and in white collar crime.
    Is it that the traveller's family presents an easy target for prejudice while the tackling of those with power is too close to home?
    I have no axe to grind with any reasonably responsible individual. I don't care if it's a Traveller or a banker or anything else so long as they act in a reasonable responsible manner. I have no issue with people wishing to live a travelling life so long as it's consistent with orderly and self-sufficient living. But IMO it's insane not to call out any and all hustling and other substandard community conduct for what it is whether that be the banking and real estate side, the Travellers, the dope addicts and dealers and whoever else out there hell bent on making Irish society sh*ittier rather than better.

What's not a good idea, though, IMO, is valuing one kind of scumbaggery over another in a manner cutting a segment undue slack. Sure, the Drumms and Fitzpatricks, etc, looted the joint. So when are we going to create meaningful regulations to deter this plus criminal procedures to put these types in prison? And when I mean prison, I mean a real prison with a real sentence, not the usual revolving door nonsense that goes for 'justice' in the country. One can start right there...scoundrels rich or poor all know that in Ireland that it pays to do the wrong thing. Steal a million? Enjoy your time abroad in a seaside mansion whilst we get to you for a handslap eventually. Commit your 20th assault? Pay a fine. Defraud social welfare? You're hereby ordered to pay it back. Murder someone? You're out in 8 or pleaded down to manslaughter for far less. Serially rape women? Don't sentence them too long because it's too harsh. Talk about an incentive to just keep on doing it...

But let's not conveniently overlook the conduct of the skangers, drug dealers, pimps, gangs, thugs, spongers and other disorderlies who also degrade Irish living standards. Is David Drumm and Co selling dope in neighbourhoods? Are they sticking people with slash hooks and other weapons and otherwise brawling? Do they make bits and pieces out of pubs they enter? Do they squat on others' land and/or camp in manners degrading property values and trashing up the area with substandard living practices? Are they acting the maggot on the streets with unreasonable noise, loitering, intoxication, bellicosity, etc? Are they defrauding and scheming social welfare? No. And such types can be Travellers or not as you know. I just don't care what their excuse is. It's no excuse. I want it addressed properly, and I'm quite sure others do too. Traveller or not, either live properly or face meaningful consequences is what I desire.

As a sidenote, let's also not forget or buy into the common tale that Travellers are presumably poor. That's a common lie by the hustler element within the community who are often far more flush with cash than they'd have you believe. Do they look poor to you at such common weddings and funerals for example?

There's several pockets of Irish Travellers in the US where they regularly take advantage of Americans who aren't familiar with the 'culture.' They actually build homes bigger and better than anyone...for themselves that is, but as usual don't live in them but a trailer/caravan behind them. As you can see and as the man in the video will explain, it's the same there as it is in Ireland or Britain. What's a very common way many raise the money there as in Ireland and Britain? Tarmac and other home improvement scams.

Irish Traveller Mansions, North Augusta, Georgia, USA - YouTube

Of course, if--as commonly the case in Ireland--it's given to them for 'free', a fool and his money are easily separated once again. But they'll still often live the caravan lifestyle even if it's situated right upon a home they can live in. It's a 'drifter and grifter' chosen way of life. That's why they may appear 'poor and homeless' but it's by lifestyle choice rather than actual means.
    Last edited by O'Sullivan Bere; 27th September 2012 at 08:00 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

"orderly and self sufficient living" = guilty travellers
    "orderly and self sufficient living" = guilt bond holders, bankers and NAMA paid property magnates

Which grouping would be of most concern? Well depends on your prejudice.

Isn't it funny how these threads are always taken over by 'cliques' and the way they play on the man and not the statement! Who amongst You wants to have 'travellers' living next Door?

Funny the way these 'Social Worker' types are forever crying 'racist' (PAVEE Pointers take note) and yet none of them would happily have a family of 'travellers' as their neighbours, still they have no problem telling the rest of us that we're 'racist' when we object and our TD writes a Letter to allay our fears!!

Hypocrisy is alive and well in Ireland
    Last edited by grizzley; 27th September 2012 at 08:59 PM.

"orderly and self sufficient living" = guilt bond holders, bankers and NAMA paid property magnates

Which grouping would be of most concern? Well depends on your prejudice.
    They're of equal concern to me generally and can, on an individual basis, be more concerning depending on particular negative effects, e.g., a white collar criminal running a Ponzi on my accounts, a drug dealer dealing in my neighbourhood, a Traveller squatting on my land, etc.

Don't make me laugh!!

Quote Originally Posted by grizzley View Post
    Isn't it funny how these threads are always taken over by 'cliques' and the way they play on the man and not the statement! Who amongst You wants to have 'travellers' living next Door?

Funny the way these 'Social Worker' types are forever crying 'racist' and yet none of them would happily have a family of 'travellers' as their neighbours, still they have no problem telling the rest of us that we're 'racist' when we object and our TD writes a Letter to allay our fears!!

Hypocrisy is alive and well in Ireland
    That valid criticisms of misconduct by Travellers somehow equates to 'racism' is one of the most ridiculous things allowed to come into parlance in recent years. "Hi I'm John Joe Quilligan and I'm an ethnic minority in Ireland." Daftest pile of f* off nonsense that is. They're ethnic Irish and arguing otherwise is like arguing water isn't wet. If a non-Traveller McCarthy is a local hood, he's a skanger. If a Traveller McCarthy is a local hood, then it's 'racism' to question it. Why the public even bothers to entertain this nonsense makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Sullivan Bere View Post
    That valid criticisms of misconduct by Travellers somehow equates to 'racism' is one of the most ridiculous things allowed to come into parlance in recent years. "Hi I'm John Joe Quilligan and I'm an ethnic minority in Ireland." Daftest pile of f* off nonsense that is. They're ethnic Irish and arguing otherwise is like arguing water isn't wet. If a non-Traveller McCarthy is a local hood, he's a skanger. If a Traveller McCarthy is a local hood, then it's 'racism' to question it. Why the public even bothers to entertain this nonsense makes no sense.
    Hi John, there's a house vacant beside us, when can you move in

Quote Originally Posted by grizzley View Post
    Hi John, there's a house vacant beside us, when can you move in
    No thanks...I have one right here:

Feral family
    NEIL SYSON
    and DAVID WILLETTS
    Published: 13th August 2009

A LANDLADY wept last night as she told how a family of travellers were refusing to budge after trashing her 1million home.

John and Serena Connors and their seven children moved into the five-bed detached home in February, with the
    2,400-a-month rent covered by housing benefit.

But the owners want them out, claiming paying for repairs could BANKRUPT them.

. . .

“I thought we should let the house out to a large struggling family who don’t have much, to give them a chance to live somewhere really nice. But now I wish I hadn’t.”

. . .

She said: “Within weeks, a radiator was pulled off the wall and the water made the ceiling collapse.

“They’ve twice blocked the drains so sewage flowed on to the pavement. They have thrown food, clothes, cat excrement and all manner of rubbish into neighbours’ gardens.

“They’ve ruined the floors, which will cost me about 12,000 — and I don’t have that money. I’m still paying the mortgage and the legal fees are all adding up too.

“The council should have warned me about the family.”

Neighbours, too scared to be named, complained of shouting, swearing and loud music from the house at all hours.

Mrs Connors, originally from Co Wexford in Ireland, has five girls and two boys, aged four to 19. One daughter is believed to be electronically tagged.

Notes warning of thieves and bearing the logos of the Metropolitan Police and the Safer Neighbourhood Team have been distributed locally.

They state: “Thieves are targeting residential homes. Please remain vigilant.”

Yesterday a transit van and a people carrier were parked outside the house.

The bins were overflowing and paving slabs in the drive had been uprooted.

. . .
    Now don't be going saying what happened is wrong ya racist . . .

. . . Through an open window, Mrs Connors shouted to reporters: “This is all lies. It’s bull****. This house is immaculate. The landlady doesn’t like travellers. I’m going to get her done for harassment. . . .
    Feral family of Travellers trash 1million home | The Sun |News
    Last edited by O'Sullivan Bere; 27th September 2012 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Sullivan Bere View Post
    No thanks...I have one right here:

Feral family of travellers trash 1million home | The Sun |News

Now don't be going saying what happened is wrong ya racist.
    Nice one!!

Frank FizGibbon Tweeting that the ST tomorrow reports that Hogan contacted the Kilkenny county manager over this issue

https://twitter.com/FrankSunTimes/st...49886227726337

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment