Register to Comment
Page 51 of 209 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Like Tree1265Likes

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by General Mayhem
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Is that why nobody is supposed to be living there, perchance?

Aside from the lack of fire safety, lack of insurance and all that other regulatory crap, like.
    I agree that health and safety are very important but needs are hierarchical, you get the people in out of the cold get them fed and watered and move up to the next rung of the pyramid.

Better than listening to Coveney going on about how he's going to do something next year.............or watching the thought bubble over Noonan's head that's saying " how is this going to affect property rights?".............or being worried about the rental income of the landlord classes that populate the Irish Parliament.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Originally Posted by sic transit
    It's a good thing but they really should be in the promised emergency bedding that has yet to be provided. They are a bunch of well-intentioned dopes, who have no realistic plan. I also hold the housing advocacy cash cows culpable in this as well. I find it quite ironic that they only ones who appear to be trying to sort this out are Mazars.
    I heard the woman who is fronting this up being interviewed on the 5 News along with Peter Mc Verry..........no dopes. Either of them.

This in a nutshell is what Fine Gael are all about:

Minister for Children Katherine Zappone has said she believes homeless families should be allowed to stay in Apollo House over Christmas.
    However, Minister for Housing Simon Coveney said on Friday that while he understood people’s frustration the occupation of the building was not the right way to resolve the difficulties facing homeless people.

Originally Posted by Socratus O' Pericles
    I heard the woman who is fromting this up being interviewed on the 5 News along with Peter Mc Verry..........no dopes. either of them.

Is McVerry actually fronting it or just fronting another homelessness interview? If the rich celebs had stumped up some of their own cash to rent something that will be there for any length of time they'd get credit instead of putting them in a decrepit quite probably dangerous building that makes them seem edgy. I feel we've learnt an awful lot about these housing advocacy types this year and sadly I will support very few of them into the future.

I agree that health and safety are very important but needs are hierarchical, you get the people in out of the cold get them fed and watered and move up to the next rung of the pyramid.

Better than listening to Coveney going on about how he's going to do something next year.............or watching the thought bubble over Noonan's head that's saying " how is this going to affect property rights?".............or being worried about the rental income of the landlord classes that populate the Irish Parliament.
    Well, sure, as long as everybody going in is aware that the place is a fire risk of sorts.

Or maybe it isn't a fire risk at all?

I am sick of hearing about homeless from people who should know better about all the nuances attached to it.

For one, not all homeless are home LESS, they just don't have their former home, but they have shelter in a hotel.

Then there are those who will not accept a council house because it is not in their desired area.

And there are those who will not use hostels for a myriad of reasons.

Now anyone can go around with a sleeping bag over their shoulder and a cup in their hands waved under your nose. That doesn't mean they are penniless or without a bed either.

I get it that some slip through the cracks, but FGS there are four major homeless charities out there getting multiple millions in aid from the taxpayer, and yet every year it's the same thing. Are they useless or what?

Sorry, this homeless industry gets me goat sometimes.

This in a nutshell is what Fine Gael are all about:

That's the insurance company, much as you want to grant superhuman powers to the evil government, and standard procedure these days with any changes to circumstances.

Originally Posted by sic transit
    Is McVerry actually fronting it or just fronting another homelessness interview? If the rich celebs had stumped up some of their own cash to rent something that will be there for any length of time they'd get credit instead of putting them in a decrepit quite probably dangerous building that makes them seem edgy. I feel we've learnt an awful lot about these housing advocacy types this year and sadly I will support very few of them into the future.
    If the " celebs" weren't involved with this do you think it would get the same publicity?

Originally Posted by asset test
    I am sick of hearing about homeless from people who should know better about all the nuances attached to it.

For one, not all homeless are home LESS, they just don't have their former home, but they have shelter in a hotel.

Then there are those who will not accept a council house because it is not in their desired area.

And there are those who will not use hostels for a myriad of reasons.

Now anyone can go around with a sleeping bag over their shoulder and a cup in their hands waved under your nose. That doesn't mean they are penniless or without a bed either.

I get it that some slip through the cracks, but FGS there are four major homeless charities out there getting multiple millions in aid from the taxpayer, and yet every year it's the same thing. Are they useless or what?

Sorry, this homeless industry gets me goat sometimes.
    A long spell of homelessness would do you the world of good.

Originally Posted by bonkers
    If the " celebs" weren't involved with this do you think it would get the same publicity?
    They are a mixed blessing, Many tend to be absolutely clueless of what they are supporting and why. It's not a question of them being involved it's finding a solution, which is those promised emergency beds.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment