Register to Comment
Page 2 of 209 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Like Tree1265Likes

Also, Mattress Mick donated the beds.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

What does it achieve? 131 people arrived from Greece today. We're told they're Syrian refugees, but there's no proof of who they are. How many houses are needed to house them and why are the people behind this Occupy stunt not protesting that 131 migrants will be housed ahead of all the homeless Irish people?

Those people could afford to pay thousands of euro to people traffickers and Greece is not a war zone so there's nothing to flee from only flee to a life time on the gravy train in Ireland, in a few years the government will pay for them to be naturalised. Then they'll be entitled to even more than the homeless Irish folks.

an orge of virtue signalling from the motley crew of celebs

oh and the two biggest a55h0les in ireland along for the ride in john connors and brendan ogle

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by irish_bob
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

oh and the two biggest a55h0les in ireland along for the ride in john connors and brendan ogle
    Musicians and singers Glenn Hansard and Damien Dempsey have always held political views, it's reflected in their songs, particularly Dempsey's so it's not like they're jumping on the bandwagon or see themselves as Boner or Geldof.

Jim Sheridan just happened to find out about the initiative last week, he spoke on the Ray D'Arcy show today.

John Connors, whatever you think of him, is a good advocate for the travellers, articulate and confident.

Brendan Ogle is a principled, fair and honest man. He has integrity and is passionate about his cause. The more I hear his views the more I like him.

What do they all have in common? Passion. A f˙cking heart. Kudos to them all.

But of course I forgot - You're a landlord!

The Main people behind this initiative are The Irish Housing Network and Rosie Leonard.

The others I listed above are just lending their support, but they're the ones the media have latched on to.

Not wishing to be unkind, but the people involved in this are junkies and street drinkers.

Does anyone seriously think that someone with children is going to be sleeping in Apollo House?

Such people are given emergency accommodation - not the optimum solution I know and people have lost their homes unfairly - but they are not sleeping on the streets.

Originally Posted by Lara2
    Musicians and singers Glenn Hansard and Damien Dempsey have always held political views, it's reflected in their songs, particularly Dempsey's so it's not like they're jumping on the bandwagon or see themselves as Boner or Geldof.

Jim Sheridan just happened to find out about the initiative last week, he spoke on the Ray D'Arcy show today.

John Connors, whatever you think of him, is a good advocate for the travellers, articulate and confident.

Brendan Ogle is a principled, fair and honest man. He has integrity and is passionate about his cause. The more I hear his views the more I like him.

What do they all have in common? Passion. A f˙cking heart. Kudos to them all.

But of course I forgot - You're a landlord!

" john connors is a good advocate for the travelling community "

well he is an apt spokesperson , il give you that

the guy is a grievance monger of the highest order , he is also let away with absolute murder by the media and apparently can say anything with immunity ( no matter how innaccurate or slanderous ) and be sure of not even the slightest challenge by sole virtue of the fact he is a member of a PC sacred cow group , odious cretin

Oh the naivety! I'm sure that their hearts are in the right place, but just like Band Aid, they'll soon discover that REAL charitable assistance is not just for Christmas, and is also open to all sorts of abuse that they would never have deemed possible. How many times does the parable have to be repeated before people realise it makes common sense? "Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach him to fish you feed him for a lifetime." Short term measures are all well and good, but at the risk of repeating myself, Jonathan Corrie sold TWO properties in order to feed his addiction and died in a doorway. There is no point in keeping people alive on a daily basis purely to gratify the dealers, be they drugs, or alcohol, or prescription tablets, or even the "charities" that people become dependent on. We need to focus on education and family planning to lift people out of the poverty cycle. But of course no-one wants to do that lest it disturb the status quo and their "human rights" to live a life as they please, regardless of the cost to society.

Originally Posted by Seanie Lemass
    Not wishing to be unkind, but the people involved in this are junkies and street drinkers.

Does anyone seriously think that someone with children is going to be sleeping in Apollo House?

Such people are given emergency accommodation - not the optimum solution I know and people have lost their homes unfairly - but they are not sleeping on the streets.
    We have a serious housing crisis, thousands of empty places all over the country, fair dues to these people for doing what they have.

Originally Posted by irish_bob

Wtf have you ever done?

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment