Register to Comment
Page 52 of 293 FirstFirst ... 2 425051525354 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Like Tree1247Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Edo View Post
    Does anybody know the exact details of this? - No

For all anybody knows - Reilly could have paid his share of the 1.9 million into an Escrow account for this payment and somebody else hasn't ponied up yet - and the creditor doesn't give a damn who has or has not paid up yet and wants all their money regardless of who of the 5 is going to pony up here so named them all in an effort to embarrass them into hurrying things along............the truth of the matter is that we don't actually know what is going on here at all...............

i'll wait to hear tomorrow from the horses mouth...
    I know. Terrible. You would think in this day and age what with the super highway, tv cameras, radio , twitter etc we would know already. James is rather quiet. Funny that!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

For all anybody knows - Reilly could have paid his share of the 1.9 million into an Escrow account for this payment and somebody else hasn't ponied up yet - and the creditor doesn't give a damn who has or has not paid up yet and wants all their money regardless of who of the 5 is going to pony up here so named them all in an effort to embarrass them into hurrying things along............the truth of the matter is that we don't actually know what is going on here at all...............

i'll wait to hear tomorrow from the horses mouth...
    We know some details regarding stubbs,payment date due and high court order.

Now James may have his share of the funds sitting in an account ready to go, nevertheless he knew what he was getting himself into. This debt is joint and severally liable, simples. He is a doctor, a politican, and if he wants to be a business man also, he must take full responsibility for his actions.

Payment was due in April, he broke a court order and appeared in Stubbs.

True, but you know as well as I do that the optics are (lamentably) what matter these days in politics. Reilly will want to come up with something credible tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    True, but you know as well as I do that the optics are (lamentably) what matter these days in politics.
    Yep - Im not really concerned about this for a couple of reasons

A)its a private deal between private business people - how they sort it is their affair - the taxpayer is not on the hook for anything here

b) It has nothing to do with his office and he has not used his office to influence things here one way or another....

I'd much rather that attention was focused on the lamentable progress he has made in his ministry since last year.

Its the internet and the weather is rotten, the garden is wet, can't go fishing, no football on tele, no wonder Reilly is of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
    Accountability is arguably worse now then under a FF government. Just have a look over today's Leaders Questions - we have Enda Kenny refusing to answer questions put to him by the opposition. If the opposition try and hold him accountable then that oppressive Ceann Comhairle, Sean Barrett, cuts them off without hesitation.

That is all on top of the fact that Enda Kenny himself has cut the time that he is required to answer Leaders Questions. It is a depressing farce. In the end though it will come back to haunt this government.

That annoys me very much, I believed Mr Kenny when he spoke about transparency and openness in government, when he promised Dail reform, When Michael Martin asks something the toiseach does not want to answer,he goes on about the former ministers 14v years in office, When Mr Adams Corners him Mr Kenny goes on about the Northern bank, those two gentlemen are well able to fight their own corner, I voted for Mr Kenny and his party, every time he refuses to answer he is insulting the electorate, the people who put him in that seat, I did not expect him to spit back in my face in return for my No 1.The flag wavers can do what Fianna Fail did support him no matter what he does, granted they can still shout that he is still as good in the polls as at election time, I believe both the party and the country is better served by exposing the gombeenism and cronyism, We had too much of that, After 15 months once more we have too much. There will be no Dail reform while Barrett and Kenny are in charge. It was a disgrace to the electorate and democracy itself what went on there today,There would be better order at the mart in Ballinasloe.

Yep - Im not really concerned about this for a couple of reasons

A)its a private deal between private business people - how they sort it is their affair - the taxpayer is not on the hook for anything here

b) It has nothing to do with his office and he has not used his office to influence things here one way or another....

I'd much rather that attention was focused on the lamentable progress he has made in his ministry since last year.
    He is the minister for health, these are nursing homes we are talking about. He is involved in quite a few. he says he has stepped back from the running of them, but he still has a financial interest in them. I think alarm bells should be ringing.
    If this was the UK he would already have handed in his papers. But then again this is the bannana republic.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    He is the minister for health, these are nursing homes we are talking about. He is involved in quite a few. he says he has stepped back from the running of them, but he still has a financial interest in them. I think alarm bells should be ringing.
    If this was the UK he would already have handed in his papers. But then again this is the bannana republic.
    A) this deal was entered into 12 years ago - Reilly became minister about a year ago

b) he declared it all in his interests to the Oireachtas

c) he has complied with all the rules and regulations ( similar to Britain) about divesting control from any conflicts of interest with his ministerial role.

Cameron and Osbourne have done in the same in regard to assets that they hold - for the duration of their offices.

So turn your brain on to engage and read previous posts and articles in the media before making a fool of yourself again.

Quote Originally Posted by sport02 View Post
    We know some details regarding stubbs,payment date due and high court order.

Now James may have his share of the funds sitting in an account ready to go, nevertheless he knew what he was getting himself into. This debt is joint and severally liable, simples. He is a doctor, a politican, and if he wants to be a business man also, he must take full responsibility for his actions.

Payment was due in April, he broke a court order and appeared in Stubbs.
    The original business contract to build and purchase a nursing home that Reilly entered into with his fellow investors was agreed in November 2000 predating James Reilly's election to the Dail at the 2007 General Election by seven years, he wasn't a candidate in the 2002 GE.

here is a guy who cannot run his own affairs, the handing over to the solicitor is a marriage of convenience, done to enable a life time at the trough to become a reality, looks at the number of pies he has fingers in, quite a list to me, he then is given the brief to run one of the largest spending portfolios in the country, how can he keep tabs on all that lot, please tell is he able to fill his expense account for his time in the dail, if he can do that properly then he should be in command of the rest.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment