Register to Comment
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Quote Originally Posted by NewGoldDream View Post
    100% spot on.

We're now on the 5th page and still no link to the relevant complaint or source for the assertion.

Can anyone put up some clip of this alleged complaint or give the detail of it?
    Fianna Fail's general stance since being deposed has been to oppose all of its own policies.

FF want their bank guarantee made public... so the people can see the full extent of FF corruption?

What sense does that even make?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Luchador View Post
    Let's clear up the issue at hand here.

In 2008, Fianna Fail, after years of hyperinflating the property bubble with one hand and sticking the other in the cookie jar, committed their final act of treason in office by signing up to guarantee their friends' banks for hundreds of billions, at our expense over decades of course, at the cost of every aspect of the working and coping classes' lives. (The FF trolls can whinge and whatabout all they want, but they cannot argue or deny this, nor should we respond to their tactics.)

In 2012, the same party has the temerity and gall to publicly speak out against the bank bailout they created, and its effects on society. Basing their existence on "providing vigorous opposition", the FF party loves to score points against the current shower, who in their own incompetence and weakness, are simply patsies for their predecessors' agreements.

What kind of show is this? How can a party base itself on nothing but populism?

And even if they had the credibility to do so... how can a party protest its own policies? Genuine question.
    Perfectly reasonable. They know most people have the memory of fish, so they take full advantage. Still, most is not all, so they should hopefully stay well below 30%.

Ff are traitors of the lowest kind.

Regards...dev

Quote Originally Posted by Luchador View Post
    What sense does that even make?
    Infinitely more than this thread.

You claim FF were complaining about the bank guarantee, a couple of posters have observed that the story is nonsense, you produce as "support" FFs complaint about the whereabouts of files. Sure, you got a few of the usual suspects to high 5 each other about how bad FF are...but the thread is still utter gibberish.

Did it seem like a good idea at 12.20 am when it was posted?

The Bank Guarantee is really a distraction. The nub of the matter is, no matter what FF did in September 2008 we were screwed either way. Their incompetent management of the country from 1997 onwards ensured that. It was clear from around 1999 that we were heading for disaster - to anyone with an ounce of sense and a basic education in economics / economic history anyway. I have heard some people say the ''bubble'' started around 2002, I disagree. But in 2002 there would have been time to halt the madness and avoid a lot of the mess we are currently in. I'm still waiting for a proper apology from Micheal Martin and Fianna Fail by the way, I won't hold my breath...

bring back fianna fail, all is forgiven...lol, they never made any mistakes while they were in government. They didn't bankrupt ireland and they were the party of fiscal rectitude between 1997-2007.

Quote Originally Posted by sethjem7 View Post
    We are a very conservative nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattarigna View Post
    Rubbish. At least a solid two-thirds of the people over the last few years disapprove of this government and the last, and at least a solid third of the population would not consider voting for any of the political options currently available.
    Quote Originally Posted by sethjem7 View Post
    Oh come on, there is no real ideological difference in the main stream parties that have held public office in this country, my original post in this thread covers this. What we do have is a system that cycles from one party to the next that is, largely, based upon a protest vote of some sort or another, but the story remains the same, big promises of change before the election and then sink into the same old tired political practices that have gone before - zero change!

So, if what I said is rubbish, point out to me the differences in policies from the last Government to the present one! They are the exact same as the charlatans that held office before them! It is a conservative orthodoxy that continues unabated, you may think we possess a rebellious spirit but history suggests otherwise!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattarigna View Post
    Where did I say that there was a difference? Also, that is completely irrelavent.
    You know what! I don't know what you are saying and you just look like you want to start a row for the sake of it.

We are a conservative nation, our 2 main parties are so ideologically malleable that they are hard to distinguish from each other at any given time.

A solid two-thirds of the people, as you put it, disapprove of this government and the last! Well look where that has got us - the same old politicians and system...No change, conservative!

Quote Originally Posted by Dal gCais View Post
    People's fascination with all things FF never ceases to amaze me. For all their ills though it fails me to think of a reason to invent things to criticize them. I have not once heard of any FF'er complaining of the existence of a bank guarantee. If the OP insists in starting FF slagging topics, at least do it on something that has a basis in reality. That way there can be an actual debate rather than giving the FF posters an easy win by pointing out, quite rightly in this instance, that this thread is a work of fiction.

Mods, may I suggest that this thread finds its rightful home in the Zoo please.

Sums it up really, if you want to try to lower peoples perception of FF further at least find something substantial.

P.S Micheal Martin - New way of doing politics

Quote Originally Posted by ottovonbismarck View Post
    Ff are traitors of the lowest kind.

Regards...dev
    Lummox Collins on news and not a word about tax compliance!

Quote Originally Posted by True Republican View Post
    bring back fianna fail, all is forgiven...lol, they never made any mistakes while they were in government. They didn't bankrupt ireland and they were the party of fiscal rectitude between 1997-2007.
    They're the party of rectal fistitude!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment