Register to Comment
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

McGuinness says Whelan nomination could collapse government

Big John out with the big soundbyte again, look at me, my mouth is moving.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by stanley View Post

Is John a big man? Over 6ft?

Quote Originally Posted by stanley View Post

Indeed it could but I expect Leo and mickey to have crisis talks about Thursday at which point Leo will blink and blame Enda ,,,If he doesn't blink Mickey will be looking for a nice comfortable seat up beside wallace and co

Quote Originally Posted by effer View Post
    Is John a big man? Over 6ft?
    no and no - but is a respected politician.

The leadership of FF is his, if he wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by BACKTOBASICS View Post
    no and no - but is a respected politician.

The leadership of FF is his, if he wants it.
    I'd well believe it. He seems like a politician who's caught in a dreadful party who towers above any of the others in that party.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-29205837.html

Was this ever investigated by PAC

[B]Fiach Kelly Political Correspondent

April 18 2013 5:00 AM

NEW details have emerged of the €250,000 office built for the chairman of the Dail public spending watchdog when he has a junior minister, including a "concealed door" to the ministerial toilet hidden in wood panelling.

The Irish Independent has obtained the architects' plans which were approved by Fianna Fail TD John McGuinness, the chairman of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC), weeks after he was made a junior minister by then Taoiseach Bertie Ahern in 2007.

Mr McGuinness insists he had no part in the costing or fit-out for the work, but the architects' plans approved by the Carlow-Kilkenny deputy show a suite of between six and seven rooms within the Department of Enterprise on Kildare Street. The plans do not have any costings or pricing included in them.

They show concealed doors in timber panelling, including one hiding the entrance to Mr McGuinness' en suite bathroom – complete with wardrobe and mirrors – from his main office and boardroom. Previous records obtained by the Irish Independent showed a total of €6,671 was spent on walnut storage cabinets and wardrobes for the office.

Nobody else had access to the bathroom. The specifications stated that only luxury toilet roll be used in Mr McGuinness's toilet.[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    [B]Fiach Kelly Political Correspondent

April 18 2013 5:00 AM

NEW details have emerged of the €250,000 office built for the chairman of the Dail public spending watchdog when he has a junior minister, including a "concealed door" to the ministerial toilet hidden in wood panelling.

The Irish Independent has obtained the architects' plans which were approved by Fianna Fail TD John McGuinness, the chairman of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC), weeks after he was made a junior minister by then Taoiseach Bertie Ahern in 2007.

Mr McGuinness insists he had no part in the costing or fit-out for the work, but the architects' plans approved by the Carlow-Kilkenny deputy show a suite of between six and seven rooms within the Department of Enterprise on Kildare Street. The plans do not have any costings or pricing included in them.

They show concealed doors in timber panelling, including one hiding the entrance to Mr McGuinness' en suite bathroom – complete with wardrobe and mirrors – from his main office and boardroom. Previous records obtained by the Irish Independent showed a total of €6,671 was spent on walnut storage cabinets and wardrobes for the office.

Nobody else had access to the bathroom. The specifications stated that only luxury toilet roll be used in Mr McGuinness's toilet.[/B]

It's very odd all this as McGuinness does not think his shlte smells.

The man with the golden arse. Managed to spend something like 200k on jacks roll.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment