Register to Comment
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 150
Like Tree53Likes
  1. #101
    irishpurplerevolution irishpurplerevolution is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    160

    Any relation of Helen late of Troy?
    Seems Robert is up on his high horse alright.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #102
    jpc jpc is offline
    jpc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #103
    Eoin Coir Eoin Coir is offline
    Eoin Coir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,009

    Heard Robert on news at one one today, what a clown. He is spokesman on Arts mind you. He was complaining about various agencies being amalgamated and when the interviewer put it to him that his party FF in government had the same proposals two years ago, all he could say was "well I was not elected then".It was embarrassing to hear him mumble and stutter, if you did not hear it, go to RTE player One pm. news for today Tuesday. All it seems he can do is roar when he is on a platform.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #104
    hammer hammer is offline
    hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    42,981

    He was the dick**** who introduced Mehole to the Ard Fheis this year where BIFFFFFO and BERTIE were carried shoulder high from the Conference or something like that
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #105
    FakeViking FakeViking is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,726

    Quote Originally Posted by Eoin Coir View Post
    Heard Robert on news at one one today, what a clown. He is spokesman on Arts mind you. He was complaining about various agencies being amalgamated and when the interviewer put it to him that his party FF in government had the same proposals two years ago, all he could say was "well I was not elected then".It was embarrassing to hear him mumble and stutter, if you did not hear it, go to RTE player One pm. news for today Tuesday. All it seems he can do is roar when he is on a platform.
    He started off so well with his prepared palaver, but once he was asked a question he completely lost it. And this is the up-and-coming generation of FFer?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #106
    hammer hammer is offline
    hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    42,981

    He was their great hope after the Mehole introduction at the Ard Fheis

    Back to the drawing board.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #107
    meriwether meriwether is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    23,055

    In the latest opinion poll, FF were on a support level less than 1% higher than their general election result.

    They have made no headway whatsoever since the election, approx a year and a half ago.

    This is a reflection on the facts that (a) Micheal Martin is utterly unsuiyable for the job, and (b) there is negligible talent in the FF parlimentary party. Their new TD's - Troy, Cowen, yer man in Donegal - have made no mark whatsoever, because they are incapable of making any mark. The residual is old and known to be useless TD's, such as O'Dea.

    The Seanad is no better. If Avril Power is the best they have, its curtains. She is prominent because of her attributes (female, Dublin, photogenic, female, young, female, did I mention she's female?), not her ability.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #108
    hammer hammer is offline
    hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    42,981

    Has Willie been hidden away with Eamo ?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #109
    FakeViking FakeViking is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,726

    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    In the latest opinion poll, FF were on a support level less than 1% higher than their general election result.

    They have made no headway whatsoever since the election, approx a year and a half ago.

    This is a reflection on the facts that (a) Micheal Martin is utterly unsuiyable for the job, and (b) there is negligible talent in the FF parlimentary party. Their new TD's - Troy, Cowen, yer man in Donegal - have made no mark whatsoever, because they are incapable of making any mark. The residual is old and known to be useless TD's, such as O'Dea.

    The Seanad is no better. If Avril Power is the best they have, its curtains. She is prominent because of her attributes (female, Dublin, photogenic, female, young, female, did I mention she's female?), not her ability.
    Agree 100%, they're feckin useless.

    But we need an Opposition for our system to work properly. When Ahern was at the height of his excesses, all the Mejjia could do was wonder at his brilliance and FG/Lab couldn't score a point against him. The only Opposition we have now is MM apeing Ming.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #110
    Rufty Rufty is offline
    Rufty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    705

    Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    He was the dick**** who introduced Mehole to the Ard Fheis this year where BIFFFFFO and BERTIE were carried shoulder high from the Conference or something like that
    Jesus you couldn't make it up.......unless you're hammer, in which case you invariably do!

    Haven't seen this interview yet but lads above disgussing FF's poll performance, the lady doth protest too much me thinks. If a nominal rise in support (in this poll btw, other polls have us up by more) shows that we're doomed/stagnating/etc. then what does it mean for your own party when ye're down by a greater number than the maximum margin of error??? Electorate realizing that Enda has no clothes to borrow a metaphor? That the coalition is intrinsically weak and disingenuous? No, it doesn't. It's a poll, it means diddly squat and will continue to do so up until a real election.

    As for your down-right sexist comments regarding Averil Power. I'll let them speak for themselves. This is a Senator that is proposing worth-while, anti-discrimination legislation to the Oireachtas (which the government turfed out before committee stage for no real reason) while FG senators do little more than collect dust. Quite frankly the level of sexism in the above post would be mind-boggling if it were not from the most predictable of sources!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment