Register to Comment
Page 1 of 52 123 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Are you invited to Bertie's 60th birthday party at Croke Park next friday?

Our former Taoiseach (and graduate of the London School of Economics. . ) is to celebrate his 60th birthday party at Croke Park next friday the 9th of september.

Invitations have gone out to the great and good of Ireland to celebrate the achievements of this great man . . . .who ran the country into the ground leaving Ireland in an economic mess for generations to come.

Have you received an invitation from Bertie's daughters?

If not - Would you go if you did?

Can anyone find some names of those who will be there?

Will there be Johnny Ronan giving a speech in thanks for Bertie "pulling for him"?

Will Cowen start a verse of "Ber Cowen is a TD me boys. . . .Ber Cowen is a TD"?

Will M. Martin meet Bertie in the car park beforehand?

Will Grainne Carruth and Bertie's Secretaries be invited?

It really will be the piss-up that sticks two fingers up to the people of Ireland.

So Happy Birthday Bertie - September 12th 1951: A truly dreadful day in the history of our country.

<Mod> This thread has been merged with "Croke Park is the spiritual home of the Ahern family". </Mod>
    Last edited by stringjack; 12th September 2011 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Merged thread.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

When did Bert graduate form the LSE and what was his academic award?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    Former Taoiseach (and graduate of the London School of Economics. . ) is to celebrate his 60th birthday party at Croke Park next friday the 9th of september.

Invitations have gone out to the great and good of Ireland to celebrate the achievements of this great man . . . .who ran the country into the ground leaving Ireland in an economic mess for generations to come.

Have you received an invitation from Bertie's daughters?

If not - Would you go if you did?

Can anyone find some names of those who will be there?

Will there be Johnny Ronan giving a speech in thanks for Bertie "pulling for him"?

Will Cowen start a verse of "Ber Cowen is a TD me boys. . . .Ber Cowen is a TD"?

Will M. Martin meet Bertie in the car park beforehand?

Will Grainne Carruth and Bertie's Secretaries be invited?

It really will be the piss-up that sticks two fingers up to the people of Ireland.

So Happy Birthday Bertie - September 12th 1951: A truly dreadful day in the history of our country.
    Thankfully no. I would imagine you would encounter more humanity and class on B Wing in Mountjoy.

I'd well spike his Bass

Two finger salute indeed....the man truly knows no shame.

What kind of sycophantic gobsh*tes are going to this anyway? The man is toxic.

One wonders what legacy of his they are celebrating; a bankrupted country, another generation forced into emigration, future generations burdened with debts which were his fault?

Quote Originally Posted by flavirostris View Post
    What kind of sycophantic gobsh*tes are going to this anyway? The man is toxic.

One wonders what legacy of his they are celebrating; a bankrupted country, another generation forced into emigration, future generations burdened with debts which were his fault?
    His fault - Not according to Bertie?

"People blame people. I know people who have very good apartments or houses in France or Spain or Italy or Greece. I know people who have very good houses and second houses and third houses and fourth and fifth houses in Ireland. They did overstretch themselves and I suppose it's handy enough for them to blame somebody"

Bertie: too easy to play blame game - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

Even the man who holds the top job in the country has had his difficulties over inconsistencies in his CV. While there is no suggestion that the Taoiseach deliberately lied or misled the public about his qualifications, in November 2001 the Fianna Fail website listed Bertie Ahern's third-level education as: "Rathmines College of Commerce, University College Dublin and London School of Economics."

That same month the Taoiseach was quoted in a new book, My Best Advice, as saying: "I obtained my accountancy qualification (in the College of Commerce, Rathmines) and later completed further diploma courses through the London School of Economics in taxation and business administration."

Sharp-eyed observers noted that the Taoiseach failed to make any mention in the book of his time at UCD. When a spokesman for Mr Ahern was asked to explain the omission, he said: "He has never claimed to hold degrees from UCD or anywhere else. I don't know what he got (after Rathmines College). He remembers doing the courses, but not what they were."

Attempts by reporters to trace Mr Ahern's attendance record at UCD or the London School of Economics proved unsuccessful. The reference on the Fianna Fail website to his studies at the LSE was subsequently deleted.
    The CV fibbers who play the lying game - Features, Unsorted - Independent.ie

Will all invited have their wallets or will they leave them at home that is the question

Quote Originally Posted by LOCALHERO View Post
    Thankfully no. I would imagine you would encounter more humanity and class on B Wing in Mountjoy.
    Thats where Bertie should be - locked up with some big burly guy 23 hours a day.

Page 1 of 52 123 11 51 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment