Register to Comment
Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 457
Like Tree564Likes
  1. #1
    YouKnowWhatIMeanLike YouKnowWhatIMeanLike is offline
    YouKnowWhatIMeanLike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,254

    Juncker State of the European Union Speech 2017

    https://ec.europa.eu/commission/state-union-2017_en

    we are going to see more of the EU soon:

    Here is the roadmap for the renewed EU

    * The Euro currency will be introduced to all EU member states
    * The EU will establish a centralised European Defence Union
    * All EU members will be members of the Schengen Area
    * common consolidated corporate tax base, on VAT, the digital industry and a financial transaction tax
    * a single EU Finance Minister
    * EU is an aging block and needs more immigration to survive

    TBC
    Last edited by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike; 13th September 2017 at 10:16 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    Spanner Island Spanner Island is offline
    Spanner Island's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19,994

    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike View Post
    https://ec.europa.eu/commission/state-union-2017_en

    we are going to see more of the EU soon:

    Here is the roadmap for the renewed EU

    * The Euro currency will be introduced to all EU member states
    * The EU will establish a centralised United Defense Force
    * All EU members will be members of the Schengen Area

    TBC
    I don't think the CTA and Shengen will mix.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    YouKnowWhatIMeanLike YouKnowWhatIMeanLike is offline
    YouKnowWhatIMeanLike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,254

    Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Island View Post
    I don't think the CTA and Shengen will mix.
    tis why Junkie just told the Brits they will suffer big time over Brexit decision long term
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    blinding blinding is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    9,072

    That man should be breathalysed before he is let make a speech in public....

    There must be a Garda with a kit available..........
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    between the bridges between the bridges is offline
    between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    40,312

    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike View Post
    tis why Junkie just told the Brits they will suffer big time over Brexit decision long term
    Yeah the 'were going to make ye suffer, now about that 100 billion', tis a real clinker...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    blinding blinding is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    9,072

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    Yeah the 'were going to make ye suffer, now about that 100 billion', tis a real clinker...
    Juncker liked the British taxpayer paying for his Liquor.........its not surprising he is bitching....
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    Spanner Island Spanner Island is offline
    Spanner Island's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    19,994

    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWhatIMeanLike View Post
    tis why Junkie just told the Brits they will suffer big time over Brexit decision long term
    That's not my point...

    If Ireland is to retain the CTA then we can't join Schengen...

    At this stage I'm getting close to beyond caring although by retaining the CTA and also being in the EU means there is a risk we will see a significant upsurge in immigration 'going forward' from both places...

    > €uro - we're already in it.

    > United Defence Force - I've no problem with that although I know it sends many in Ireland into apoplectic rages...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    JacquesHughes JacquesHughes is offline
    JacquesHughes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    853

    Party On.

    Note the day. Divorce Party in Romania on the day the UK leaves 30-3-2019. They have a sense of humour.

    Verhofstadt urged the solution to the refugee crisis is a 'Europe wide asylum system' ( condemned 'Dublin' as the problem! nothing personal)- not much analysis presented in support. Just note; They're determined to get all of that decided far from any electorate's 'interference'.

    No-one ( that I saw) argued for a Marshall Plan for Africa, or for the very neccessary, reduction in asylum incentives. Lamentable.

    A bit of anti-Russia rhetoric/posturing goes down well in the parliament- they seem to have forgotten their history, the EEC countered international hostility with economic interdependence.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    blinding blinding is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    9,072

    Is there a direct democratic way to get rid of Juncker from the Eu leadership...?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    YouKnowWhatIMeanLike YouKnowWhatIMeanLike is offline
    YouKnowWhatIMeanLike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,254

    Quote Originally Posted by Spanner Island View Post
    That's not my point...

    If Ireland is to retain the CTA then we can't join Schengen...

    At this stage I'm getting close to beyond caring although by retaining the CTA and also being in the EU means there is a risk we will see a significant upsurge in immigration 'going forward' from both places...

    > €uro - we're already in it.

    > United Defence Force - I've no problem with that although I know it sends many in Ireland into apoplectic rages...
    Junckers emphasis today was on all EU members will have to join Schengen. hence the CTA is history. what comes to the travel to third-party countries arrangement is somewhat secondary here.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment