Register to Comment
Page 11 of 208 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 111 ... LastLast
Like Tree1256Likes

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by L'Chaim
    To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Oh that's good.

Mind you, if the owners didn't ask for both to be turned on you'd wonder how both were turned on. Can't see the ESB turning on electricity in what's basically a squat
    Ah well. When needs must and all that.
    Heartening to see such concern for the residents. Health and safety, garda vetting, water, electricity and showers...
    FFS.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

I take it nobody sees the huge queues winding round the back of the Central Bank for food, soup and tea every night around 8pm? Or the large gatherings outside the GPO from 7.30pm where Simon operate a soup run then from 10.30pm ICCH (Inner City Campaign for the Homeless) distribute sandwiches, tea and coffee, soup, as well as blankets, clothes, fresh socks and underwear, toothbrushes and toothpaste.

I don't think many on here take a walk around the north and south inner city after dark or very early in the morning to see the actual number of homeless and that's not counting people off-side in parks or more hidden areas out of town.

Originally Posted by Lara2
    I take it nobody sees the huge queues winding round the back of the Central Bank for food, soup and tea every night around 8pm? Or the large gatherings outside the GPO from 7.30pm where Simon operate a soup run then from 10.30pm ICCH (Inner City Campaign for the Homeless) distribute sandwiches, tea and coffee, soup, as well as blankets, clothes, fresh socks and underwear, toothbrushes and toothpaste.

I don't think many on here take a walk around the north and south inner city after dark or very early in the morning to see the actual number of homeless and that's not counting people off-side in parks or more hidden areas out of town.
    To be fair, it has seemed in recent times that an increasing number of p.ie posters have a decreasingly small experience of what you oldsters refer to as the "real world."

They prefer to consume the world predigested by either bizarro websites or (obviously to a much lesser degree) certain smorgasbord interpretations of a particular Christian sect not especially noted for its dealings with the real world.

Originally Posted by saab900
    Sounds like about 200 politicians and celebrities babysitting 5 or 6 addicts and down and outs.
    Wouldn't you love to see this absolute scumbag homeless? A few years would do it the world of good.

Originally Posted by bokuden
    Well seeing as labour did more to create the housing crisis than ogle ever did, i can understand why.
    That piece of dirt is no more Labour than I am.

Originally Posted by talkingshop
    To back up what exactly?
    The bollix you're spouting.

Originally Posted by Texal Tom
    IT would be interesting if a 'resident' took a court case against the leftie loons if the facility they encouraged to kip in was less salubrious and maybe a bit dangerous than they had expected via all the celebrity vids etc.... If you advertise your facilities as suitable accommodation and encourage guests then you need to make sure you can safely accommodate your guests. Interesting....
    I suppose it's just like the houses/ apartments with pyrite that none of the right wing scum paid a price for.

Lara, these lowlifes don't give a bollix. Hopefully karma will catch up with them or their children some day.

Also, Mattress Mick donated the beds.

Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides
    Nationalization of houses and flats left un-used for more than a year would be great start.
    Something like this seriously needs to be explored. Not all unoccupied houses are in the wilds of Leitrim, there's one on my estate - the owner lives in Alaska and doesn't rent out his house simply because he is an odd ba$tard.

I applaud the intentions of those involved in the Apollo House occupation but these things usually turn chaotic when left to poets and artists (try visit Freetown Christiania in Copenhagen). At the same time, I'm glad somebody is doing it - when you have no political options then direct action sends out a message.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment