Register to Comment
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Roll_On View Post
    Are you high? It can cost up to 4000 for a new driver to insure a car for a year.
    Did I say they were paying for it themselves? It's another case of the bank of mum and dad. I see plenty of young lads from the local secondary school driving around with 4 and 5 of them in a car messing around and when you see some of the antics it's easy to see why there are so many fatal car accidents with under 30's.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by ergo2 View Post
    No harm to remind people of the sixty years of peace, and what the Treaty of Rome did to ensure the peace continues
    Not sure how long that's going to last. Junker announced that he plans to make Brexit so painful that other member states would fall in love with each other again, as he put it. Without wanting to derail the thread, if France and Germany get the go ahead to jointly rule Europe and impose their will on other member countries it isn't hard to imagine an even faster collapse than what's happening and another war.

kids will be more worried about getting money to pay for college or trying to get a job at that age I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixness View Post
    Did I say they were paying for it themselves? It's another case of the bank of mum and dad. I see plenty of young lads from the local secondary school driving around with 4 and 5 of them in a car messing around and when you see some of the antics it's easy to see why there are so many fatal car accidents with under 30's.
    You're having a laugh, you said the average Irish 18 year old. The average 18 year old doesn't have parents that can just hand over the guts of €10,000 for: a theory test, an eye test, a license application fee, 12 compulsory driving lessons, an expensive driving test, renting an instructors car for said test, another license application fee, a new car and the whopping car insurance. All on top of the 18 year olds existing costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Roll_On View Post
    You're having a laugh, you said the average Irish 18 year old. The average 18 year old doesn't have parents that can just hand over the guts of €10,000 for: a theory test, an eye test, a license application fee, 12 compulsory driving lessons, an expensive driving test, renting an instructors car for said test, another license application fee, a new car and the whopping car insurance. All on top of the 18 year olds existing costs.
    Back when i was 18 provisional insurance cost 6000 Irish pounds a year. There cant be many people who would pay that. A taxi every day would be cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    It might backfire too, as young people may see first hand e.g. in Greece and Spain and in The UK (with homelessness) that austerity is the closest thing to genocide they can realistically impose and get away with it!
    Also given that young folk will be working into their 80s well private sector ones, it's kind of a sweetner, because they won't be able to access the OAP free/discounted travel tickets until a far greater age than the current EU Tosser Gravy Train Merchants!
    Are there EU-wide freebie tickets for OAPs.? We have earned them.

Quote Originally Posted by gleeful View Post
    Back when i was 18 provisional insurance cost 6000 Irish pounds a year. There cant be many people who would pay that. A taxi every day would be cheaper.
    And you get the right commentary thrown in for free. It's a win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by ergo2 View Post
    Are there EU-wide freebie tickets for OAPs.? We have earned them.
    This makes sense sort of. We need a Euro-Charlie to bring it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Walsh View Post
    Lovely gesture as a one off.
    I dont know Manfred Webers Email but Im sure if you send him a tweet at https://twitter.com/ManfredWeber he will tell you where you can make your payment towards the cost of running this scheme.

Yes, encouraging youths to broaden their minds is frankly dangerous and decidedly anti-knuckle dragger. Down with this sort of thing.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment