Register to Comment
Page 53 of 4273 FirstFirst ... 3 435152535455 63 103 153 553 1053 ... LastLast
Like Tree65022Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    The US never acted in "good faith" in the slightest. There was none whatsoever in that effort.

I'll agree with you one thing. This is a tricky one. Hussein was a dictator. This is a very delicate piece of ice to tread over, but maybe the best form of stability in his country was that he be one. I'm f¨cked on this issue.
    I think Des, we also remember Yugoslavia, and the mayhem which ensued following the demise of Tito, who was more benevolent than most.

Iraq is another case in point, and I agree it was tricky. I'm sure you also remember, there were no Islamists active in Iraq.

The USUK provided the fertile sectarian breeding ground for what we now see unfolding.

No sane person supported the Dicrator, which the USUK used to prosecute their proxy War against Iran, and who murdered so many of his own people.

But, was that worse than what we now have??

It's also worth remembering that the US installed, and supported, many more Dictators than they ever overthrew, in pursuit of their own "strategic interests" as the only surviving Military Superpower.

Simplistic solutions, reasons and ideas, proposed by some here are simple for a reason.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by cunnyfunt View Post
    You've said local knowledge should point to a "better perspective" or along those lines, yet you've tried to rubbish that ladies local knowledge of whats what.
    Becuse her experience is not typical. I've tried to find that kernel of truth, but:

The woman herself doesn't speak:
    Her daughter tells lies and contradicts herself;
    The organisation making the video has literally zero credibility having been founded on lies.
    Last edited by Des Quirell; 17th August 2015 at 09:04 PM.

Becuse her experience is not typical.
    Typically, European countries don't have squalid camps of "refugees" trying to leave perfectly safe countries and terrorising innocent people whilst doing so.

The woman herself doesn't speak:
    The daughter explained why. Maybe you should watch it again.

You can demonstrate for Palestine. A specific march was banned after violence at one march. A very bad and sinister decision (and doubtless the pro-Israel Valls was behind it) but the ban is not general.

The distinction regarding the Burqa is that in public places the face must be visible. It's a law with which I am in disagreement.

Can you please point me to statute regarding criticism of Israel, because without a citation that claim is one on which I call BS.
    Oh correction, it is calling for a Boycott of Israeli goods which they have deemed illegal. An extraordinary blanket protection for any country from a legal expert - much less for a serial human rights abuser.

France Penalizes Boycott of Israeli Products

Quote Originally Posted by Karloff View Post
    Oh correction, it is calling for a Boycott of Israeli goods which they have deemed illegal. An extraordinary blanket protection for any country from a legal expert - much less for a serial human rights abuser.

France Penalizes Boycott of Israeli Products
    No.

You made a claim. Retract it.

Back it up with facts. Don't throw other stuff around.

Quote Originally Posted by amist4 View Post
    Typically, European countries don't have squalid camps of "refugees" trying to leave perfectly safe countries and terrorising innocent people whilst doing so.

The daughter explained why. Maybe you should watch it again.
    That is why I very explicitly stated that she lived at an interface. That has happened throughout history.

Her daughter lied over details and thus exploits her mother. Contact either of them.

That is why I very explicitly stated that she lived at an interface. That has happened throughout history.

Her daughter lied over details and thus exploits her mother. Contact either of them.
    Can you remind me of another time in history where "refugees" in perfectly safe countries were holed up in squalid camps and looking to terrorise locals and travellers in their quest to illegally enter another safe country to claim political asylum, despite it being on offer there?

The daughter is emotionally torn asunder by events that have left her elderly mother terrorised in her own home. I suppose you have her pegged as a racist that can't believe her luck.

Quote Originally Posted by amist4 View Post
    Can you remind me of another time in history where "refugees" in perfectly safe countries were holed up in squalid camps and looking to terrorise locals and travellers in their quest to illegally enter another safe country to claim political asylum, despite it being on offer there?

The daughter is emotionally torn asunder by events that have left her elderly mother terrorised in her own home. I suppose you have her pegged as a racist that can't believe her luck.
    The daughter is parading her mother who is perfectly capable of speaking for herself.

She explicitly mentions her address. Why would anybody mention that? She does it very explicitly.

That'snot very protective, is it? I can give it to you from the direct version, but won't.

The daughter is parading her mother who is perfectly capable of speaking for herself.
    And again. The daughter explains this. Watch the video.

She explicitly mentions her address. Why would anybody mention that? She does it very explicitly.

That'snot very protective, is it? I can give it to you from the direct version, but won't.
    You think it is wrong she gives her address? Should it be a State secret?

And yet, I suppose if she didn't give her address, it would all be highly suspicious and she could be anyone and she could be living anywhere.... yada yada.

It is a huge political dilemma – Fortress Europe being overrun. And assisting in the breach by sending out out ships to rescue migrants, which also encourages them more.

It’s a big moral issue too, because these are our fellow human beings. They know, thanks to social media etc. how deprived their own countries are and they naturally want a slice of first world living. Many of us don’t want to share. Many think they can’t afford to share. I think the situation in Greece shows an extreme case where a country which is going through a very bad economic situation is being inundated with more poor people.

Kevin Myers always thought that the generosity (charity) of the first world held back progress in the third world – that is, they won’t sort out their own problems if someone else will do it for them. To force the third world to begin the process by removing aid would mean a huge amount of people dying before they got the finger out to organise some kind of social equity and economic safety net. To continue to give charity means that a certain amount of people will always die of neglect.

It looks like they are not waiting for the charity to come anymore – they are migrating to the source.

We could, I suppose, embrace change and a new world which is ‘a great big melting pot’ turning out ‘coffee-coloured people by the score’. Quite a lot of people, I think, would prefer to tighten up the defenses of Fortress Europe and let the third world go stew.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment