Register to Comment
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64
Like Tree41Likes
  1. #21
    Clanrickard Clanrickard is offline
    Clanrickard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    38,960

    Quote Originally Posted by Supra View Post
    It's equally an argument for the opposite. Now is a time for leadership, the lack of which has brought us to this uncertainty.
    While true the main mover is Merkel and likes consistency and calmness. She likes Kenny and that would be to our advantage. Kenny is also the second longest serving leader after Merkel on the council so he has some status.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #22
    Congalltee Congalltee is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7,123

    Enda Kenny is liked by as many as dislike him.
    But he is respected by far fewer.
    The fact that he has been in the Council and EPP for a long time, just increases the opportunities for eu leaders to get examples why he does not earn respect.

    Leo V or Simon Snr would be an unknown quantity. Without Endas baggage or years of exposure.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #23
    *EPIC SUCCESS* *EPIC SUCCESS* is offline

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    2,036

    Quote Originally Posted by Congalltee View Post
    Enda Kenny is liked by as many as dislike him.
    But he is respected by far fewer.
    The fact that he has been in the Council and EPP for a long time, just increases the opportunities for eu leaders to get examples why he does not earn respect.

    Leo V or Simon Snr would be an unknown quantity. Without Endas baggage or years of exposure.
    The EU in general has little respect for Ireland.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #24
    TheWolf TheWolf is offline
    TheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,519

    Nobody will be listening to Ireland when it comes to the Brexit negotiations.
    It'll be what it's going to be, as decided by France & Germany, and we'll take it from there.
    Anyone who thinks we have any influence over matters in Europe is seriously deluded.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #25
    ShoutingIsLeadership ShoutingIsLeadership is offline
    ShoutingIsLeadership's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    47,012
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #26
    offalypat offalypat is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,049

    Quote Originally Posted by Supra View Post
    Then you need a new Government. A new leader of FG isn't going to do that.
    good idea lets have a new government and then we will have m. martin as leader so that at least we can see what a really useless tool he and his ff party is..
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #27
    cozzy121 cozzy121 is online now
    cozzy121's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,986

    Quote Originally Posted by *EPIC SUCCESS* View Post
    The EU in general has little respect for Ireland.
    Nobody respects the inventors of gombeen politics.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #28
    farnaby farnaby is offline
    farnaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,894

    Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    While true the main mover is Merkel and likes consistency and calmness. She likes Kenny and that would be to our advantage. Kenny is also the second longest serving leader after Merkel on the council so he has some status.
    Yet Kenny insisted on Dara Murphy, someone who should never have been let near ministerial office, becoming EPP vice-president, compounding his supposed position as our man in Europe. Think also of Hogan being sent to Brussels.

    That's the real message Kenny gives to the EU - it's a dumping ground for unpopular Kenny loyalists.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #29
    TheWolf TheWolf is offline
    TheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,519

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    More examples of Kenny's lies and incompetence.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #30
    TheWolf TheWolf is offline
    TheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,519

    Quote Originally Posted by farnaby View Post
    Yet Kenny insisted on Dara Murphy, someone who should never have been let near ministerial office, becoming EPP vice-president, compounding his supposed position as our man in Europe. Think also of Hogan being sent to Brussels.

    That's the real message Kenny gives to the EU - it's a dumping ground for unpopular Kenny loyalists.
    Brian Hayes is another dipstick brown-noser who got exiled.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment