Register to Comment
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    Kenny is secure.

If Phil and Reilly went under a bus tomorrow, he would be secure. If Phil and Reilly launched a joint leadership contest tomorrow, he would win.

There is absolutely no appetite within FG for a change of leader whatsoever, on the basis that it is perfectly content with Kenny's leadership.

In fact, Kenny is the most secure of the party leaders (FF, Lab, SF).

Thats just a fact. I know people desperately want Phil Hogan to be some evil machivellian guy behind the scenes implementing household charges (BOO!) and waterboarding errant back benchers who don't buy into the god like status of Kenny, but I'm afraid the reality is Kenny is perfectly secure.

No, seriously, he is.

I dont really have much else to say.
    Yes he's secure but if he went after two of his most prominent supporters without good reason he would look ungrateful and backbenchers might be less inclined to support him if it comes to heave when it becomes a battle between the guy who could throw him/her overboard at a moments notice or a new potential leader promising rewards. He's secure at the moment but it would be advisable to still cultivate support of those who supported him against the heave in case he loses his secure footing. Plus it is quiet possible that one or both of these two ministers have a cabal of backbenchers which makes it even more important to keep them in cabinet.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Kenny is secure.

If Phil and Reilly went under a bus tomorrow, he would be secure. If Phil and Reilly launched a joint leadership contest tomorrow, he would win.

There is absolutely no appetite within FG for a change of leader whatsoever, on the basis that it is perfectly content with Kenny's leadership.

Thats just a fact. I know people desperately want Phil Hogan to be some evil machivellian guy behind the scenes implementing household charges (BOO!) and waterboarding errant back benchers who don't buy into the god like status of Kenny, but I'm afraid the reality is Kenny is perfectly secure.

No, seriously, he is.

I dont really have much else to say.
    Just to be clear, are you saying that Enda is secure?

Ironic that Sailor should appear on a thread about heaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Just to be clear, are you saying that Enda is secure?
    My post was written with the intention of making clear enough for the dumbest guy in the room.

Mission accomplished.

(Just to clarify, the mission has been accomplished).

Quote Originally Posted by Windowshopper View Post
    Yes he's secure but if he went after two of his most prominent supporters without good reason he would look ungrateful and backbenchers might be less inclined to support him if it comes to heave when it becomes a battle between the guy who could throw him/her overboard at a moments notice or a new potential leader promising rewards. He's secure at the moment but it would be advisable to still cultivate support of those who supported him against the heave in case he loses his secure footing. Plus it is quiet possible that one or both of these two ministers have a cabal of backbenchers which makes it even more important to keep them in cabinet.
    If, instead of answering a query posed at leaders question time, he extracted his willy from his trousers and started copying some of the moves he saw when he went to see 'puppetry of the penis' stageshow, it is quite possible he would lose support from the backbenches.

If, instead of answering a query posed at leaders question time, he extracted his willy from his trousers and started copying some of the moves he saw when he went to see 'puppetry of the penis' stageshow, it is quite possible he would lose support from the backbenches.
    I fail to see how that reply responds to my post, maybe you could clarify.

I agree with you on Enda being secure, and that he does not owe hhis security to Phil, James or any Cabal of TDs. He needed them in June 2010, but does not need them now.

I'm sticking to my guns on Phil being a liability, and on Enda's media shyness being bad for the party. The Reilly farce is just bad optics...

As I have repeatedly said, people expected more cuts form the fat of government and the Quango bill. This has not happened.

FG have fallen foul of bad optics a lot. This will make people take their votes back. as it were.

the next GE will be interesting... Our track record on re-election is not great...

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew View Post
    I agree with you on Enda being secure, and that he does not owe hhis security to Phil, James or any Cabal of TDs. He needed them in June 2010, but does not need them now.

I'm sticking to my guns on Phil being a liability, and on Enda's media shyness being bad for the party. The Reilly farce is just bad optics...

As I have repeatedly said, people expected more cuts form the fat of government and the Quango bill. This has not happened.

FG have fallen foul of bad optics a lot. This will make people take their votes back. as it were.

the next GE will be interesting... Our track record on re-election is not great...
    Yep it will although the demise of FF throws it a little. If we get "groat", the end of the Troika and a reasonable reduction of the unemployment rate the current incumbents should return, albeit with a lower majority. SF , much as they would love to think it , will not find people swinging to them in large numbers. FF have not gone away at all and this period of consultation, review or whatever they are at, will dictate what level of seats they can claim back. I wouldn't be surprised to see them creep back to 30 seats and even the "evil" Greens picking up one.

Kenny is becoming weaker within cabinet all the time. His 2 main supporters ie Hogan and Reilly have been compromised due to their dodgy finances and dealings. Shatter is also deeply unpopular with the public and has a huge likability problem. The Brutonites could potentially strike again in the near future.
    Last edited by MacBeth; 12th July 2012 at 10:07 PM.

My post was written with the intention of making clear enough for the dumbest guy in the room.

Mission accomplished.

(Just to clarify, the mission has been accomplished).
    Well, in all fairness 'twas hard to miss your point - but you went on such a literary flight of fancy that one was forced to wonder if you were really, really being serious. I mean really, really, really serious.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment